What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I was looking at those single flame Aomai... I only have a triple torch atm, and would like a single torch as well. While looking, I also found this... has anyone tried? Honest BC520
I have the two flame version and I like it so much I... I'm going to order it. (This is only day one) they have them on fastech for under 5 and the two flame (bc450) for 7.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have the two flame version and I like it so much I... I'm going to order it. (This is only day one) they have them on fastech for under 5 and the two flame (bc450) for 7.

I'm waiting on delivery of the single torch from fasttech now. Never use torches anymore but figure it can't be bad to have it laying around. Also got one of those slim, single flame Aomai that everyone uses with the flint wheel.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm waiting on delivery of the single torch from fasttech now. Never use torches anymore but figure it can't be bad to have it laying around. Also got one of those slim, single flame Aomai that everyone uses with the flint wheel.
I have a hand full of torches and am a bit of an attic when it comes to collecting them!

My aomai is clutch when you want thorough heating, I'm sure you may have read that it just doesn't hold a lot of butane...other single flames I have sometimes get 'bushy' flame over time...not so with the aomai.

I had a double flame with a flintwheel, the flint went out a week after I purchased it and in the process of changing it the pin that held the wheel in place fell out, never to be seen again...

When the time to buy another torch comes...get a double flame...I'm sure you will enjoy it!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a hand full of torches and am a bit of an attic when it comes to collecting them!

My aomai is clutch when you want thorough heating, I'm sure you may have read that it just doesn't hold a lot of butane...other single flames I have sometimes get 'bushy' flame over time...not so with the aomai.

I had a double flame with a flintwheel, the flint went out a week after I purchased it and in the process of changing it the pin that held the wheel in place fell out, never to be seen again...

When the time to buy another torch comes...get a double flame...I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Same as you!
My AOMAI was cheap as sand in the Ocean, however old but work’s well?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Same as you!
My AOMAI was cheap as sand in the Ocean, however old but work’s well?
Cheap and reliable! A steal for a few dollars on fasttech, still a decent deal for the $10 I paid for it on amazon...the flint is still good after all this time too and only recently found out they are replaceable.

I'm pleased you put links to your IG, and YT channel. I was able to follow you in seconds.
I'm looking into the lighter.
I let this purchase push me towards buying three more torches...including a blue duplicate of the one I posted earlier...so more lighter reports coming for sure :rockon:

31uqhVnp1kL._SX425_.jpg

Looks like it has a fairly large tank and I'm digging the kickstand for heat

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Cheap and reliable! A steal for a few dollars on fasttech, still a decent deal for the $10 I paid for it on amazon...the flint is still good after all this time too and only recently found out they are replaceable.

I let this purchase push me towards buying three more torches...including a blue duplicate of the one I posted earlier...so more lighter reports coming for sure :rockon:

31uqhVnp1kL._SX425_.jpg

Looks like it has a fairly large tank and I'm digging the kickstand for heat
I don’t need a new one really!
But hey bling is why.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I don’t need a new one really!
But hey bling is why.
Lol same reason I just grabbed a Zippo Blu earlier today ! Just for bling. I recently got this on sale for $20CAD and a AomI last week , lol.. friend I gave vapcap to wasn't using it and gave it back , I figured , well maybe if I have more bling to go with it I'll bring it out more , preload it for quick power puffs .

Quite sure Zippo will keep honouring warranty , flint can be changed at home like other zippos . Seen a vid on how to light it successfully each try and how to clean jets, we'll see I guess .

That torch with the stand is pretty far out @WakeAndVape .
CAn you post your YouTube channel or is it in your signature or under your profile? Don't see signatures on cellphone... I'll go check just thinking out loud or in text...

Edit : forgot you can flip screen and see signatures ! :doh:Cool will go check out your channel later

Last edited:

Squonk

This is one table-top lighter that I've considered before. I like that you don't have to hold the button down:

https://amzn.to/2UD5N2V

51W3T8D2ZLL._SX522_.jpg

I have this one and love it. I adjust the flame at a very low setting and it's perfect for my vapcaps. It's a little expensive but well constructed(excellent quality), very stable on a surface and the flame is easily adjusted. Once lighted it's handsfree. :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have this one and love it. I adjust the flame at a very low setting and it's perfect for my vapcaps. It's a little expensive but well constructed(excellent quality), very stable on a surface and the flame is easily adjusted. Once lighted it's handsfree. :)

It costs more than I’ve spent on other torches. However, it’s not that expensive when I you go look at all the torches out there that cost hundreds of dollars.

I may pick one of these up eventually.

ElPic

Take my money
Has anyone by chance had any experience with the metal clipper jet flame lighter? I dig clippers in general and I am leaning towards one for my first Dynavap lighter, They are pretty cheap and I can grab one on my walk home and not have to bother with the internet :)
Metal Clipper jet flame lighter work real good for the price, but their plastic clipper jet flame lighter are real bad for vapcap, by the time it “clic” the lighter smell burn plastic.
The metal one comes with a 2 year warranty, for 15$.....
1555109884-faca173c-de2c-4e5e-9bc2-bff6e0ac3f1a.jpeg

Also big difference in the flame quality
1555110734-5e28d956-0013-4bc6-b7c2-2c79ba918130.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeeshy

Metal Clipper jet flame lighter work real good for the price, but their plastic clipper jet flame lighter are real bad for vapcap, by the time it “clic” the lighter smell burn plastic.
The metal one comes with a 2 year warranty, for 15$.....
1555109884-faca173c-de2c-4e5e-9bc2-bff6e0ac3f1a.jpeg

Also big difference in the flame quality
1555110734-5e28d956-0013-4bc6-b7c2-2c79ba918130.jpeg
Wow awesome thank you for this!

I actually bought a plastic one and I agree with you it's slow to get to the click and hurts my thumb to hold for that long. I was going to write off the metal one based on the plastics performance, But thanks to you I may still have to give it a shot! it's so perfect to fit into a small case with my M.

I grabbed a tripple flame cigar lighter from a local smoke shop and I'm happy I did as it's far more comfortable.

snaffle

I'm in the market for a new lighter, as I've found myself using my vapcap out and about more, while walking around town, and I could do with something stealthier than my current one.

3 or 4 flame, as I use it while walking around outside, between groups of people, so fast heatup is important. Small tank is fine, as smaller size is more important than more tank. Black or dark colored, for minor extra stealth points. Price is not particularly important to me, fortunately, but build quality is. I was thinking maybe of the Vertigo Excalibur 3 flame torch, or ideally something like the Vertigo Bullet, but that's only 2 flames, but size wise it looks ideal.

Well, ideal ideal would be something that's flint lit, like the Aomai, but I've only seen single flame versions of them. Any suggestions?

Also, noise is a factor which I presume is largely unavoidable, but if there's any way to get things quieter, that'd be great. I remember the super fancy lighter dynavap stocked had a different kind of flame that was much quieter, but I presume that was only about the same power as a single flame torch, so wouldn't be great for using while wandering about (correct me if I'm wrong).

Jeeshy

I'm kinda new to refilling butane jet lighters.... I've probably refilled my new triple flame lighter 30 times, Almost every single time I forget to turn the flame down to minimum first..... :doh:

How bad of a habbit is this? thankfully both my lighters seem to be working fine, But I worry I am fucking them up :(

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Anybody with a Aomai whom had issues with the switch or tank pressure/butane being released when activating the switch. ? It's like butane was leaking out of somewhere when filling up .it lit a few times , burped and now seems Butane not being released from tube to to torch ? Still butane in tank . Maybe I got a lemon and should order another from other seller? Neat lighter .

Ramahs

I'm kinda new to refilling butane jet lighters.... I've probably refilled my new triple flame lighter 30 times, Almost every single time I forget to turn the flame down to minimum first..... :doh:

How bad of a habbit is this? thankfully both my lighters seem to be working fine, But I worry I am fucking them up :(

I almost never do this.

Ramahs

^ I suspect that the instruction we are discussing is more to prevent the manufacturer from being liable from some idiot burning themselves from a surprising large flame on the first light after a refill, than it is to protect the lighter.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
QUOTE="bossman, post: 1361453, member: 35599"]Get a Flux Deluxe - or I guess there's a plug in version if you prefer.

I opted for the 15mm coil with my FD and it goes through a full Omni in three dense hits compared to five or six on my Jarhead. It's evident how much hotter it is and I really have to stop at the click. On the Jarhead I go two seconds past the click on the first hit. I'll have a new M in a few weeks and I'm curious how it will perform on the Fluxer.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for my "Cauldron" table top plugin IH to arrive. For any who don't know, @Pipes from here on FC makes them for $75 USD. and the "Portside Mini" (a rechargeable, for on the go, for $105 USD.)
Can't wait to retire my torches (a dual flame Blue Rhino with 1 soft, and 1 jet flame . Flint wheel light for soft and after lit, push button for jet. The other is a dual jet flame Eagle.) for at home use. :)

Ricardo

Hi guys. I've been 90% IH for a while now but I'm feeling drawn back to lighters. I'm thinking of ordering a box of those 3-in-line Vertigo lighters from DHgate or Ali Express but then I remembered this thread. So before I pull the trigger and begging your pardon for not reading through the whole thread - have you reached a verdict upon which you are all agreed?
Basically I'm looking for the best of the cheapest :D... leave a few lying around the place :tup:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Hi guys. I've been 90% IH for a while now but I'm feeling drawn back to lighters. I'm thinking of ordering a box of those 3-in-line Vertigo lighters from DHgate or Ali Express but then I remembered this thread. So before I pull the trigger and begging your pardon for not reading through the whole thread - have you reached a verdict upon which you are all agreed?
Basically I'm looking for the best of the cheapest :D... leave a few lying around the place :tup:

Not quite sure about your three in line, because I haven't owned any yet. But dollar-for-dollar, I would definitely recommend an Eagle dual flame jet torch and/or my new favorite go-to, an Aomai single Flame Flint wheel ignited jet with locking on-off button. For $8 All In, it arrived 4 days earlier than predicted and has not missed a light yet!

You also mentioned induction heaters. I just received my "Cauldron" from @Pipes and freaking LOVING it! After using it for just the afternoon since it arrived, I can't see using a jet at home anymore unless the power went out or something. LOL

The dynavap line of portable Vapes should all at least have the option to include an induction heater! Night and Day difference from the flame. I have a pretty steady hand and the consistency of the induction heater is far better than I can achieve by hand myself. Also much easier to find your particular most comfortable vaping Style With a new Vapcap, imho.
Happy Vaping

*edit* I'm guessing your draw back to lighters is from your missing the "ritual" that everyone talks about. I can definitely understand that. There IS sort of an art form to the ritual of heating the thing with the right height flame at just the right angle at just the right amount of time Etc and pulling an excellent Vape off the device from your skill. It's like tying a bow tie for a tuxedo... Sure, there's easier ways to do it or tricks for getting it done,like clip-ons, but far more bragging rights and cool points for being able to do it yourself old school. "Man Card": EARNED! lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom