What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Mr. Me2

It's a repurposed stand from an old vape. It works but just barely.
I've been thinking about talking to Ratchet at Delta 3D Studios about a better stand.
This lighter has changed my combustion rate. The only time I combust now is when I have my head up my butt. Doc
I'm sure @Ratchett can make a great stand. Good call on that!

Hey @Squiby - I wonder how this one would compare to your desktop torch.

Squiby

Hey @Squiby - I wonder how this one would compare to your desktop torch.

Well, I just might have to treat myself to one and compare the two.

The Vector looks like you hold it in one hand as you rest the VC in the groove and twirl. Perfect while sitting on a recliner.

The Honest desktop sits on a flat surface as you rest the VC on the lid and twirl. Perfect while sitting at a table.

Dynalowrider

The Vector looks like you hold it in one hand as you rest the VC in the groove and twirl. Perfect while sitting on a recliner.
You just described it perfectly. I'm looking forward to the phattpiggie body with a groove on. He said he would try for a thread to move the cap back and forth in the flame.
On my drawing board is a rig to hold the Pyramid on the table, and be able to light the torch and spin the cap with one hand. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Doc

Mr. Me2

You just described it perfectly. I'm looking forward to the phattpiggie body with a groove on. He said he would try for a thread to move the cap back and forth in the flame.
On my drawing board is a rig to hold the Pyramid on the table, and be able to light the torch and spin the cap with one hand. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Doc
Maybe @phattpiggie can make a stand to compliment your custom stem. He would likely need a Pyramid so he could create a perfect bored (is that the right spelling?) hole. You could work with him on ideal thickness. For me, I think a rough, natural outer shape would be awesome. But you may prefer something more symmetrical. He could even add a holder for the vapcap when not in use (with or without a magnet).

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Mr. Me2 to quote a new found friend, how did it go @RastaVapa 'It was only meant to be a hobby' :lol:

@Dynalowrider I've not forgotten you and when I get a chance I'll get some thing mocked up out of pine and see how it works.
The Pyramid is a torch I looked at ages ago because of the notch in the body. It's been part of the inspiration for the wind shield on my Hong Jing.
My new torch works a treat but I've been looking into a shield for it.

Mr Me2 you know stands are going to be something I take a serious look at, from the pretty but simple to the all singing and dancing on board everything.

blackstone

Might be the wrong place to ask this, but,
Can you heat these caps from an engine's exhaust pipe, near the heads. I suppose you might need to rev and vibrate too hard or won't hear the clicks?!
or can you heat them using a Volcano?
Or did anyone have success operating them from burning sticks or coal?
I've heard of the solar heating, that's cool.

blackstone,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Dynalowrider

Back in the day, I used to make cheese sandwiches, wrap them in tin foil, when snowmobiling. When I got hungry I would put them on the exhaust pipe. Run for a mile, turn them over for another mile. Toasted cheese sandwiches.
You could clamp a capped tube on the muffler, open on the top. Just drop in for a mile or two. Hot VapCap.:tup: Doc

Squiby

delWvpa.jpg

Could 2017 be the year of matching stems and lighter bases from @phattpiggie ??????

:love:. :love:. :love:. :love:. :love:. :love:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Good choice @grokit. Cheap, simple & highly effective. I own three but just managed to kill two of them performing unneeded surgery on them. The only real issue I have is they are a PITA to adjust compared to "big bottom" torches but are cheap enough to replace easily. Waiting on a couple of these to land but I am hoping for the same kind of performance with easy flow adjustment.

5883700-3.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I received the quad torch lighter from Dynavap just before xmas.

It performs in conjunction with the Vapcap as well as my massively overdoing it dabbing torch did - namely really short heat up times, but without the noise or butane guzzling from the massive dabbing torch :)

Success!

Last edited:

antiksink

Rouge Warrior
Do you guys feel it's absolutely necessary to have a fuel window on the lighter?

I'm patiently waiting for my Dynavap order and am searching around for a torch.
I like the design of this one, looks sturdy, has decent reviews but has no fuel window.
I might give it a try for $15.

Pocket Rocket Triple Flame

61-pD785y-L._SX522_.jpg

CalyxSmokr

getting better with my og vapcap and need to fill the first time.
so I need to get all the way to empty and then I bleed out any remainder before filling up?
seems like you don't top these torch lighters when they get halfway down, correct?

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom