What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Ricardo

Thanks for recommendations/links guys.
I'm guessing your draw back to lighters is from you missing the ritual that everyone talks about. I can definitely understand that. There is sort of an art form almost to the ritual of heating the thing with the flame at just the right angle at just the right amount of time Etc and pulling an excellent Vape off the device from your skill. It's like tying a bow tie for a tuxedo... Sure, there's easier ways to do it or tricks for getting it done, but far more bragging rights and cool points for being able to do it yourself old school. Lol
In part yes. But I prefer the "cooking with gas" analogy - you cook some dishes (strains) gently, others a quick toss on a searing pan...... or you cook it up different every day. With IH (like a vitroceramic hob, or a Thermomix) you get consistent results every time. Great. Always the same though. With flame you have more creativity. I'm not claiming to understand the vaporización temperatures of different herbs and the perfect angle of heating nonsense - I'm just saying that intuition and curiosity pay off with Vapcaps + lighters. Zen. :leaf: (joking, but not really).

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Thanks for recommendations/links guys.

In part yes. But I prefer the "cooking with gas" analogy - you cook some dishes (strains) gently, others a quick toss on a searing pan...... or you cook it up different every day. With IH (like a vitroceramic hob, or a Thermomix) you get consistent results every time. Great. Always the same though. With flame you have more creativity. I'm not claiming to understand the vaporización temperatures of different herbs and the perfect angle of heating nonsense - I'm just saying that intuition and curiosity pay off with Vapcaps + lighters. Zen. :leaf: (joking, but not really).

Yeah, I feel ya on that. Excellent point!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
That flintwheel Aomai is calling to me. :cool:

Do it , do it

image.jpg

My Aomai was defective upon reception but after opening up , accidentally breaking/replacing fuel line and cleaning jet with compressed air , it works every spin !

I scored the awesome Zippo Blu for cheap , took awhile but did receive it and it works ! Lifetime warranty baby ! Loll

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
My IH heats more evenly, my torches seem hotter. I vary the time I heat with my IH similar to how I vary my heat with my torches. They're different but similar. I like both.

That flintwheel Aomai is calling to me. :cool:

In the half a day that I've had my Aomai, now, it is my single favorite lighter! A tie for second place would be between my dual Flame eagle and my original imco Triplex 6700 from Austria. Not the Chinese remakes since the company sold but the originals that were made and stamped in Austria.

Ricardo

Okaaay.... I've just ordered a couple of the little Aomais :tup: (single flame).
Now I want double & triple (in line). I've had a few from Cigar stores but with soft flames - not great.
Agree that the Vertigo is not great quality (- spill ISO on it and it cracks open!!!) but I like the flame.
P. S. Not gonna spend $65 on a torch . Already have the SJK IH. Thanks.
EDIT : Also ordered 2 of the Jobon triple jets as recommended. End of story (for now at least) :tup:

Last edited:

proceeds_the_weedian

Just had two of my singles go dead on me in the last ten days:doh: Leaving me with one torch(a zplus that has served me quite well)! Last summer I was stuck out in the country with only a soft flame clipper for a week.
Worked,but never again if I can help it. The "sooty cap"- look is a bit too heroin chic for my taste.
So,after reading through most of this thread I ended up ordering a xikar tech and a metal clipper jet.
High hopes for them both,but especially the xikar:nod: I might need a few of those aomais,though...

Squiby

Ricardo

After a couple years, I'm still loving my Aomai lighters. They are tiny, so the tank is small but I find them reliable and fit in with the size of a Vapcap. I have about half a dozen in rotation and fill them all up together when needed.
How tiny, @Squiby? I don't suppose they fit in the Dynastash?

Ricardo

Ooooh, that is tantalising but super scary :razz:... I feel like I can do that but I haven't got the tools! I've broken so much good gear going for the final tweak :science::evil:

buckhakeesah

Yo be careful with those Aomai single flame flint lighters. My hand lit up in fire yesterday trying to get the darn thing to work after multiple attempts. I really like them when they work but the fireball hand instance made me worried about continued use with them. I've fallen in love with my newly acquired jobon.

Squiby

Impressive @Squiby. Are you a serious prepper? You certainly appear to be close to self-sufficient :nod:
No, not really, but I stay prepared out of necessity and convenience. I live in a rural location, up on a mountain. Our electrical service can be intermittent and there are times in the winter when we can get snowed in for awhile or isolated after an ice storm. So my household is set up to be as independent as reasonably possible, I can cook and heat my house without electricity. I put by enough dehydrated food to last me a very long time and I can distill the water from the small lake 50 ft from my door without electricity. This set up makes living comfortable.

This is one of the reasons that I love my Vapcaps so much. They will always work given a source of heat. I love my @Pipes IH but I always have a good supply of lighters and butane around.

But if TS seriously HTF I doubt that I would be well prepared for several scenerios. But I have food, water and plenty of bud and you all would be welcome to head for the hills and wait out the crisis with me. :)

Yo be careful with those Aomai single flame flint lighters. My hand lit up in fire yesterday trying to get the darn thing to work after multiple attempts. I really like them when they work but the fireball hand instance made me worried about continued use with them
I think this type of complaint was why Dynavap discontinued offering them for sale. How old is yours? I ask because I wonder if a small percentage are inherently flawed or do they deteriorate with time. Mine are still performing flawlessly after a couple of years. I'm not sure if I've just been lucky or not.

buckhakeesah

Well it was my red one that i acquired some time last year. Its practically brand new. Been sitting for months since i topped it with butane and finally got around to using it this week

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've had my Aomi for somewhere between 1-1.5 years, and it's still performing flawlessly.
I ran out of flint and replaced that a few weeks ago...but that is just normal maintenance for a lighter that uses a flint.

Top Bottom