Which States With Legalization on the Ballot will Pass Recreational?

Which states will legalize recreational cannabis in November?

• Arizona

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • California

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Maine

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Massachusetts

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Nevada

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vitolo ,
WTF is happening in AZ????
I just saw an update with 53% against your cannabis prop :(
It's a crime that those anti mj ads with blatant lies were allowed to air---with statements like in CO, schools were not getting mj tax money as promised...... BS
Hope the vote turns around
MinnBobber...
I do not vote at all, and neither does Patty. I will not get into a discussion about it... it causes too much friction, but we have never voted, and still will not EVER vote.
Most AZ residents are against it, for various reasons. I do know why my Doctor (an MMJ Doctor) is against it.
This 1st one is not my Doctor..
If there are to many unanswered questions, if we are spending more time going HUH, WHAT, Does that say what I think it says... Then maybe just maybe we should take the time to write said law correctly. Clearly there is a huge community that is backing the legalization of cannabis, SO why not do it correctly the first time. I am all for the progression, but once this law is passed there is NO changing it. There is NO going forward. Lets be frank.. for those of us 'for cannibas', clearly NO laws have stopped us before, if we are adament about getting said cannibas. We've gotten it. So, waiting just a year longer or so, really isn't going to make or break us. WHAT is wrong with taking the time to do it RIGHT the FIRST FUCKING TIME!
Our MMJ Doctor.. a very legally conscious, and well read voter changed her status for the days before election.. This was her status the day of election.
I'm actually against this law... but not for the reasons that the ridiculous campaign ads talk about. I think this campaign will probably encourage many people to vote for it
My last (maybe) post on why I chose TO VOTE NO ON 205... again I'm not a lawyer and I'd like conversations to remain a little more intelligent then calling me (or anyone else) stupid - unless you back it up. And no... I'm not getting paid by anyone - especially discount tire!!! Cheers to getting out and voting tomorrow - vote educated!

VIRUTAL ELIMINATION OF FUTURE SMALL BUSINESS and FREE ENTERPRISE - Current dispensaries have paved and secured their green (Marijuana and $$) highway

Virtual Eliminate of Free Enterprise
There will be more jobs if prop 205 passes but there won’t be ANY new businesses until 2021. 2017-2021 all the licenses for recreational marijuana will solely be given to CURRENT medical marijuana dispensaries. In 2021 The Department of Marijuana licenses and Control may begin to accept new applications for marijuana establishments, but if they have greater applications than allowable, any application that is from a previous medical marijuana dispensary will be chosen first over any new folks that are competing for an application - this is forever.

Laws of licenses for cultivation are also skewed towards current medical marijuana dispensaries. It will be a tiered system. Only the highest tier, allowing UNLIMITED marijuana production, will be given to the current dispensaries - everyone else will have restrictions.

As physician and someone that believes in small business I will not support this. There are many talented people that didn’t have the $150,000, the luck of the lottery system to ‘win’ the opportunity of a medical marijuana dispensary, and people that aren’t even born yet that will have a major disadvantage in the future business of the marijuana industry. Simply because the laws strongly support the current dispensaries. Like any business dispensaries across the board vary in quality and service. This has been a great frustration. Lives have been saved and radically changed for the better with help from many dispensaries. There has also been situations where MEDICAL cannabis has contained mold, fungus, bugs, situations of poor information and people ripped off (80 year old woman with stage 3 lung cancer that bought $2100 of concentrated hemp oil believing it was a cancer cure comes to mind). Even if every current dispensary was perfect - they should not be immune to competition - immediately and the in future.

Competition will allow the best to rise to the top.
Few last minute points on why I chose TO VOTE NO ON 205... again I'm not a lawyer and I'd like conversations to remain a little more intelligent then calling me (or anyone else) stupid - unless you back it up. And no... I'm not getting paid by anyone - especially discount tire!!! Cheers to getting out and voting tomorrow - vote educated!

IF PROP 205 IS LEGALIZING MARIJUANA THEN WHY DIVERT TAX DOLLARS FOR EDUCATION TO APPOINTING/PAYING A ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND CREATING AN INTERNAL TASK FORCE??? WHY NOT LEAVE IT TO THE LOCAL POLICE?

The Department of Marijuana licenses and Control
These - are the folks that will be appointed by the Governor and will take over both the medical and recreational marijuana programs. They can amend any of the rules of the medical marijuana program and will take over all the monies. The governing board of this department will consist of the director and the marijuana commission - that consists of 7 members (4 of which have NO financial interest in any marijuana establishments and 3 that DO).The Governor will appoint an Enforcement Officer that will have “all the powers and duties of a peace officer” and create an internal task force for policing illegal activity. If this prop is the legalization of marijuana then why are we OK with creating more policing of marijuana activity? Why are individuals with financial ties to dispensaries allowed to make up almost 50% of the governing body? This is a frighting amount of control. Its too much overlap between the governing board, the making and the enforcement the rules and who they are governing and making the rules for.

I realize I may upset some FC members by my blatant admission of being a non-voter.
Voting is not my "right", or "privilege". It also is certainly not my "responsibility".
I stand by my right as an American to not watch TV news.. read newspapers, or vote.
I am 65 and have never watched TV news once.
I also have NEVER read one single newspaper.
This is my right as an American.
I maintain my right to not give a damn.
We are the elite among the politically apathetic.
Ronald Reagan was president for almost 3 years before I knew he was in office.
I was doorman at a bar, and a client said "Did you know President Reagan is in the Hospital?"
I said "who?"
they responded "Ronald Reagan is in the hospital."
I answered "You mean the actor?"
They were shocked.
I laughed.

Last edited:

jay87

I'm really hoping all of these states that legalized now will push other states over the top towards legalization.

As a Michigan resident who had the legalization initiative removed from the ballot due to a technicality, it's nice to see that when people are actually given the opportunity to vote that their voices can be heard.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I wouldn't congratulate Maine yet. .4% separates YES & NO with 7% of the vote still out.

7 percent of the precincts, not the raw vote. 2500 votes up....30 small precincts left. Still a bit optimistic, Feds countermanding all of us notwithstanding.

TwistedGray

I'll keep my med card...buy way to much, too often to be paying nearly 20% in additional taxes! Cali res

TwistedGray,

TeeJay1952

@Vitolo If you don't watch news and don't read papers and you stay out of politics, How do you know it is your right not to vote?:2c:

TeeJay1952,

Vitolo

Vaporist
  • Because I have decided that it is my right.
  • I was told this as a child by my family (who also refused to vote back in the 1950's)
  • I had no reason to believe my family would lie to me.
Interesting point... I never went to school, and learned to read at the age of 40.
My Godmother taught me to read, and before my introduction to a computer my reading (yes at age 40) was limited to "Highlights for Children"
After my Coma I had time to re-learn reading skills, and I learned to use a computer (10 years ago was my first time to see a computer in person).
If it is NOT my right to refuse to vote, then let them come and get me!
On Facebook, I keep friends, but have blocked any shared websites, or people that share anything of a political nature.
How do you know it is your right not to vote?
It is my right because I say so.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/11/...-may-be-key-to-maine-marijuana-vote/comments/

There it is. NO is still talking about a recount, but it's unlikely to change anything...they won't find 2-3000 votes. They have till Tuesday to file for a new count.

Now we just have to see if the Feds will decide to clamp down on all legal states. CA will be a big fat target for them if they take that road...there's gonna be some mighty backlash if they do that. (Talk about subverting the will of the people...)

grokit

well-worn member
As an occasional 3rd-party, and/or non-voter that usually votes a mixed ticket when I do, I will vouch for the validity of not voting. At its essence, it is a form of protest against our manipulated, polarized choices.

:myday:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Not voting is a part of living in a free country. Nobody has to do it.

Congratulation new cannabis states.:love:

Edit
As of Nov. 10 2016 4:00 PM
Here are the results of the marijuana ballot measures
Marijuana was on the ballot in nine states on Tuesday: Voters in four states—Florida, Montana, North Dakota and Arkansas—were asked to cast their votes on medical marijuana initiatives, while voters in five others—California, Nevada, Arizona, Massachusetts and Maine—were asked whether adults 21 and older should be allowed to consume cannabis recreationally.

The results are in, and it was a watershed year for weed. California, Massachusetts, Nevada and Maine have approved recreational marijuana, while Florida, North Dakota, Arkansas and Montana have passed medical marijuana measures. Arizona voters rejected an adult use measure.

Going into election night, 25 states had comprehensive medical marijuana laws. That total is now 28. (Several other states allow for limited medicinal uses and Montana had a program in place before the vote.) Four states and D.C. had legalized adult use of pot. Colorado and Washington started the trend in 2012 and were followed by Oregon and Alaska two years later. After the election, nearly a quarter of the U.S. population lives in places where adult use is legal.

Last edited:

Kermitt

Can someone tell me when to go shopping in Massasuchetts and Maine? So far I have always read that the shops can open from 2018. But perhaps you can already buy in a pharmacy, also for recreational use?

Kermitt,
Reactions: BD9

TwistedGray

I think as with all recreational they are working out the licensing details. I doubt any state has that in the bag yet; however, you can always gift weed in your state.

For example, I can go and buy a half pound right from my dispensary and run around giving it away to anyone 21 years or older...a Santa Claus if you will.

Kermitt

I think as with all recreational they are working out the licensing details. I doubt any state has that in the bag yet; however, you can always gift weed in your state.

For example, I can go and buy a half pound right from my dispensary and run around giving it away to anyone 21 years or older...a Santa Claus if you will.
Ok, but I'm coming to Boston on vacation. I do not know anyone there who I could ask ;-)

Kermitt,
Reactions: BD9

MinnBobber

Santa, I've been a good cannabis ambassador so all I want for Xmas is a measly 1/2 oz of Blue Dream.....
and I'll leave my Herbalizer out for you on Xmas Eve so you can have a treat too.
Oh pleeease Santa :)

TwistedGray

Santa, I've been a good cannabis ambassador so all I want for Xmas is a measly 1/2 oz of Blue Dream.....

You're not in California I take it? I just got a few grams last week :)
i-X6LwnKp-XL.jpg

jim-bob

So how long until they gut Cali's medical program and make that an illegal amount to hold?
I think they're down to one ounce of flower or 4g of concentrate over in Prop64.

MinnBobber

You're not in California I take it? I just got a few grams last week :)
Nope, I'm in Minnesota but very jealous of CA---hope your passing legal helps it spread quickly....

It does make me rethink where to go for future "snowbird" locations. Retired and have gone to AZ for a short winter break a couple times but F#uck AZ as the big money bastards won out in their election :(

Just need good weather and pickleball....and herb. Starting to think about what CA areas have good winter weather, how far south of San Fran does good winter weather start?

Nice work CA voters!!!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Eventually I want to spend a couple months during the winter in Southern CA. We have a motor home and it's pretty good sized. It even has a washer / dryer. I would feel right at home there in the winter. I wouldn't have to worry about resources. I had thought I would need to stock up for that trip. It will be legal. Kinda spendy I will presume.

So far the most I've spent on a gram is $18. It wasn't any better than the $13 grams. It's whatever the grower decides to price his product. The grams have gone up $3 for what I buy since legal started from the regular medical dispensaries to the legal stores now.

The cannabis oil capsules for 100 mg THC is $25. It's gone up by $15-$20. Edibles aren't affordable for the patients. Medical patients can buy 3 ounces a month without having to pay the 9% sales tax. That adds up when you spend $200.

Last edited:
Top Bottom