when weed is legal

thelfj

i assume many of you heard about the norml press conference thing where they gave the fake check for 14billion dollars to the treasury department as an expression of what the us gov't would get it they legalized and then taxed and regulated pot. if you havent: http://blog.norml.org/2009/04/15/update-from-normls-a-different-kind-of-tea-party-tax-day-protest/

anyway... with all of the publicity about pot helping the economy, ive started to believe that the question is no longer "do you think pot will be legalized?" but it is now "when do you think pot will be legalized?"

since I view pot's legalization as an inevitability, ive begun to think about what how it will be distributed...

One idea ive heard is that the tobacco companies may add a new product to their corporations.
another option would be that dispensaries will open up like those in caly that currently exist for medical marijuana.

what do you think the pot world will look like once it is legal in the US?

thelfj,

McNerdius

god of nerds
When weed is legal... How much will it really matter ? Regarding distribution, that is. I'm not optimistic about any changes in distribution methods that legality might bring.

I suppose it would be good to have legitimate dispensaries. But how can we know just how legitimate they are ? I mean, crap-ass fertilizing/pesticide practices, etc. I don't like buying, because there's no way to really know what happened to it before i bought it. This would never *really* change. That's like saying commercial tobacco products aren't fucked with in regards to extra chemicals, ya know ? Radioactive Fertilizer ring a bell ?

That brings us to the alternative route, a full-on commercialized product. The Commercial Joint... Oh god... how f*cking popular that would be. Big Brother makes our joints now. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. This obviously would not work. When vaping, only two things are needed. A Vape, and weed. Commercialized shit would be 70% crap, 30% weed. I guess (most) tobacco smokers are too stupid to figure this one out, but for some odd reason, i don't think any self-respecting vapist or even the old-school combusters would be stupid enough to buy this 30% processed-weed commercial big brother bullshit.

Am i missing something ? Those were the 2 options, right ? Selling weed commercially, or regulating it's sales to the point where profitability and competition force businesses into selling shitty watered down products at ridiculous prices that when compared to current costs of straight dope (no pun intended) we scratch our heads and wonder why we dont just....

GROW OUR OWN !!!

Now... if THAT is legal... well SHIT. How many of us would be buying anything from anybody if growing were legal ?

Sorry... I'm totally blazed. But i think i made some good points , eh ?

McNerdius,

dudewhodidstuff

McNerdius said:
When weed is legal... How much will it really matter ? Regarding distribution, that is. I'm not optimistic about any changes in distribution methods that legality might bring.

I suppose it would be good to have legitimate dispensaries. But how can we know just how legitimate they are ? I mean, crap-ass fertilizing/pesticide practices, etc. I don't like buying, because there's no way to really know what happened to it before i bought it. This would never *really* change. That's like saying commercial tobacco products aren't fucked with in regards to extra chemicals, ya know ? Radioactive Fertilizer ring a bell ?

That brings us to the alternative route, a full-on commercialized product. The Commercial Joint... Oh god... how f*cking popular that would be. Big Brother makes our joints now. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. This obviously would not work. When vaping, only two things are needed. A Vape, and weed. Commercialized shit would be 70% crap, 30% weed. I guess (most) tobacco smokers are too stupid to figure this one out, but for some odd reason, i don't think any self-respecting vapist or even the old-school combusters would be stupid enough to buy this 30% processed-weed commercial big brother bullshit.

Am i missing something ? Those were the 2 options, right ? Selling weed commercially, or regulating it's sales to the point where profitability and competition force businesses into selling shitty watered down products at ridiculous prices that when compared to current costs of straight dope (no pun intended) we scratch our heads and wonder why we dont just....

GROW OUR OWN !!!

Now... if THAT is legal... well SHIT. How many of us would be buying anything from anybody if growing were legal ?

Sorry... I'm totally blazed. But i think i made some good points , eh ?
Ever heard of the QAI? USDA organic approval? There are already companies in Cali doing independent organic inspection/evaluation on cannabis...Obviously some corporations could make pesticide infested crap, but I think it'd be pretty simple to tell those apart from the others...

dudewhodidstuff,

McNerdius

god of nerds
dudewhodidstuff said:
Ever heard of the QAI? USDA organic approval? There are already companies in Cali doing independent organic inspection/evaluation on cannabis...Obviously some corporations could make pesticide infested crap, but I think it'd be pretty simple to tell those apart from the others...
OK if I were to pick, i'd have to go with USDA organic for sure. But... picking between organic that you pay for, and home grown that you don't... I'd grow. It'll be interesting to see how legalization affects growing, and street pricing. That's all i meant to communicate in that rant, lol.

McNerdius,

grifter1

I'm debataing growing my own stuff now... if it was legal... I'd be setting up my grow rig right now :)

grifter1,

thepope

The way cigarette prices are going in some states, people will soon be growing their own,tobacco I persume.

thepope,

UncleHerb

Legalization is something I've wondered about for over 40 years. In the 60's, I wondered when it would happen. By the 80's, I figured it never would. It makes me happy to now think there is light at the end of the tunnel. Medical marijuana is now recognised for it's benefits and the days of denying people relief because of political nitwitery are fading fast. As far as distribution goes, if there is a way the Government can get it's fingers in it, they will. And you know they certainly will easily find the way. However, it could also open up a new industry where growers sold their crops just like farmers do.

UncleHerb,

Frickr

looked at norml.org today, and gov arnald wants to have a debate about legalization. 56% of voters poled are in favor of it so times are changing, i think this snowball is gaining momentum, even though its still at the top of the hill, its rolling!

heres the link
http://blog.norml.org/2009/05/05/722/

Frickr,

captainhits

Retailer
Frickr,
Tried to reply to your email but it was returned permanent failure.

captainhits,
Top Bottom