Which pen vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbivore21

I have looked into the Dr. Dabber, Omicron, Ophos etc, they all seem so similar. So, wanted to find out from anyone that uses these, which is best? I do not want to use ejuice, at all. Does this limit the selection a lot? It would be mostly used with QWISO and maybe QWET, BHO is out of the question.

Also, I want this to be safe, no dodgy wicks, nichrome atomizers etc. As such, devices that can be relied on not to combust are a must. Affordability is a factor, my E-Nano is my daily driver for flowers and oils, I lost enough on my failed attempt at filling my requirement with a PNP, I just want something cheap, small, well constructed and discreet for on the go. So far the Dr. Dabber looks most promising, but I am sure I don't know half of what I need to about these kinds of units!

Cheers!

herbivore21,
Reactions: vakedcow

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I have zero complaint with my Dr. Dabber as it does exactly what it's supposed to, Ghost is very discrete, and the coil windings are Ti and recessed enough to not be messy.

I'm anxious to actually see either Dr. Dabber or similar device 'finally' come out with a nail/skillet type atty to say good bye to 'any' sort of wadding. THAT would be the cats ass in this market ;)

smokum,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
O-Phos, totaled to 52 dollars including 2-day shipping, It works well I don't think its too different from the Dabbler or any of the other popular models.

Ti KISS carts are amazing, I've been able to load it before work and have it last 9 hours and then some with me hitting it at least twice each hour. And that was before I realized you don't even have to heat it longer than 2 seconds.

paytonpenn,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'll share my philosophy with you on this. Get the lower-priced model of the higher quality brand, rather than the highest priced model of a middle-ish brand.

I am truly happier with the OPhos than I am with Dr Dabber. For the price, the components are way better - this is what you get for going with a premium brand, lower-end model. The fit & finish may be a little off, but the parts are top-notch.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Caligula

herbivore21

Oh that is an attractive price! however, does the ophos require e-liquid? Does it generate serious clouds? Can it be adapted to glass? Does it use titanium or nichrome atomizers?

Also, Caligula, since this'll be my first concentrates only vape, I am not sure. I have a very, stupidly high tolerance, so I guess as much as I can get, but I am given to understand that pen vapes tend to get much better battery life than flower vapes etc?

Last edited:
herbivore21,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
It doesn't require e-liquid, I've never used it and don't own anything that can use e-liquid such as the cart above. The Kiss Cart probably would be best to not use with eliquid.

No leakage.

herbivore21

Cheers so much man! Also, are there any particular atomizers/batteries that are best? Also, with the KISS carts, who prefers 3.7v and who 7.4v, can I rely on either in particular not to combust my QWISO/QWET concoctions?

Last edited:
herbivore21,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Unfortunately I can't answer that stuff, so hopefully someone with more knowledge in the field knows, if you are looking to get more attachments the O-Phos may not be your best option as it is pretty basic and simple. You may want a Omicron or Persei if you need more power or want to use the other attachments.

Here is the video, I am a bit under the weather so I could take immense dabs but I think you get the idea, that was definitely not the limit of its production.

paytonpenn,

herbivore21

Wow, that was quick! So basically a decent sized cork on a silicon whip tube will adapt with no worries? Which tube were you using there?

The Ophos is definitely looking right for me, and the price is most agreeable! Is there anywhere cheaper to get the TI Kiss cart 2.0 in bulk? Those are pricey! How long do you find the atomizers lasting, and can you reclaim from the chamber where you put your dabs?

I will not often be linking this with glass, but would be handy to be able to at a pinch :)

herbivore21,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
That was my MFLB WPW, the tubing that came with it, don't know specific sizes.

EDIT:
I soak mine in iso then clean the corner spots with cotton on a qtip. I'm only on my first, I would have bought more but they didn't have any extra O-Phos ones in stock. Also don't think we'll be able to get those bulk deals yet unless you talk to THC.

paytonpenn,

herbivore21

Well then, talking to THC sounds like it is on the cards, lol. Seems like an o brainer to do bulk buy discounts for atomizers anyway :D

I am set on the Ophos for sure now, just need to wait til THC fixes their shipping quote system for international. Right now, the website wants me to pay $100 in shipping to the inner city of a major capital city in Australia. WTFBBQ?!? Usually express postage costs me half that price for a bigger package. Lolz

herbivore21,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom