1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Mr. Me2, Dec 10, 2016.

1. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

@Used2use ordered 'em. Thanks for the tip and the extra clarification.

2. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing the Vertigo Stealth Antique triple flame. Runs @ $25 at lighterusa. Seems like it would be pretty high quality but at the same time IDK if I want to be the guinea pig.
    One thing that really irritates me is how it doesn't say if it's a V-pattern or inline. Literally the only way to find out is to order it and see for myself. The Photochopped image of the flames does no good, they use that same CG image for all triple flame lighters on that site, whether it's inline or not.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Helios and bossman like this.
  3. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

This pic should answer your question:
    (I prefer in-line, but they are harder to find)
    [​IMG]

almost there and mccringleberry like this.
  4. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

@mccringleberry be the guinea pig! I'll be the person who waits to hear the verdict. =P

5. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Is there a zippo style jet torch with site-mounted button?
    DuPont has some but I’m not fancy enough to spend that money..

analytika likes this.
  6. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

What do you mean with "site-mounted button"?

These are inserts of recommanded brands

Helios likes this.
  7. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Zippo=the shape
    Side-mount= Button on side of the lighter instead of right next to the nozzle

*sorry for the typo

analytika, LesPlenty and Hogni like this.
  8. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

I prefer the Zippo style torches, I have been using a $10 double from a cigar shop 5 months now no issues, however I am interested in the Single Action Triple offered by vertigo seems easy to adjust the fuel and has a clear window through its jacket to see how much fuel is in tank. Has anyone tried using a flat flame torch?

9. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

How should this construction fit into the Zippo sleeve?

10. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

I wouldn’t recommend that one, the flint comes out like a little pokey (like on a clipper) but it’s held in place by a little oring.

Mine broke so it would always fall out, I purchased some others but they all broke as well.

Also the ignition wheel is so close to the flame that it gets ridiculously hot and after repeated prolonged heatings either becomes to hot to hold or will burn you.

Shame as it’s a nice lighter.

ander and RUDE BOY like this.
  11. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

I intented to use Zippo as description for "zippo shaped, basically some kind of block-design" opposed to a regular angled jet lighter..
    I see, my word selection was not that good.. At least I know why ;)

analytika and Hogni like this.
  12. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

Wasn't ambiguous to me. Zippo is one of those companies that fails to police use of its trademarks as a generic. Like Xerox and Kleenex at points in their history.

Phenix likes this.
  13. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

Is the pb207 really worth its price point? How durable is it?

I found that most torches last about the same amount of time, be they cheap or expensive, so it wouldn't be worth it for me to spend so much and have it die a year or two later when a $8 torch would be the same.

14. Ramahs

I've been close to pulling the trigger on a PB-207 for some time now. The price of course is what's held me back for the same kinds of reasons you bring up.

Though, my experience in the discussions I've read about it over the last few months is that pretty much everyone that has owned one for a while says that it's definiyely worth the investment. It's appeared to be only be people who haven't owned one, who share our worries.

So, I still want one. I have a feeling that it would be my go-to for my stickybrick vape(s).

15. VanCough

@Ramahs @tragique I have also debated the PB-207 but since purchasing one of these I no longer see the point:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novel-Gi...var=471725780078&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It has a large gas viewing window, a large adjustable flame size wheel, a lid that opens automatically with the push of the fire button (but doesn't close automatically which I like), has a switch that can lock the flame on so you don't have to hold the button permanently, and has a piezo system that after months of use still hasn't failed on me; and I mean not once, I could go grab it now and click it repeatedly and I have no doubt it would fire up every single time.

I don't know if I've finally just got some good luck, as I do think torch lighters are largely dependent on whether you get a good one from the manufacturer or not, but I recently purchased two more and they're both working perfectly too.

I know someone said that they don't appear to ship to the US but seeing as they're sent from China I imagine you could ask them to.

I don't want to come off like I work for them or anything :lol: but I feel like some kind of religious missionary that needs to spread the word of the good book (or in this case lighter) after having to deal with so many shit ones.

16. Ramahs

The only thing that really bugs me about that lighter is the auto-open lid that won't just stay open till I decide it's time to close it. I hate that.

17. VanCough

Well that’s where you’re mistaken because it does exactly that. It opens automatically but it doesn’t close unless you physically shut it.

LesPlenty likes this.
  18. Ramahs

Good to know.

Though, I'm having trouble finding that lighter anywhere I can order it, and there's not even a Manufacturer's Part# on that Ebay page (and that source does not appear to ship to the USA).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  19. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

The listing also says;

2. Please do not continue burning more than 10 seconds

That is cutting it a bit close.
    Does not post to Australia either.

20. Ramahs

10-seconds...really?

juxt likes this.
  21. Kozzmozz

Kozzmozz Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

That is really a cause for concern in my eyes

The manual of the blazer 207 states how hot each piece gets after extensive use and estimates that a full tank can burn for 19 minutes.
    That explains the price I guess.

LesPlenty likes this.
  22. Ramahs

Yeah, Don't burn for more than ten seconds means I'm guaranteed to melt the damn thing.

Why even put a flame-lock with such a short time?

Kozzmozz likes this.
  23. JPE

JPE New Member

I have 2 PB-207. One of them worked fine for a while. Right now they both ignite but the flame does not want to stay on and will go out. Also it is very unstable.

I have refilled and purged still same issue
    Tired diffierent butane same issue.

Does this lighter only work with SUPER refined butane or something?

I ordered another one and tried it but no luck.

24. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

All torch lighters work better with highly refined butane. My own experience has led me to use nothing else. The ones I use are Vector and Collibri...
    [​IMG]

25. JPE

JPE New Member

Are you saying my PB-207 is having issues due to the butane. Fuck man you are gonna make me drop by somewhere to grab this butane on the way home. I guess i have to try it

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Squiby likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors