When you get sick?

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Just shootin' the shit, realized I have been coming down with a cold or something. The sandpaper-esque throat, chest/nasal congestion and all. I've been doing my usual, get lots of rest, lots of fluids and all. Popped into my head, thought it would be interesting to see if anyone had some "interesting" cures they use when they get colds or get sick in general?

The_Other_Shoe,

Yukon Cornelius

This free Eucalyptus sample I got from Vapeworld claims to help alleviate cold symptoms when vaporized, so that may be right up your alley.

Though, I haven't tried it for myself...

Yukon Cornelius,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Damn vaporizers can apparently do anything :ko:. Thanks for that heads up, does anyone else have any strange remedies?

The_Other_Shoe,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
If it's Pig Flu a classic sign is speedy recovery (5-7 days adults even faster in children) so it's not all bad news :p

Happycamper,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I think the sore throat and stuff is related to combusting over the weekend because I don't have a portable option and I was at Lovefest. As for actually being sick, I think it was mainly lack of sleep, that usually is the reason for me. As for the Swine Flu, highly doubtful, because that has actual symptoms, I just have a little congestion and sore throat. I was around/know people who got the swine flu over the summer, it was pretty intense shit, they also were running really high fevers, which I currently don't have so it's all good.

The_Other_Shoe,

vape4health

I eat some honey when my throat is getting sore ,seams to help out with that dry scratchy feeling.

vape4health,

Purple-Days

Echinacea... sp? Works good, IMO. Must be used at the start, not later in the episode.

Bee Pollen (tablets... yes, real damn bee's pollen) is also a great perk you up in the worst of times.

:2c: :cool:

Purple-Days,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
The_Other_Shoe said:
I think the sore throat and stuff is related to combusting over the weekend because I don't have a portable option and I was at Lovefest. As for actually being sick, I think it was mainly lack of sleep, that usually is the reason for me. As for the Swine Flu, highly doubtful, because that has actual symptoms, I just have a little congestion and sore throat. I was around/know people who got the swine flu over the summer, it was pretty intense shit, they also were running really high fevers, which I currently don't have so it's all good.
A sore throat is a sympton. It tends to be a light/scratchy sore throat. Some people get swine flu very mildly. Aparently if someone in your household has had it, you probably have had it as well and not even realised it.

Happycamper,

masejl12

I had the flu over the weekend, idk if it swine because the doc told me they only test for swine if your hospitalized. I only had the stomach part and severe body ache, I think lack a sleep got me sick, I found vaping help with the nausea, it may have prolonged the sickness a bit but it helped me forget I was sick for a little while. :lol:

masejl12,

max

Out to lunch
I've heard this in the past, and have done it the last couple of times I've felt a cold starting. Load up on a good quality vitamin C immeadiately. I mean like 4-5 grams in the first 4-5 hours. C doesn't stay in your system long, so if you're peeing (and you should also be drinking lots of water for a cold anyway), you'll need to keep reloading. I've kicked a cold in a day doing this. Really surprised me. Now if your immune system is in the dirt due to taking antibiotics for some other problem, or you just tend to abuse your body because you're young and feel like you're invincible, this probably won't work. I've been living a much healthier lifestyle for the past 10 yrs or so, and I can tell a big difference in how often I come down with a cold (rarely) and how long it lasts. A good immune system is your best defense against all kinds of disease, including the big C. A big part of that is keeping your body pH on the alkaline side by eating alkaline forming foods. And some foods that you'd think of as acid (citric fruits) are actually alkaline forming. An acid body terrain is a magnet for disease.

max,

t00fatt

I take my condensed vapor from my vapes, cook it up with coconut oil then put it some large tablets. Same recipe over at cannabis.com but with condensed vapor instead. I take one and it makes you feel good as new. No more sore throat, no aches and pains, only thing it doesn't cure is a stuffy/runny nose. Take 2 or more and be ready for the strongest stone you've ever felt. I love them, and make them every few months and save them specifically for when I'm sick. They also worked great after I had shoulder surgery and was in pain for 2 months, worked just as good as the opiates I was given, minus the opiates....
meds.jpg

t00fatt,

max

Out to lunch
I'll take a 500 ct. bottle of those, please. Do you take Blue Cross? :drool:

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
damn bee's pollen
as in Amsterdamn? yeah, imported bees probably work best.

i don't get sick any more. after 61 years i have come to realize all illness is caused by stress. when i detect symptoms, i trace it back to the stressor, and once i acknowledge the cause, the symptoms clear up.

all medicine is placebo, imho.

Hippie Dickie,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
That's a lot of pills t00fat. By the way what is your method for getting all that condensed vapor, seems like a well thought out plan of attack :).

The_Other_Shoe,

t00fatt

Nothing special, with my herbalire I would just clean the pieces over and over in the same iso until it was nice and dark, then would pour it into a dish and let it evaporate. Do that enough times and you will have a lot in not much time at all. I would then cook it with the coconut oil in the same dish so I wouldn't waste any condensed vapor. The stuff is great for smoking too, very similar to honey oil. I plan to do the same with my PD when I get in the next couple of weeks, shouldn't be much longer now :brow:
IMG_0102.jpg

t00fatt,

Plotinus

'iso' means isopropyl alcohol, right? it just evaporates on its own? how long do you wait?

Plotinus,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Thanks for all the advise I'll be sure to start making some of those caplets you have soon enough. :D

The_Other_Shoe,

t00fatt

Plotinus said:
'iso' means isopropyl alcohol, right? it just evaporates on its own? how long do you wait?
Yep, everclear I think would be better. But in florida you can only get that on base, and I hate bothering my brother in law for it. I like to let it continue drying several days after all the liquid is gone. I found that there are a few nasty chemicals in there that take a bit longer to evaporate than the alcohol. If you were to taste it right after the liquid evaporated there would be a nasty bitter aftertaste, several days later there is no aftertaste what so every. Which makes me think there is still stuff from the iso in there after the alcohol is gone. It also could be because I leave it covered, but not sealed, so it takes longer to evaporate as well. But do know iso has some nasty stuff in it, but I'm pretty sure it is all volatile. If your concerned use everclear or any high proof liquor.

t00fatt,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
t00fatt said:
Plotinus said:
Yep, everclear I think would be better. But in florida you can only get that on base, and I hate bothering my brother in law for it. I like to let it continue drying several days after all the liquid is gone. I found that there are a few nasty chemicals in there that take a bit longer to evaporate than the alcohol. If you were to taste it right after the liquid evaporated there would be a nasty bitter aftertaste, several days later there is no aftertaste what so every. Which makes me think there is still stuff from the iso in there after the alcohol is gone. It also could be because I leave it covered, but not sealed, so it takes longer to evaporate as well. But do know iso has some nasty stuff in it, but I'm pretty sure it is all volatile. If your concerned use everclear or any high proof liquor.
I've been looking at getting some iso off ebay, and noticed that it comes in different %'s. From what i can gather the higher % (think you can get upto 99%) means less impurities and nasty stuff in it. Thats going on stuff i have read on the interweb, so it might be wrong.

Happycamper,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I used 99.7% iso happycamper.

When I clean my PD tubes, the stuff works in 30 seconds, it's absolutely amazing.

Find the good stuff :D

Chubba,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'll take a 500 ct. bottle of those, please. Do you take Blue Cross?
LMAO!! Ditto that!

I totally agree with the bee pollen and the Vit C when you feel things coming on. I'm a big believer in a lot of herbal remedies :D :D :D I have loads of remedies and my MD is into holistic stuff too!

Sore throat - take a licorice capsule (or powdered licorice) and throw a little powder in your mouth, take a swig of water, swish and swallow - repeat. It coats the throat and has a healing effect for sore throats. Many singers use licorice, honey and lemon for their throats. WARNING, licorice is not great for folks with high blood pressure...use very sparingly if you have high BP

If your in a pinch those packets Emergen-C are a quick way to get some C, Zinc, etc. I like the Immune Defense version (Ruby Red Flavor) for preventative maint if people around me start getting sick or going to be in a crowd of potentially germy people LOL! Did I mention I'm a little OCD??

I have friends that refer to me as a witch doctor with people asking me about herbal remedies, I'm SO not but I am a research queen. I think it freaks people out, I guess not everyone treats their kids ear infections with onion juice, garlic and olive oil - go figure!! Doctor approved so WTF!

Lo,

usr/share/vape

Chubba said:

When I clean my PD tubes, the stuff works in 30 seconds, it's absolutely amazing.

Add a bit of course salt (e.g. sea salt) and it'll work even more amazing! :D

usr/share/vape,

wthanna

usr/share/vape said:
Chubba said:

Add a bit of course salt (e.g. sea salt) and it'll work even more amazing! :D
ONLY USE SALT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THROW IT AWAY! ( A WASTE) YOU DON'T EVER WANT TO SMOKE/VAPE SALT!!!

wthanna,
Top Bottom