1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Mr. Me2, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Very interesting, thanks a lot!
    Maybe these are the instructions of the FAA but AA seems to have their own - more restrictive - rules.
    I think I don't want to risk causing hassle for my friends or loosing my torches - but really appreciate your efforts.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    The Beagle and GreenHopper like this.
  2. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Good link @Godspeed!

@Hogni, you really should email AA & double-check that they concur w/ what @Godspeed referenced. If they do, you'll have written confirmation. Forward their reply email (& your original email if not contained in their reply) along with GS's FAA link above to your friends for printing so they have documentation if questioned by an unknowledgable agent. This is what I would do. :nod: Hey, it's a plan. ;)

Hogni likes this.
  3. Hogni

You are right, not the worst plan - thanks.

Summer likes this.
  4. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

What the heck does that mean? Not the worst plan. [​IMG]

A pretty darn sensible plan if I do say so myself ... & I did! ;) And right now it's the only one you got if you want that lighter. :drool:

Hogni likes this.
  5. Hogni

My dear, for sure its's a good plan! Did I say it isn't? ;) :wave:
    But for clarification, if a German says this to you it means it IS good - or not the worst at least :p

Summer likes this.
  6. flickstick

flickstick New Member

Hello,

I am new here and have just stepped into the world of vaping. I am overwhelmed by the wealth of information on this forum! Its great!
    So I just purchased a vapcap yesterday and am eagerly waiting for its arrival.

Now I am on the hunt for the right lighter.
    Ive read quite a bit and perhaps my question has been answered, but with this much information I may have missed the answer. So excuse me if I am asking a done to death question.

Ive decided I want a duel flame. I like to sit somewhere in between a nice roast and efficiency (gas usage/tank capacity). I am not worried about the extra speed a triple or quad would offer. I would also consider a single, if it seemed like the right choice.
    Essentially, I am after roast quality and efficiency over speed

I didnt buy the dynastash (was very close) but decided I could construct my own version, if not just use a tin with magnet glued in.
    So, ideally the lighter I am looking for would be skinny/long rather than fat and bulky, as to nicely fit in what ever stash box I make up.

I have been looking over ebay, after seeing some links on this tread and have found some options.
    I am a little weary of the china ripoffs. Are they ripoffs? Do ripoffs pose a problem? or are they fine?)
    Anyone had experience with these particular ones?

(1) Ive seen praise for this one. Im interested, but is this a china rip-off? If so does a china rip-off matter?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honest-Dou...422929?hash=item238bb000d1:g:8WkAAOSwWZ9Zlbhx

(2) These ones are nicely shaped, and affordable. Though single flame (still considered)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pcs-AOMA...083790&hash=item2cc867ad0c:g:GrQAAOSwRUhY9Pbs

;)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Man-B...373483&hash=item41a38e1b5b:g:mlgAAOSwSnFZpoED

(3) This one looks real nice
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honest-Lig...635888?hash=item56a385b370:g:OGAAAOSwWv5Z6f5H

(4) Maybe too small? worried about burning through the tank
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Refillable...955619?hash=item25c42b33e3:g:HWAAAOSwt5hYgvl~

(5) Looks kinda cheap, but are domestic seller (I am in Australia.)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Jet...271151?hash=item4652d3026f:g:KHMAAOSw0UdXqgAP

Anyone got any other recommendations that may fit my description above? Feel free to link me.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Hogni and Mr. Me2 like this.
  7. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@flickstick, first, off, welcome! :wave: You were just birthed today on FC! :lol:

I can't help you as I use a triple, well, used, 'cause I got a Pipes Induction heater -- might want to check that out for possible future purchase.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-induction-heater-for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/

Be sure to check out the Best of VapCap thread 'cause there's a lot of good info. on heating. :nod:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

In reference to the pic in the 1st link you cited, it seems like the thumb position is awkward, therefore, might be uncomfortable to use???

Oh, & until you get a case, a hard-shelled eyeglass case will hold a vc & lighter.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Hogni, TeeJay1952 and Mr. Me2 like this.
  8. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

My favorite lighter is #2.

"(2) These ones are nicely shaped, and affordable. Though single flame (still considered)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pcs-AOMA...083790&hash=item2cc867ad0c:g:GrQAAOSwRUhY9Pbs "

I have several. They last longer than you might think. When they are all empty I fill them all at the same time. It takes a couple of minutes max. Basically the size of a regular Vapcap and a Dynastash can be modified to carry one. It fits perfectly inside a Vapcap Pouch by @Ratchett along with your herb and Vapcap. It's a really handy and reliable - so far - lighter. I highly recommend this model.

MinnBobber and Mr. Me2 like this.
  9. flickstick

flickstick New Member

Thanks for the advice and the links- some great info!

Thanks Squiby. Ive gone with number 2.

Also, I keep stumbling over handy pieces of information re: vapcap with your name on it. Thanks for all the great information!

pxl_jockey, Squiby and Summer like this.
  10. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

So I bought a Cyclone II from DynaVap and all was well, it worked good, but then came to refill and a standard Ronson butane refill nozzle does not fit. It appears the area for the nozzle is far to small, or at least it is in comparison to my other Vertigo lighters (I have a few). Totally bummed! Really liked the format.

11. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

are you sure it's the torch and not the butane? Only reason I say that is when I used ronson or neon half the time the fluid would be all over the place when I refill my torches. As soon as I upgraded to Vector butane there's not a single drop of fluid loss no matter which of my torches I'm filling.

12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Well, I have the largest bottle of Ronson I could find and I've been using it for a long time in all my other torches, seems to work well with all the others?

Squiby likes this.
  13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

You have been very lucky. Robson is not a great butane and can clog a lighter. Anyway, it has been working for you. So I suggest you keep the Robson can and also get another can of butane, but a better brand, to use when your Robson runs out. The top will have many tips to fit any lighter. Use the tips that fit your lighter. All the tips will fit the Robson.

Dynalowrider and almost there like this.
  14. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Friends don't let friends use Ronson Butane. Doc

Summer, MrMonss, tonuzzi and 6 others like this.
  15. Creeper

Creeper deep in the matrix...

I'll add my 2 cents of using a VC since February. Love the Lotus Venom 2 (triple burner) that Dynavap sells direct for on the road. My original crapped out over a month ago but Dynavap being the rockstars they are gave me 2 free replacements, customer service is not dead!

However at home I love using my Newport Zero 6" torch, insane heat up times and the flame width is almost the entire length of the cap. Running whole flower through a bubbler with this thing is pure bliss and now that the colder months are descending upon me thankfully for the larger heat source when outside.

I have been interested in @Pipes induction heater but for the cost of lighters and butane I see no point right now.

Squiby likes this.
  16. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Divided by Zero

17. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

vapman added some goot tips for maintenance in the last pages of the vapman thread
    Vapman torch is great, only beaten at (very) cold temps by the Rothenberger pocket torch, my only reliable torch for winter, giess it s due to the larger flame diameter...
    Any other tips for torches that work at cold temps?

18. passenger

passenger fuck combustion

I also find the vapman torch great. I also like the feel of it. It doesn't cost much too.

Creeper and Dynavaper like this.
  19. Creeper

You guys have me looking at the Vapeman ligher for my SBL, how does it work with the flame firing downwards? @Dynavaper @Used2use @passenger

20. Dynavaper

Exactly like the other way round. Just tested it. :)

21. Creeper

Ok so just that we are on the same page "exactly like the other way around" means it works perfectly firing the flame to the floor? :)

22. Dynavaper

Yes, indeed. The flame behaves exactly the same, no matter whether I fire it to the floor or to the ceiling.

Creeper likes this.
  23. Creeper

Thanks champ! Got this lighter on my radar now. :rockon:

Dynavaper likes this.
  24. Slagzord

Slagzord Active Member

I've been using a metal clipper. It was 5 bucks and matches the Vapcap M really nicely. More a fashion piece. Still it works and it lets me low frequency stealth as I just say it is a quit smoking aid to reduce nicotine consumption.

But...dat vapman looks shmexy and likely to cook to click faster...ugh. So many toys to buy...

Creeper likes this.
  25. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but these cheapo lighters don't seem to mind it? I used to insist on the quad filtered stuff but I've been using this Ronson garbage for a year and all lighters still function well. Except the one that I can't fill!

Dynalowrider and Squiby like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors