1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Dynavap for someone with asthma?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by westchop, Oct 5, 2018.

1. westchop

westchop Active Member

I’m going to get a Dynavap for my first vape. I’m also going to get DDave’s long water wand and a water piece. In case I’m able to tolerate vaping some times without water, I’m wondering if the vapor from an Omni XL is noticeably cooler than say an M with a ti tip and ti mouthpiece. And if so, is there enough difference to justify almost doubling the price? How about the long water wand used dry with just a tip and cap? Does anyone know how the vapor temp from that setup compares to the other 2 options?

Thanks for any help you can provide!:)

ps In case it matters, I'll be vaping high-cbd hemp flower. My asthma is well controlled on 1 puff a day of high-dose Advair and the only time I needed my rescue inhaler was recently when I tried smoking the flower in a bong.

Helios likes this.
  2. Ech0_

Ech0_ Active Member

I don't own a dyna vap so I can't comment on which one to get, however there is a technique called mouth to lung, where you use the dyna vap like a cigarette, pull vapor slowly into mouth, inhale when you've pulled in all you can, but making sure to inhale just enough to clear vapor, then repeat until your lungs are full etc, it is supposed to help alot with cooling the vapor sans a water piece.

I would message natural farmer on here and ask for link to his video that shows it, I tried searching the dynavap thread but wasn't having any luck finding it.

**Edit: Found video -
    Click to play YouTube Video

Additionally, alot of irritation can be caused by plant matter making its way into your lungs rather than vapor temp, you can purchase degummed hemp wick stuff, roll it into a disk and put it between the bowl's grate and air way so it stops anything coming through.

I have asthma and irritable lungs, when I mouth to lung on my Mighty I can take higher temps to start with for what its worth...

Squiby, hillbill and westchop like this.
  3. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks Ech0. That's really helpful. :) What a great video! I can't wait to try this technique and the hemp fiber too.

4. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks Ricardo. Yeah, I'm almost ready to order everything. I'll check out that bubbler. :)

The only reason I'd get the Omni is if the vapor is noticeably cooler than through the M or through the long water wand fitted with a Ti tip. This would be so I could try vaping dry to see if my lungs can tolerate it.

6. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Actually that's not the same one a few of us were raving about a while back, or the one I got, but they have loads of glass.
    I don't find the Omni necessarily less harsh than the M, I think what you put in it is more pertinent.
    Some good tips above from @Ech0_ re toking techniques....you'll figure it out :tup:

Alexis and westchop like this.
  7. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks for the info:) Do you have a link to the one you all were raving about?

8. westchop

westchop Active Member

Good news! I just placed my order for DDave's Complete VapCap Water Wands Kit with the Showerhead 14mm Water Pipe! What a great deal! I can't wait to try my first vape!

Thanks you guys for answering my questions and helping me figure out what to get. :)

VaporWare and Ricardo like this.
  9. KC2K

KC2K Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late to the show but I have asthma too and I have an M and a Ti Woody S. IMO the main issue with the M is the draw, it's like sucking an egg through a straw if the right technique isn't used (mouth breathing or using the carb hole). You can also file the tip to make it easier. The restricted draw occasionally kicks off my asthma. The woody or the omni maybe better due to ease of draw. There's a couple of really good ideas in the 'best of ' thread for VapCaps which covers the help filter, filing etc.

Hope that helps, my M and Woody are my every day runners, feel free to pm me if you have any other questions :)

westchop and Ricardo like this.
  10. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks KC2K, that's really good to know. Is your M a 2018?

11. KC2K

KC2K Well-Known Member

@westchop no I have the 2017 but there really isn't much difference in the functionality, as far as I'm aware it's more cosmetic difference between the body of the M's. Not used a 2018 cap or ss tip.

Like I said, I love my M. You just need to do mouth to lung which helps to cool the vape a little. If you prefer device to lung just leave the carb open at least 50%, this way often kicks my asthma off but I've never tried through a whip or a water tool. You can also file a few grooves in your as tip to help with air flow.

If you are going to using water you can buy a tip for your vc so it will fit a 14" adapter instead of buying a vong. I think the tip\cover for your mouthpiece is about a dollar/ £

westchop likes this.
  12. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks. I think my main use will be with M tip and cap on the water wand through the bong. The water wand has no carb and I was advised that that makes it work better through a bong.

Is the Ti Woody S an easier draw natively or just through water? What gives it an easier draw? Is it the Ti tip or is it something else? :)

13. KC2K

KC2K Well-Known Member

The Ti Woody is so much easier. It's all in the Ti tip. It has more grooves for air flow.

personally I love my M using a Ti tip, best of all worlds :)

As far as water tools are concerned, I am sadly lacking

westchop likes this.
  14. westchop

westchop Active Member

habitat-fc likes this.
  15. KC2K

KC2K Well-Known Member

Nice, heard a lot of good things about the Ddave set up but unfortunately I'm over the other side of the pond. I think you'll love it, it's a great bit of kit. It does take a little learning but that's what people are here for.

Check out 'The best of' dynavap thread if you haven't all ready. The actual dynavap thread is monstrous but some awesome people on it who will help.

Tbh i have the M, Woody and a Mighty. I'm finding it really hard to justify buying anymore vapes because the three i have cover all the bases....Damn you awesome vapes!!!! Ha ha

Welcome to the club :)

westchop likes this.
  16. westchop

westchop Active Member

Thanks for all your help. I'll check out that thread. I agree, lots of awesome people here. I was completely lost until I found this place. :)

KC2K likes this.
  17. KC2K

KC2K Well-Known Member

Yeah I was too. This place is great

westchop likes this.
  18. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Well-Known Member

I have DDave's set, which I was running on a M 2017, but I find the draw restriction to be too much.

In the meantime I also got a M2018, and the air flow is much better. I can see this setup working better with DDave's set.

One of the things I like about the VC's is the hot vapour. I'm asthmatic too, and the hot vapour has had me chocking before. This is considerably reduced when using water.

V4M

Alexis, Ricardo, KC2K and 1 other person like this.
  19. westchop

westchop Active Member

:) Thanks V4M, that's good to know. Do you ever feel a need for a larger bong to cool it even more?

Ricardo likes this.
  20. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Well-Known Member

It's a personal thing. Bigger water pipe and more percolation mean a cooler, smoother hit, but flavour is lost, and you need more lungs to clear the chamber... and I love flavour. For flavour hits, I heat the VC for a bit longer, but further away from the fire: By the time it clicks vapour will be wispy, but the flavours :razz: you can even use the glass without water, that alone with cool the vapour.

V4M

Ricardo likes this.
  21. westchop

westchop Active Member

Good info, thanks. I'll have to try those. :)

Ricardo likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors