What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anyone tried one of these;
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COHIBA-3-To...426&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219
e63ce556c66c4025.jpg

USB rechargeable? It says soft-touch ignition so maybe that is what it is for

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Squiby

Alexis

Hi @Alexis!
The Honest quad desk lighter requires two hands to operate and twirl a Vapcap. The ignition button must remain manually depressed to keep the flame. Alas, there is no locking feature. :(
Hey Squiby, okay thanks a lot for confriming that. I think shall have to give it a miss then but glad it works well for you.

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. My damned Woodscents had me misplace my cap, it does that the sly fox, lures me into (reluctantly) taking my shoes off each time, making it all too easy for them to slide out of sight under the bed lol!

So I used an unused one from a new unused 2018 M I which won and have always planned to throw in with my next vape sale.

Anyway, with this new (but old) cap, its a slightly looser fit, and it performs radically differently.

It has a more pronounced double click. It clicks in the same amount of time.

But...the cool down click takes forever. Like 3 times as long or more, heating exactly the same way as normal.
Usually it is virtually as I finish my inhale and clear that I hear the click on my old cap.

It has always matched my draw lenght almost perfectly, so that I am inhaling from click to click, vapor just dropping off as the click is imminent.

With the new cap, I am long finished my full exhalation and then often waiting some, for that cool down click. Its almost a minute or well over on some draws.

The hits are much bigger too. Several times on my 2nd hit I had to pull out urgently half way through, choking. Almost sure I had combusted but no.

Much faster and fuller extraction though, more consistently in less cycles. No need to heat aggressively and with precise aim to get those bigger hits.

Just wanted to report that anyway. Huge performance difference between the 2 caps, way more than I ever expected. The cap is a bit looser. It clearly builds more heat by the click, but to a greater degree- it maintains the heat at more of a steady, constant level for much longer.

My older cap would lose that heat rapidly towards the end of a draw, struggling to keep up with my inhalation, which literally sucks the heat out of the cap.

This new cap- well there just is no sucking the heat out of this thing, not even if your name is Dyson!

Im wondering if there is substantially less conduction taking place between the cap and the tip due to a looser fit, less heat transference to the Ti and the load, and simultaneously a greater element of convection?

It makes some sense at least, but Im sure there are some other factors too. The clicker itself will be different.

So that was my discovery which Im sure many of you have already made long ago.
Changing the cap can result in substsntial performance differences. :nod:

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
It does seem to indicate an easy press ignition mechanism, maybe linked to the usb feature.

It would possibly be a nice quiet starter with no loud click.

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Could be, I am making it up.
Haha, great idea if you made it up! Quick, get to the Patent office.:tup:

It would possibly be a nice quiet starter with no loud click.
That was what I was thinking...I like the bright yellow too as I always 'misplace' things (stoner for WTF did I do with that lighter again):haw:
More color options that look nice;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/cohi...id=517785559013335044#s1-0-1;searl|2494464525
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_53

rBVaSlvX1bOALxLsAAcbLRLDdnU370.jpg

Last edited:

JEMSKU

Are there any single flame torches out there with a broader flame?

I have seen the blazer wide flame torch, but it's prohibitively expensive, especially in Canada.

Confession time, I actually want it for my vapor genie!

Jeeshy

Are there any single flame torches out there with a broader flame?

I have seen the blazer wide flame torch, but it's prohibitively expensive, especially in Canada.

Confession time, I actually want it for my vapor genie!
If you're talking the blazer big buddy, I just grabbed one for dabbs and it is WAY overkill for a vap cap IMO, The flame on it's lowest setting is like the whole length of a vapcap lol. I absolutely love the torch but I don't use it with vapcaps.

Here's a few impressions of other lighters and torches I've been rocking.

-Iroda pt-200 butane torch pretty bad for dabs but great for butane vapes because it's long thin precise flame. Fits in my backpack easy for mobile nectar collector dabbs and dynavap hits. Holds way more butane than a small lighter so it's super handy but slightly larger than pocket size. Safety lock thing takes 2 hands to start torch but hands free once going, Could be annoying to some.

-Iroda Turbo lite - Good small jet lighter but only holds enough fuel for about a day of use for me, Lighter gets very hot on the button and other plastic areas after alot of use, Not my favorite but a solid quality backup. $10

-Metal Clipper Jet lighter - Definite MVP single flame lighter! It holds about the same amount of butane as the iroda but never gets uncomfortably hot to hold on the button or anywhere else, Looks awesome and has a 2 year warranty as well.

Vertigo by lotus cyclone - Great for windy days and vapcap noobs. I don't like using it anymore but it's absolutely worth having. Seems like a great lighter but single flame is my shit now. Fuel lasts about as long as smaller lighters thanks to the 3 jets.

I think I am finally happy with my lineup :) Lighter acquisition syndrome is slightly less brutal than VAS but it's still a motherfucker

Last edited:

proceeds_the_weedian

A big lighter day! I've had a breakthrough of sorts with my xikar tech single. After getting it back in april and testing it out as my at home vapcap buddy the most expensive lighter in my stable kept letting me down.
Even at the highest setting of the wheel the flame was bushy and unfocused. This lighter is supposed to be a legit competitor to the Blazer PB-207:doh:

Enter professor Ken from Xikar U

After screwing around with the internal adjustment and setting it just a smidge higher the flame is sharper and higher for what should prove a thorough and precise,yet expedient afternoon cappin'.

Oh,and the Vertigo Concorde that dynavap carries is :nod:. Both lined up with the flames and going across works well. The finish on my black one got scrathes after spending a day in my work pants(which have been known to contain some sand) with the stash. I kind of like the scratched up look so no biggie. Might have gotten the gunmetal, had I known:shrug:

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Have there been any high end single flame torch lighters here yet? I know the Citadel looks cool. But I'm not a fan of those made in China lighters though. For my pipe I use an I.M Corona. Love their heft and feel, but the one I have is a regular flame, not a torch.

For a torch I use the Honest Sticky Brick lighter but I'd like something BIFL, premium type of single flame torch

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Have there been any high end single flame torch lighters here yet? I know the Citadel looks cool. But I'm not a fan of those made in China lighters though. For my pipe I use an I.M Corona. Love their heft and feel, but the one I have is a regular flame, not a torch.

For a torch I use the Honest Sticky Brick lighter but I'd like something BIFL, premium type of single flame torch

The PB-207 is has a reputation for being exactly that.
I've been promising myself that I will eventually splurge on one for a year or two. I just need to pull the trigger already and get it over with.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
The PB-207 is has a reputation for being exactly that.
I've been promising myself that I will eventually splurge on one for a year or two. I just need to pull the trigger already and get it over with.

Yeah you do need to get one. :brow:
FWIW, I've used the bigger Foxfire for a couple of years, very happy with it for an at home heater. Blazer makes great torches!

Dan B

I really like the Vertigo Cyclone. I have a theory why it heats the bowl so evenly. Thinking about the convection part of heating, the herb at the top of the bowl will be heated more by the hot air than the herb at the bottom. Aiming the triangular jets so that 2 are inline heating the bottom and 1 heating the top means that with the conduction part, more heat transfers to the bottom of the bowl than the top. So the 2 parts complement each other.

I've been using the Cyclone like this for nearly a year with Newport butane and haven't had a problem. Very noob friendly.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I really like the Vertigo Cyclone. I have a theory why it heats the bowl so evenly. Thinking about the convection part of heating, the herb at the top of the bowl will be heated more by the hot air than the herb at the bottom. Aiming the triangular jets so that 2 are inline heating the bottom and 1 heating the top means that with the conduction part, more heat transfers to the bottom of the bowl than the top. So the 2 parts complement each other.

I've been using the Cyclone like this for nearly a year with Newport butane and haven't had a problem. Very noob friendly.
My Honest torch (the one that is sold to sticky brick users) recently broke and I had the Vertigo Cyclone but only used it in windy conditions before. Now I use it at home and I agree

But my favorite is actually an alcohol burner lighter like George has in one of his videos on YT

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Tell me more about your technique with the alcohol burner and what you enjoy about using it? :)

I think I might have to give it a shot. :nod:

I like it because anecdotally speaking, I've been using it lately with my VapCap when my tolerance is higher (ie need more than a couple heat cycles to get medicated), and perhaps the flame is of a lower temp but when I heat it up and use my water piece, I get tons of vapor, and 7 heat cycles later I would check the bowl and it's the same color as after the first heat cycle off a single flame torch, meaning golden green. And I got just as high/higher the past 2 days when I've used it

So maybe there's something to lower temps after all?

and it's simply a Gerber (just using it as a known brand name) baby food type of little glass jar!

You punch a small hole in the lid (I just used a couple tools on my Swiss Army Knife), then get a $1.30 alcohol burner wick at Walmart and feedd it through, fill it with a bit of iso/rubbing alcohol (doesn't need much, just enough to soak the wick and have some in reserve at the bottom), shake it around, light it, ta da!

first time the wick may have to burn for a while, because I lit mine and right away I got soot on my cap, which is not supposed to happen with alcohol burners. After letting it burn off a bit one more, no more soot!

https://imgur.com/V3ooYF2 Here you can see it next to my VapCap. Possible to adjust the width and height by playing with the wick and scissors

Technique is just like using a jet flame torch with a VapCap (heating is depending on how you trim your wick it. can be a wide flame ala triple flame, or narrow flame like a single flame torch, and adjust your technique to that). But if I want to finish a bowl quicker I just dip it lower in the flame. If I want to take it slower, hover it right at the tip of the flame

whole thing, along with the iso alcohol, costs less than $5 in total (NonaVong XLS, table, my toking friends and other accessories not included)

Last edited:

Nilsson

I have one of these. USB is for ignition, you have to charge it every few weeks. That means, there must be something like a battery in it, right? this lighter doesnt produce a button-click, but ignites several times when starting the lighter (i am not sure if „ignite“ is the correct translation, the lighter produces 5-6 sparks every time using it). It also has no window to control how much gas is in it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that these lighters are available from alibaba for around 3 USD. I bought mine from amazon germany for 15,- Euro.

Ricardo

Hi. I used only lighters for 6 weeks this summer. At first I loved the slimline Aomais, for their precision and style. However...... the lighter can get slippery to hold in hot, humid conditions and the flints gave out on both units - I suspect they may be fakes.
On the other hand, the Jobons totally rock :rockon:. Just make sure you have plenty of fuel to hand :)

xsteve420

Ive been using single flame angle eagle and its been pretty good the only issue I have with it is the button is really hard to press.

xsteve420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
and the flints gave out
They are a consumable item, you can pull a flint from an empty Bic lighter to get you out of trouble but I would replace with quality ones like Zippo make, they are softer than Bic flints and run out quicker but being softer they do not wear down your flint wheel which can cause lighting problems due to so little spark being made by your now smoothe flint wheel, 30 years+ of Zippo ownership and use teaches a trick of 2.:2c:

Top Bottom