When Bud Won't Vape.............

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
I just wanted to ask FC what they do when your buds don't vape top a crispy brown AVP what can you do to make the bud vape more effeciently because the Crystals are here............

Currently I am using a CVault 56% for vaping but I wanted everyone to chime in.......

HippieHitman,

howie105

So have you tried drying out a few loads a bit more? That is quicker and easier then looking for possible user or device errors.

howie105,
Reactions: ander

HD Springer

I just wanted to ask FC what they do when your buds don't vape top a crispy brown AVP what can you do to make the bud vape more effeciently because the Crystals are here............

Currently I am using a CVault 56% for vaping but I wanted everyone to chime in.......

Which vaporizer do you use? What temps do you vape at? Could just need more heat or longer sessions to help coax you meds into giving up that vapor.

HD Springer,

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Which vaporizer do you use? What temps do you vape at? Could just need more heat or longer sessions to help coax you meds into giving up that vapor.
Wow arizer extreme, air, cfv are the ones ive tried this kush on, it seems even at temps above 420 it is not roasting till a brown avp its still kinda light/yellow..

HippieHitman,

ginolicious

Never had this issue with my Haze V3 or my Vapir Rise 2.0.

I store my weed in mason jars. How do you store yours?

ginolicious,

chris 71

are you not getting any vapor at all ?
i have notice that what i considered better flushed out product seems to stay a lighter color but still produces great vapor . some of what i would consider best product i have stays a very light color after vaping . it could be related to chlorophyll in the finished product more chlorphyll = darker brown after vaping i have some purple wreck from tweed farms . the buds are pretty much black in color and the abv from this stuff is like black . although it wouldnt have as much chlorophyll in it . i think possibly though in the case of green bud the greener it is the more chlorophyll and in the end darker ABV

Last edited:
chris 71,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Cannabis that isn't cured well is a problem if you are using a vaporizer. Someone suggested just leaving the bud out for a day or two, that's what I would do. I don't know if the Cvault is the best way to cure if it's too damp?

I noticed some cannabis gets darker than others when spent. Some weed will be spent and the ABV is still a medium brown - depends on the bud.

I am using smaller amounts so the small glass canning jars are perfect for storage. I'm not storing long term these days.

I have had old cannabis that no longer had any taste or medicine left like sitting in a baggy like the old days. I just toss it out. That doesn't happen very often.

Last edited:

ginolicious

Or you can dry it out in a mason jar opening your jar and shaking it around periodically to get fresh air in there. I use to do that after my harvests and worked well.

ginolicious,

ander

Curing is a process that could require months... it depends from the freshness of your herb (if this is the case...). But I think that you can put it in a jar without any worries about thc loss. If worried about mold, putting some absorbent paper inside the jar works well for me. I sometimes also use some glass jars internally lined with paper...

Last edited:
ander,

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Curing is a process that could require months... it depends from the freshness of your herb (if this is the case...). But I think that you can put it in a jar without any worries about thc loss. If worried about mold, putting some absorbent paper inside the jar works well for me. I sometimes also use some glass jars internally lined with paper...

The Bud is already cured its not fresh of the planet it just isnt vaping and over the years I never understood why some bud would never vape...

Sorry if I misunderstand but..Are you sayin' your keeping your bud at 56% humidity? If so that seems awfully damp/wet(for vaping) to me.

Cvault has a pack made for keeping bud in better condition for vaping look around this site for info.

HippieHitman,

Squiby

Are you sayin' your keeping your bud at 56% humidity? If so that seems awfully damp/wet(for vaping) to me.

I dry my bud down to a 65-60%rh. Then it cures in jars with a 62% bodeva pack. Bud cured this way is not damp at all. It is dry but not brittle and it retains a bit of bounce and springs back when squeezed. I remove nugs from the cured jars and vape them over several days, so they naturally dry out further. It vapes fine.

TeeJay1952

A bad or nonexistent flush will often make a batch of "No Burn".
Can't fix. Nutes are locked in and I can't think of a way to remove them.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: kellya86

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Water curing can help with badly flushed product, but will remove some of the flavour too. I'm doubtful this is the problem though. Some strains just vape darker than others. I generally find the more resinous strains end up darker in my evo.
I had some Kosher Kush a while ago which just looked almost like a straw colour when finished compared to some current Skywalker which ends up looking like coffee granules

Last edited:
Pyr0,

hillbill

Not out of the question that a plant can make wonderful looking and smelling flowers and not get you high. Some individual plants are not very potent. It does happen, and I would souspect that if results span several vapes.

hillbill,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Not out of the question that a plant can make wonderful looking and smelling flowers and not get you high. Some individual plants are not very potent. It does happen, and I would souspect that if results span several vapes.
I had the most beautiful Buds of "Medi-Bud"... a favorite strain of mine....
beautiful crystals and aroma was heavenly.
I vaped SSV wand after SSV wand, to no avail.
I filled the Plenty Chamber with 1.1 grams of the delightfully scented bud, and nothing!
It could be age... Bud that has been well stored, but for 5 years, may weaken in it's effects....
Perhaps my Medi-Bud was just too old (still looked and smelled great).
I did wind up cooking with it, and the resultant candies did medicate me, however the effects were mild and short lived.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The colour of the ABV at the end of a session doesn't really tell the whole story. I think taste, desired effects, and vapour production should be the key factors as to when the load is ready for the ABV container. I find that I have to experiment with the strain to find the "Sweet spot" in the temperature, draw method, grind, loading, etc. Once the flavour drops off and vapour production is also dropping off I'll dump the bowl. I find that my throat is less sore and I cough less if I don't crisp the weed until it looks like dark brown coffee.

I just got some OG Kush that is vaping really nicely in my Herbalizer at 390F with some super tasty clouds, yet tastes like ass at 430F. I get a really nice cerebral high with a bit of a body stone at this temp which is exactly what I'm looking for in this strain. In contrast to the OG kush I have some Bubba Kush and Green Crack that really thrive at 430F and is still remain super tasty and their effects are improved. They come out darker and the flavour degrades faster but the clouds are more dense/potent, which I'm more than fine with though the session is a bit shorter than I would like.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's sometimes not worth vaping every strain until it's totally dark IME.

kellya86

Herb gardener...

beautiful crystals

During the flowering process of cannabis, trichomes develop very early on, after a few weeks from flipping the switch.....
Yet these glandular heads are immature, and will remain so until the final few weeks...

So I could harvest some cannabis early, and although it would have it's fair share of 'crystals', it wouldn't be very psychoactive.....

With regards to judging your avb, there are many variables here, depends on the moisture content and how far through the cure it is....

I find uncured herb darkens quicker than 6 month cured herb...

But to the main point of the thread, if bud won't vape, stick it in a vapcap......
That thing extracts vapour from anything....

Top Bottom