What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

seki

It looks like Zippo's taking another stab at Butane jet flame lighters:

Inserts-CollectionHeader2019_5c54e7e6-0d88-4e13-9745-2450197cfd29.jpg

https://www.zippo.com/collections/zippo-lighter-inserts

Single flame inserts are $14.95usd and double flame inserts are $16.95usd.

They've got an Arc lighter too, but that's not relevant for our purposes here. As far as I can tell, they're compatible with regular Zippos and both single and dual flame models have a 0.9g fuel capacity according to the site. 2-year warranty.

I was really close to buying a Blu2 off of eBay last week, I'm glad I held off.

Planck

believes in Dog
It looks like Zippo's taking another stab at Butane jet flame lighters:

Inserts-CollectionHeader2019_5c54e7e6-0d88-4e13-9745-2450197cfd29.jpg

https://www.zippo.com/collections/zippo-lighter-inserts

Single flame inserts are $14.95usd and double flame inserts are $16.95usd.

They've got an Arc lighter too, but that's not relevant for our purposes here. As far as I can tell, they're compatible with regular Zippos and both single and dual flame models have a 0.9g fuel capacity according to the site. 2-year warranty.

I was really close to buying a Blu2 off of eBay last week, I'm glad I held off.

A friend had one of these Zippo inserts made by Blazer in Japan.
It worked well but the tank is tiny.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I agree that that is what always made Zippo stand out. However, the very basic nature (no valves or anything that really must wear out over time) of the traditional Zippo makes it much easier to give a lifetime warranty. There are Zippos around my house that I used for the whole 30 years I smoked cigs, and one that might have even been my Mother's. They stopped being used, however, when I gave up combusting joints.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Same here @cybrguy, I wore out a couple of flint wheels (used old Bic lighter flints that were too hard) that Zippo replaced for free.:tup: I had a friend that accidentally ran over his with a lawnmower that completely ruined it, Zippo replaced under warranty, no questions asked.:haw:
Zippo Blu are still available at places if someone wanted a lifetime warranty Zippo jet lighter.:myday:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I like the idea but the small tank size has always kept me away from Zippo inserts. Looking at the specs of these, I assumed the single flame would last longer than the double. Nope, they're both listed as 0.9g fuel capacity and both say "Provides up to 100, 0.5 second lights per fill using a 1" / 2.5 cm flame height".

I assume it's just copy/paste specs listed from Zippo? Wouldn't the single last longer than the double?

Still doubtful that I'll buy one, there are other lighters I need first. But then again, this one's pretty cool and sometimes when I get high, well, you know, sometimes I buy stuff.

Squiby

I appreciate @Squiby turning me on to them with all her preaching about them for so long.
Sorry if I was waxing on endlessly about them but the Aomai is my clear favourite single jet lighter. I love that it has a fuel window and that it's basically the size and shape of the Vapcap. They're cheap too! I have several and haven't had a fail yet.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sorry if I was waxing on endlessly about them but the Aomai is my clear favourite single jet lighter. I love that it has a fuel window and that it's basically the size and shape of the Vapcap. They're cheap too! I have several and haven't had a fail yet.

And they feel really great in the hands. It feels like a surgical scalpel.
Plus, mine has spoiled me in the sense that I hate holding the damn button down on my other lighters.

Next on my long list is a Blazer PB207. I've been wanting one for a long time.
AS the Aomai is mt favorite for Dynavap, I suspect the PB207 will probably be my favorite for my Sticky Bricks.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Sorry if I was waxing on endlessly about them but the Aomai is my clear favourite single jet lighter.

Squiby! please do wax on...... we hang on your every word. ;)

Thanks for the reminder, I have ordered twice and both orders got lost and refunded..many, many weeks after ordering, time for some more shopping.:tup:

Was that ebay, dhgate or aliexpress. Better luck with your order this time!

Plus, mine has spoiled me in the sense that I hate holding the damn button down on my other lighters

I know exactly what you mean. :nod:

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've been thinking about getting a nice home torch for awhile now. The Blazer Firefox caught my eye and gets great reviews. But various iterations of the Torch 400 also get great reviews at half the price of the Firefox. Any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks.

Moses Baca,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I've been thinking about getting a nice home torch for awhile now. The Blazer Firefox caught my eye and gets great reviews. But various iterations of the Torch 400 also get great reviews at half the price of the Firefox. Any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks.

My favorite torch is the Vertigo Serpent. It's a nice quality table lighter with a large tank and consistent flame.

LabPong

I have one that is almost 3 years old...and one that is about a year old.....no problems ever!

My fav single flame...and fav basic torch.......

6a_2b78489a-aa58-482b-8bbd-2455d4195538_1024x1024.jpg

Honest single.....I like it better than my expensive singles and doubles.......no need to spend $$$

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have one that is almost 3 years old...and one that is about a year old.....no problems ever!

My fav single flame...and fav basic torch.......

6a_2b78489a-aa58-482b-8bbd-2455d4195538_1024x1024.jpg

Honest single.....I like it better than my expensive singles and doubles.......no need to spend $$$

That's a great torch, and I have two that I like...but I mainly use them with my direct draw vapes, like my Hydrobrick Maxx. For my Dynavap vapes I prefer my Aiomi single-flame flint lighters.

I still want a Blazer PB207 though. I'm under the impression that it's the gold-standard for a single-flame torch.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I still want a Blazer PB207 though. I'm under the impression that it's the gold-standard for a single-flame torch.

I was under the same impression until I read some later reviews where people say the quality has slipped from what it was...

LesPlenty,

LabPong

That's a great torch, and I have two that I like...but I mainly use them with my direct draw vapes, like my Hydrobrick Maxx. For my Dynavap vapes I prefer my Aiomi single-flame flint lighters.

Couple reasons I like this basic Honest torch. It has the 45 degree angle of the head...that helps me a ton when spinning the vapcap and then having to put the torch down super fast and put the vapcap in my rig. So my hands are in the best position to heat the cap with little stress on holding the lighter. Easy to hold the button down.

2nd reason is because of the good amount of fuel it holds and that you can see that as the body is one big window.

I just wish it could be shaped better or something to make it stand up better without adding size to it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Couple reasons I like this basic Honest torch. It has the 45 degree angle of the head...that helps me a ton when spinning the vapcap and then having to put the torch down super fast and put the vapcap in my rig. So my hands are in the best position to heat the cap with little stress on holding the lighter. Easy to hold the button down.

2nd reason is because of the good amount of fuel it holds and that you can see that as the body is one big window.

I just wish it could be shaped better or something to make it stand up better without adding size to it.
Yeah, I only use induction heaters for my vapcaps but I swear by the Honest torch with my og Brick.

Top Bottom