Which Canadian Licensed Producer are you with, and are you happy?

Which Canadian Licensed Producer are you with, and do you like them?

• Total voters

bkpnsux

Hello everyone,

It's that time of the year again where my license is coming up for renewal, and I'm looking for info from my fellow Canadian FCer's on which LP they are with, and their experiences.

If you have a minute, I'd appreciate your vote on your LP as well as a reply on if you're happy with quality, availability, pricing, service and anything else you have to say about them.

As for my feedback, my last license was with Aurora, Medreleaf and Tilray.

I purchased only a small amount from Tilray and it was decent, however because of the pricing I purchased most of my supply from Medreleaf and Aurora.

I was very happy with Medreleaf for a while, however their availability began to suck and I distinctly got the impression they are more concerned about obtaining new clients rather than making sure existing clients have access to the medicine they need. There were two distinct strains that worked well for me there. One was offered for a short time and then discontinued (Contenti was their name for the strain, I *think* the strain was "Big Blue" but if anyone happens to know for certain, I would love to know!). The other strain was Luminarium (DeLa Haze). I was told several times by various customer service reps and supervisors that they would ALWAYS carry Luminarium, however this just never happened. Bye bye, good riddance.
Quality was always decent, but I have had a few bad batches with small, seemingly undeveloped buds that looked like they were rushed to market. Bye bye, good riddance.

Aurora - Aurora was great at the start, however their product availability dropped right off the cliff. No high THC strains for what seemed like ages. They seem to be getting things in order now, and they offer the best compassionate care pricing I have been able to find so far. And their product has always been very good. I highly recommend having at least part of your prescription with Aurora.

I'm currently looking at resigning with Aurora and a new provider callled Emblem.

I'd love to hear feedback from my fellow Canadian FCer's on which provider(s) they like, and why they like them.

Thanks!

Elbuort19

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking at resigning with Aurora and a new provider callled Emblem.

I've been thinking about giving Emblem a shot. Aurora for me is as you described. I wasn't with them long before their THC went in the dirt. I felt bad too because I signed a couple Vet buds and they were pissed because the product was shit! I stopped ordering for awhile but my buddies kept on because its a pain to transfer your VAC script so they were rewarded with myclobutanil weed. Thanks for the poison! Where's the torches & pitchforks?

Medreleaf sucks! Their weed is barely a step above Bedrocan's horse piss except they had some decent THC #'s @ 3x the price. Luminarium is ok because its one of their few strains that doesn't taste like all of their others. If you're into taste Medreleaf & Bedrocan should not be on your list. I measure all of my dosages and the weird thing is I get more medicated from other LP's cannabis that has a lower THC % than the 30ish % that Medreleaf used to produce.

What's up with pricing and low THC percentages? If a strain was always coming in a little over 20% and now its at 10% why does it cost the same? If you press rosin you're getting half the product for the same price. Why isn't the price half too?

Hobbess

Relaxed

I`m with Hydropothecary and I got my first order about 2 weeks ago.

Their customer service is first rate with 24 hour phone service and an online ordering system.

Deliver is with Fedex and is next day where I live.

The trimming of their bud is good, very well dried and comes in glass bottles.

They advertise 19 strains and all were in stock when I made my first order, I ordered 5g and 10g of each strain.

They give away capsules and a capsule machine to go with their decarbed bud. I like capsules a lot more than cooking bud and I ordered an Ardent Nova to make my own decarbed bud from their cheaper strains - High THC decarbed is $15g and they have strains for $7.25 per gram to $8.00 a gram.

They have a signature line of 4 strains, I only find the bedtime strain potent enough for me. The description of the bedtime strain and Grizzly is the same and they seem to have the same effect, one for $15 a gram and the other for $8.00 a gram. These two stains are great for getting to sleep.

They have a tincture coming out soon.

I have only two things that I`m not happy about, one is the strength of their most potent strains. I have high tolerance and few strains will cut through and get me high.

The second is getting capsules. I put an order in for 300 and later sent them an email but it`s been 3 days and I haven`t heard back from them yet, I`ll have to call.

All in all a good experience.

https://thehydropothecary.com/

Last edited:

bkpnsux

I've been thinking about giving Emblem a shot. Aurora for me is as you described. I wasn't with them long before their THC went in the dirt. I felt bad too because I signed a couple Vet buds and they were pissed because the product was shit! I stopped ordering for awhile but my buddies kept on because its a pain to transfer your VAC script so they were rewarded with myclobutanil weed. Thanks for the poison! Where's the torches & pitchforks?

Medreleaf sucks! Their weed is barely a step above Bedrocan's horse piss except they had some decent THC #'s @ 3x the price. Luminarium is ok because its one of their few strains that doesn't taste like all of their others. If you're into taste Medreleaf & Bedrocan should not be on your list. I measure all of my dosages and the weird thing is I get more medicated from other LP's cannabis that has a lower THC % than the 30ish % that Medreleaf used to produce.

What's up with pricing and low THC percentages? If a strain was always coming in a little over 20% and now its at 10% why does it cost the same? If you press rosin you're getting half the product for the same price. Why isn't the price half too?

I agree Medreleaf sucks. They had some good crops in the past, but I'm convince greed has taken over and they're more about the number of clients they have rather than the number of happy clients.

I think (*hope) Aurora will be back on their game soon with some good high thc strains. I agree with what your saying in regards to pricing and I think Aurora is better than most for pricing, at least for their compassionate care pricing. Not many places (I can't think of any others) where you can get good high THC bud for under $6 CDN a gram shipped (10gs +).

I have my first order placed with Emblem and will report back when received. I ordered some of their "Lift" strain (24.17% THC) and my favorite strain, De La Haze at 19.65% THC.

bkpnsux

I`m with Hydropothecary and I got my first order about 2 weeks ago.

All in all a good experience.

https://thehydropothecary.com/

Thanks for your reply! I took a quick look at thehydropothecary.com and have a couple questions perhaps you could answer for me please.

Do they list the actual strains you are receiving or other label them a time of day strains?
Do they offer compassionate care pricing and are there shipping charges on top of their strain prices?

Hobbess

Relaxed

Re: Hydropothecary

Each labeled strain seems unique except for Grizzly ($8.00) and Bed Time ($15.00), which are the same strain.

The only compassion pricing I have heard about is that AccessCannabis told me that the signature strains were on sale for $10 each, down from $15, for members. They have two milled strains for $7.25 (Sativa) and $7.75 (Indica) as their best price. Decarbed strains are expensive, $15 for a high THC strain, we can buy an Ardent Nova and Decarb our own bud for $7.25.

They have 4 bear strains that are only seen when you sign in to their site, each is $8.00 plus HST (15% sales tax in my province). Black Bear, Grizzly, Panda and Polar Bear 3.

I`ve picked my strains from their stock - Grizzly for sleep, Bitter Mellon to chill out, Polar bear 3 when I want to be active. A lot of the other strains seem to have the same mild effects.

Shipping is included in all orders, but they do charge sales tax.

Last edited:

bkpnsux

Really interested to hear how your Emblem order goes.

It shipped today, with some luck it will be here tomorrow. I will post pics of the product when it arrives however I'm sick as a dog with flu so I'm on a involuntary T-break until my chest clears up a bit :(

bkpnsux,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been pretty happy with Broken Coast. Very nice product and reasonable price on most. Shipping by Purolator offered (free) for orders over $250 and Xpress Post for $150 and over.

Canna Farms I've only ordered the Girl Scout Cookies and it was pretty good. Not as nice as the Broken Coast strains. I haven't been impressed by what I've seen since on the Canna Farms site and have thus not ordered since from them. (to be honest I've just stopped looking)

bkpnsux

I've been pretty happy with Broken Coast. Very nice product and reasonable price on most. Shipping by Purolator offered (free) for orders over $250 and Xpress Post for $150 and over.

Canna Farms I've only ordered the Girl Scout Cookies and it was pretty good. Not as nice as the Broken Coast strains. I haven't been impressed by what I've seen since on the Canna Farms site and have thus not ordered since from them. (to be honest I've just stopped looking)

I've read a few reviews that said Broken Coast was pretty good. I don't think they're taking new patients currently though..?

bkpnsux,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've read a few reviews that said Broken Coast was pretty good. I don't think they're taking new patients currently though..?
They weren't when I signed up either ... but a week or two after signing up, I received an e-mail saying they had openings/room.

JCat,

poonman

@bkpnsux
I've been with Emblem for the past 6 weeks .
Awesome flavor on all the strains I've tried , so far .
Didn't get a chance to try their GSC before they were oos .
Or their high CBD strains , but will give a try soon .

Emblem doesn't appear to Irradiate their weed , at all .
Irradiation KILLS the terps !!!
Which in turn ruin my enjoyment of the flower , regardless
of the THC levels .

Liv at $ 12/g was very nice and will revisit later on .
But I found DeLa Haze at $ 9 /g was just as good and TASTY .
Nice buds , various sizes , THC levels reflects the potency .

$ 8 / g
Strawberry Cough and Exodus Cheese .
Smaller size buds (maybe not fully matured ? )
Lower THC levels ,
But it's my go to right now , for the flavor .
I can mix it with some $ 9 / g strains and come up
with a new concoction taste .

With exception to their prices , I'm happy so far .
Let us know how your experience went ...

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was signed up by the Dr and had no choice, so i am with CanniMed...

I have not and will not order from them ever!
They classify Sativa and Indica as the same thing and mill them together to achieve their THC%.

For me these strains do different things to me. I tend to stick mainly to Indica since it helps me more than any Sativa does. Sativa's make me jittery feeling while Indica's calm me down.

Pictures of their product that i have seen online is atrocious, sticks and stems with bits of bud.
Personally i do not want to buy milled bud, i want to see what i am vaping first!

Have to wait 3 months in order to sign up with a new place...

bkpnsux

@bkpnsux
I've been with Emblem for the past 6 weeks .
Awesome flavor on all the strains I've tried , so far .
Didn't get a chance to try their GSC before they were oos .
Or their high CBD strains , but will give a try soon .

Emblem doesn't appear to Irradiate their weed , at all .
Irradiation KILLS the terps !!!
Which in turn ruin my enjoyment of the flower , regardless
of the THC levels .

Liv at $ 12/g was very nice and will revisit later on .
But I found DeLa Haze at $ 9 /g was just as good and TASTY .
Nice buds , various sizes , THC levels reflects the potency .

$ 8 / g
Strawberry Cough and Exodus Cheese .
Smaller size buds (maybe not fully matured ? )
Lower THC levels ,
But it's my go to right now , for the flavor .
I can mix it with some $ 9 / g strains and come up
with a new concoction taste .

With exception to their prices , I'm happy so far .
Let us know how your experience went ...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm excited to receive my first order from Emblem. Dela Haze is one of my favorite strains, by far one of the tastiest I've tried (from Medreleaf). It's crazy when if you roll it in a joint after taking a hit you have a strong mango taste on your lips, and it vapes wonderfully.

I agree with no irradiation. I order a batch of Lumi from Medreleaf once and it was not nearly as taste as non-irradiated.

In the 6 weeks you've been with them, have you noticed if they've ran out of stock frequently on strains or do they typically have the same strains in stock constantly other than the GSC?

I really hope as they get more popular they don't go the way of Medreleaf with running out of stock constantly. Hopefully they don't bring in more clients than they can handle.

bkpnsux,
Reactions: poonman

bkpnsux

I was signed up by the Dr and had no choice, so i am with CanniMed...

I have not and will not order from them ever!
They classify Sativa and Indica as the same thing and mill them together to achieve their THC%.

For me these strains do different things to me. I tend to stick mainly to Indica since it helps me more than any Sativa does. Sativa's make me jittery feeling while Indica's calm me down.

Pictures of their product that i have seen online is atrocious, sticks and stems with bits of bud.
Personally i do not want to buy milled bud, i want to see what i am vaping first!

Have to wait 3 months in order to sign up with a new place...

Mixing indica and sativa strains should be up to the patient for each individual's personal needs! That's terrible that they do that! Indicas and Sativas have inherently different affects on everyone!

You should consider changing doctors. Would you mind PMing me your doctor's name so I know to avoid him in the future? I also have a couple doctors I can recommend (in PM) if you wanted to change.

Hobbess

Relaxed

I ran out of capsules for decabed bud and Hydropothecary is sending me 300 for free, after a call to customer service.

It`s their policy to only send capsules when decarbed bud is ordered, but they took care of me with the first call. I offered to pay for shipping and the capsules but they sent them at their expense.

Great customer service.

bkpnsux

As promised, here are some pics and info from my Emblem order. I am VERY impressed so far, however this is my first order.. Hopefully they can keep things going as they get more popular and increase their client base.

I had to call when I first signed up and spoke with Connor at Emblem and he was terrific. Very helpful in getting my membership set up correctly. A++ for customer service so far!

My package came today (next day shipping!!!!) and I was quite surprised by the size of the package. Emblem sent me a few additional goodies, include some beeswax lip balm (wife already stole it) and a Stash Logix lockable storage bag. Very cool and sure beats the cheapo grinder or "plastic preparation card" other providers have sent in the past.

54cdd38fb8.jpg

54ce2f1f38.jpg

54cdf6c409.jpg

Now on to the good stuff... :)

The buds are nice size, well trimmed, no sticks or stems and smell good (from what I can tell, I have a terrible cold.. But wife says they smell good).

54d9f24e9d.jpg

54d9d0bfbd.jpg

54da12e3cd.jpg

54da32c1a6.jpg

54da667e25.jpg

54da82f4d8.jpg

Beautiful frosty tight buds.. I don't expect them to be anything other than fantastic and I can't wait for my cold to pass so I can try them out and report back.

Customer service A++
Company thoughtfulness (free gift) A++
Product appearance and fragrance A+ (probably A++ but I have a bad cold so taking my wife's word for it that they smell great)
Potency and terps profile when vaped TBD

As it stands now, I would highly recommend Emblem!

54ce174a58.jpg

bkpnsux

Ok so just to update this thread.. My first order with Emblem was great, everything since has been disappointment.

What works best for me is a high THC sativa, and for the longest time they didn't have anything over 20% thc, and now they're going to irradiate all their product (or not tell patients which are irradiated and which are not, so I'm looking for a new provider.

I'm currently with Tweed (expensive and I haven't been impressed with their strains), Emblem (started out great and I thought I had a winner only to fizzle out of product availability and no choice but irradiation) and Aurora. Thank God for my Aurora membership!

What providers are you happy with, and do they have 20%+ non-irradiated sativa strains available?

Thanks!

bkpnsux,

Genki88

No complaints with Broken Coast, best lp for me so far. Amazing customer service, amazing buds both sativa and indica. Tweed has seem to go downhill other than their cbd oils which sell out within a couple hours of being released. A lots of strains are being cold pasturized by tweed nowadays as well for some reason.

Genki88,

John Coaltrain

MedReleaf and Peace Naturals. Haven't placed an order yet – waiting for my city's first legal cannabis store to open in 8 days. I'll see what they've got before I order from my LPs.

Genki88

Hopefully (but i doubt it) the prices wont be all jacked up like OCS.ca. Don't know how these prices are suppose to curb the black market, if anything it has given the black market a boost.

johnnyCanuck

Hello everyone,

It's that time of the year again where my license is coming up for renewal, and I'm looking for info from my fellow Canadian FCer's on which LP they are with, and their experiences.

If you have a minute, I'd appreciate your vote on your LP as well as a reply on if you're happy with quality, availability, pricing, service and anything else you have to say about them.

As for my feedback, my last license was with Aurora, Medreleaf and Tilray.

I purchased only a small amount from Tilray and it was decent, however because of the pricing I purchased most of my supply from Medreleaf and Aurora.

I was very happy with Medreleaf for a while, however their availability began to suck and I distinctly got the impression they are more concerned about obtaining new clients rather than making sure existing clients have access to the medicine they need. There were two distinct strains that worked well for me there. One was offered for a short time and then discontinued (Contenti was their name for the strain, I *think* the strain was "Big Blue" but if anyone happens to know for certain, I would love to know!). The other strain was Luminarium (DeLa Haze). I was told several times by various customer service reps and supervisors that they would ALWAYS carry Luminarium, however this just never happened. Bye bye, good riddance.
Quality was always decent, but I have had a few bad batches with small, seemingly undeveloped buds that looked like they were rushed to market. Bye bye, good riddance.

Aurora - Aurora was great at the start, however their product availability dropped right off the cliff. No high THC strains for what seemed like ages. They seem to be getting things in order now, and they offer the best compassionate care pricing I have been able to find so far. And their product has always been very good. I highly recommend having at least part of your prescription with Aurora.

I'd love to hear feedback from my fellow Canadian FCer's on which provider(s) they like, and why they like them.

Thanks!
Just curious. Emblem has an agreement with Aphria to purchase 175,000kg over a 5 year period. Is this supply destined for medical and/or rec sales? What is they’re production capacity outside of this 175k agreement?

Edit: I guess what I’m asking is, by going with Emblem, are you getting mostly Aphria product?

johnnyCanuck,

John Coaltrain

Hopefully (but i doubt it) the prices wont be all jacked up like OCS.ca. Don't know how these prices are suppose to curb the black market, if anything it has given the black market a boost.

Prices have been falling gradually since legalization took effect. I think it's a general rule in capital enterprise that more competition typically results in lower prices. I can see no good reason to suppose that opening the market to this privatization - admittedly limited for now – will result in anything but a continual lowering of prices as a direct result of this increase in competition.

Ironically, while this effect seems like a good thing to the consumer, if prices fall past a certain point, this could force 'craft' growers out of the market. It could reach a point at which it will no longer be feasible for these smaller independent growers to continue to produce. Many of these craft growers will likely be bought out by the big producers, and the quality will fall as costs are cut in a bid to maximize profit where formerly the goal was maximization of quality.

One possible outcome is that while many patients feel they've freed themselves from 'Big Pharma,' they will in effect be simply switching to 'Big Cannabis' – and all of the cost-cutting and quality diminishing and spirit crushing that that invariably entails. It could mean the 'Walmartification' of cannabis.

One might eventually have to choose between the lesser of two evils: between the sometime sketchiness of the black market, and the gentrification of the legal market.

That's definitely not a good thing.

Last edited:
John Coaltrain,
Top Bottom