Which Desktop Vape Under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
Hmm, is EpicVape.com the only place you can purchase the eNano?

If so, it's $200USD, after currency conversion, possibly tax, and shipping charges. I'm looking at $300CAD. Somewhat out of my budget right now. Hmm..

Yes, the Enano is a small business, just Andy and Nadia, so you can only order through EpicVape.com However, there's a 10% discount if you use the FCLove code.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Check out the Herbalaire (HA), imo.

It is made in Canada and can be had for around $150, these days.

Though it has never gotten any love in here, it is a great, simple design (like a thermos), is smallish in size and rugged as hell, with an over 10 year proven track record, and is the most versatile and reliable vape around. In fact, any problems/returns are almost non existent. It is such an under rated, powerhouse desktop unit, and the company customer service has been quite excellent.

It features precision temperature control, excellent heat retention, and can be used with bags, whip, direct, or inverted directly to your glass/water. It is ridiculously easy to use and doesn't even need grinding to give the most even and thorough extraction of actives out of any vapourizer on the market. It also features an unlimited 3 year warranty.

I like to think of my solo as my HA's little "brother".

Here's a vid of a good explanation of the HA:
I am in complete agreement with @nicelytoasted here about the HA. Great all around vape for whip, bags, or direct. I usually use it through water. To me it's 2 greatest features are it's efficiency and it's ability to roast full nugs directly without grinding. That might seem like a small thing but it is very convenient, and I think it improves flavor, but that could just be my perception.

The HA is a very good choice that gets a lot of love from it's owners, but seems to get less attention from others. It HAS been around for a long time so isn't "new", but is VERY reliable.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Same here I have had 3+ years with the extreme Q and only the glass bowl/elbow has broken on me.(user error)

NorVape

Vape Rictim
@Enchantre I was thinking the same. This seems like a solid vape!

I have an old second hand DBV, but I don't like how easy it is to blow the herb onto the heating rod, so I've basically never used it other than sometimes alone.

But I also want a Daisy or Lily... or a logvape. OH NO VAS IS BACK :freak::whoa:

hoptimum

I have an old second hand DBV, but I don't like how easy it is to blow the herb onto the heating rod, so I've basically never used it other than sometimes alone.

I've not tried this, but maybe someone else has: couldn't you simply replace the DBV GG heater cover/wand with the Standard setup from the Silver Surfer? It's a lot harder to blow back into that small hole.

hoptimum,
Reactions: NorVape

little maggie

Someone mentioned the Underdog which is similar but less well known than the Enano. I think either are great purchases. If money is an issue though check out the Underdogs. There are a few models that are under $150- I think because of the wood used. A great couple run it so you would have to buy from the company. If you don't like the draw on either log vape you can have a wood one made by Ed on this board.
I use either the solo or UD and have given away other vapes I've bought. Love them both. I just ordered a Lily though. It's very new so less well known than other vapes and uses butane.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Many great suggestions, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is efficiency. Log vapes - nano in particular - will save you lots of money in the long run. The EQ or DBV use at least 2x - 3x the material to get and keep you at the same level. Unless you have someone else buying your meds, or can grow all you want easily, the nano will save you the difference in price very quickly. I think for most users in less than a month. After that, you'll still be saving daily costs for years.

hoptimum

Many great suggestions, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is efficiency. Log vapes - nano in particular - will save you lots of money in the long run. The EQ or DBV use at least 2x - 3x the material to get and keep you at the same level. Unless you have someone else buying your meds, or can grow all you want easily, the nano will save you the difference in price very quickly. I think for most users in less than a month. After that, you'll still be saving daily costs for years.

I think it depends on tolerance. If you can get where you need to be on less than 0.10 grams, a log would be the most efficient. But if you need say 0.20-0.25 you'll need 2-3 log bowls, which is equivalent to 1/2 a stem on an ssv. So for a medium to heavy user, I think the difference in "efficiency" will be negligable.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I think it depends on tolerance. If you can get where you need to be on less than 0.10 grams, a log would be the most efficient. But if you need say 0.20-0.25 you'll need 2-3 log bowls, which is equivalent to 1/2 a stem on an ssv. So for a medium to heavy user, I think the difference in "efficiency" will be negligable.

Not sure about that, especially after first couple weeks. If you're used to using that much, it isn't too hard to cut back and bring your tolerance to lower levels. Also, nothing wrong with adding another load or two to get to same amount as your tolerance is used to.

For me, coming from EQ as daily driver for a couple years to nano for past couple, I noticed an instant drastic reduction in amount of material used to get and stay at the same buzz level. I'm definitely not as heavy of a user as I was 30 years ago, and probably not nearly as heavy of a user as many here. But, my wallet sure appreciated cutting consumption to much less than 1/2 as much.

For me, taste is also a consideration. Smaller nano loads are pretty much done when taste starts to fade, as compared to larger loads where taste still drops off after first couple hits and the other half of the load is effective, but not nearly as tasty.

max

Out to lunch
Keep in mind with simplicity you lack refined control. It's not hard to cook all the flavor away. Do you want a club or a scalpel?

I like having a temp readout so I know when to take a hit. It makes good experiences more repeatable.
Your draw speed is likely to vary (and thus the vaping temp) from one hit to another more than the difference between analog and digital temp control. The analog control for the e-nano works perfectly well for refined control IMO. It's far from a club, and with a much shorter vapor path, there's actually more flavor available at low temp.
Hmm, is EpicVape.com the only place you can purchase the eNano?
Yes. It's a limited production, one man shop.
I'm looking at $300CAD.
Someone else from Canada recently came up with a $240 total price. You DO get a 10% discount with the FCLOVE code, and FC members get a lifetime warranty. Don't count on a price drop, although you may get a break on price or accessories on a 420 sale.

Log vapes - nano in particular - will save you lots of money in the long run. The EQ or DBV use at least 2x - 3x the material to get and keep you at the same level.
Having used all these models extensively, I would highly disagree with your conclusion.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
420 sale.
Now you got me all excited!
B4NqSpkCIAA-U5z.jpg:large

B4xp6VPCUAEw_Z5.jpg

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
"Your draw speed is likely to vary (and thus the vaping temp) from one hit to another more than the difference between analog and digital temp control."

Sure draw speeds come into play, but what is your starting point? With vapes that have no brains your starting point is a question mark.

Last edited:
jojo monkey,

biohacker

Your draw speed is likely to vary (and thus the vaping temp) from one hit to another more than the difference between analog and digital temp control. The analog control for the e-nano works perfectly well for refined control IMO. It's far from a club, and with a much shorter vapor path, there's actually more flavor available at low temp.

Although the E-Nano control works really well, if you go up or down on the dial, you never really know where you stand. I don't mind due to my experience, but someone new to vaping could become quite frustrated and not have the intuition to draw harder/slower.

Yes. It's a limited production, one man shop.

I found this, and I think there was another e-commerce site based in the U.S. that also sold it.

http://vaped.ca/products/epic-vape-e-nano-vaporizer?variant=1040493389

Someone else from Canada recently came up with a $240 total price. You DO get a 10% discount with the FCLOVE code, and FC members get a lifetime warranty. Don't count on a price drop, although you may get a break on price or accessories on a 420 sale.

Or save 20% in a christmas sale, although it didn't happen this past xmas. Oh, and Massdrop.

Having used all these models extensively, I would highly disagree with your conclusion.

I had owned the Nano for the better part of a year. I received my new LSV about a week ago. I'm definitely going through more material. I haven't reached a conclusion on if I get just as medicated loading multiple Nano bowls. My tolerance is too low now to tell.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
...Having used all these models extensively, I would highly disagree with your conclusion.

I fully respect your disagreement. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially on such personal and subjective matters. However, I've also used the nano and EQ extensively (literally many more than 500 sessions each), and the DBV quite a bit. It may be that the nano causes me to do things differently and that leads to better conservation. It may be that I was taking larger, and more wasteful hits with the EQ, and still do with the DBV. It may even all be in my head and a total placebo effect. As I said (here or in the similar recent thread), I haven't done any truly scientific experiments to measure the amount of THC and actives from each and made a fair comparison. But I do know for certain that over the past two years I've been as stoned as often with the nano on less than half of what it took in the previous two years with the EQ. I'll be glad to try to get you an affidavit from the one person who isn't too happy about it - that dude I go see when it is time to re-up. :)

It isn't the perfect vaporizor, nor do I think such a thing exists. But, one thing I can say without a doubt is that any method (be it a vaporizor or anything else) that can halve the hassle and cost of what we in non MMJ states still deal with on a regular basis, is beyond amazing! The nano has done that for me and for others by their own reports. And, still produces plenty thick clouds that I haven't had much success with using other "stingy" vapes (MFLB and vapman in particular). Sure, I can produce a pretty thick cloud from an MFLB on a PA with some practice, concentration and effort. But, who's got time and patience to be huffing and puffing on a little wooden box?

The nano does it and does it very well for me with less material while providing excellent taste. Someday I hope to find a vape that does the things I like it about even better, and maybe my poor little nano will get a break from it's 7 day a week job. But until then, she'll be used every day and hopefully continue to run as strong and true as she has pretty much since that glorious day when she appeared in my mailbox. I strongly suggest anyone interested in the same things check one out. If these are things you want out of a vape, I think you'll be very happy. On the other hand, I can still see where some people might not have the same criteria and prefer something else. That's cool, too! Some people like chocolate, some like vanilla, some like strawberry. My favorite flavor is pretty much any top shelf strain through the nano!

.... I found this, and I think there was another e-commerce site based in the U.S. that also sold it.
http://vaped.ca/products/epic-vape-e-nano-vaporizer?variant=1040493389....
I had owned the Nano for the better part of a year. I received my new LSV about a week ago. I'm definitely going through more material. I haven't reached a conclusion on if I get just as medicated loading multiple Nano bowls. My tolerance is too low now to tell.

There is also a HS in northern Jersey that supposedly carries them. I still think most would be better off dealing with Epic. Andy can be a pain in the ass with communication sometimes, but seems as though the small 2 person (1 1/2?) operation is continuing to get better with things all the time.

Please do report on the LSV - especially in comparison to the nano. Dying to try one, but seem to just miss every time one comes up in the classifieds. Guess I should just grab one when they go on sale from 7th Floor, but if you haven't already figured it out from my extreme excitement about efficiency - I try to keep things as cheap as possible. Figure if I grab one used I can sell for the same price if I choose to get rid of it. :D

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Please do report on the LSV - especially in comparison to the nano. Dying to try one, but seem to just miss every time one comes up in the classifieds. Guess I should just grab one when they go on sale from 7th Floor, but if you haven't already figured it out from my extreme excitement about efficiency - I try to keep things as cheap as possible. Figure if I grab one used I can sell for the same price if I choose to get rid of it. :D

A blemished one is only $140, :evil:

I think the reason the e-nano helps me conserve is it slows me down considerably. I can fly through material with the SSV because the draw is so wide open, it milks my mobuis clear in 3-4 seconds.

As far as extraction ability goes, I'd say they are fairly close, with the nano having a slight edge with conduction heat vs the SSV uses more convection. I find the SSV tastes better because of this.

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
"Your draw speed is likely to vary (and thus the vaping temp) from one hit to another more than the difference between analog and digital temp control."

Sure draw speeds come into play, but what is your starting point? With vapes that have no brains your starting point is a question mark.
Digital doesn't mean accurate. I guess you missed all the cheap box vapes sold on eBay, where the number on display had no relationship to the real vaping temp. My point was that for temp setting purposes, analog is often just as useful as digital, in some cases better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom