1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Mr. Me2, Dec 10, 2016.

1. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I own one and I really like it. The built in carabiner and the big adjustment wheel are very useful features, I mainly use it during winter as I work in a pretty cold place and it has the highest setting of my triples (but it eats butane very fast if you use it that way).
    Mine is pretty beaten up after less than one year, if you plan to carry it using the carabiner or throwing it in a bag with other stuff it's going to end like this:

[​IMG]

The only other drawback I can find is the weight, something more than 70 grams when full, almost twice a plastic Hong Jing triple torch.

2. WoodVillain

WoodVillain Backwoods Rated

It seems like most torches mentioned are 50% hit or miss.... There has to be better quality torches.

I don't mind spending more on a quality item. I have an authentic IM Corona old boy lighter that cost over $100, WORTH EVERY PENNY, but it's a soft flame. I'd rather not spend $100 on a torch... But if that's the only way to get a truly reliable torch i will.

I have a zico single flame that always lights up but the flame goes up and down despite purging it and using vector filtered 14x butane.

Bought a vertigo by lotus trump yesterday... It didn't work right out the package.

My vapcap arrives tomorrow... I think I'll take a trip to the cigar shop today and see what they have.

CuckFumbustion likes this.
  3. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

I still think the VectorKGM Pyramid was designed for the VapCap. The best lighter I have found. Doc

4. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Does it need a tool to adjust the gas valve? TIA

CuckFumbustion and steama like this.
  5. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

6. WoodVillain

WoodVillain Backwoods Rated

I'll look into that pyramid. Looks like it may be a good option for at home use.

Exchanged the trump lighter for another one... This one works... For now..

Also picked up a triple flame cyclone also from vertigo by lotus. It works.

We shall see how they last.

That's the old boy beside the bic.

[​IMG]

7. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

To each his own, but I refuse to pay more than $15 shipped for a jet lighter - unless it looks REALLY special, and even then I top out around $20. I've had better ones that are shit, and cheaper ones (3 for $5) that work great. Of course I've also had better ones that work great, and some cheaper ones that are shit. Almost all of them are produced in China, and don't think QC is well done for any.

What does seem to make a difference is better butane. See you have that part down, but 14x? Sounds like it could be pricey. I have pretty good luck with 5x. But, if I could get something more filtered for same price I'd grab it.

Also, a proper purge and fill and a little maintenance now and then will keep some of them going well for a long time. Purge and fill is pretty easy with techs listed everywhere.

Maintenance (when they act up) is cleaning carbon off the jets (I use a small metal brush that looks like a toothbrush with brass bristles), blowing that out (I use compressed air and try to shoot it in behind jets - where lighter air intake is), working the flame adjustment back and forth a bit to keep things flowing smoothly, and occasionally having to re-align an electronic sparker. These things can help a lot. But, once the igniter goes, or one springs a leak, it goes into the trash here.

Try cleaning jets, and working the flame adjustment back and forth a bit on your Zico. IME many of these can get a little wonky if you just leave the flame setting in the same place. Moving it back and forth - and letting some butane through after a fresh fill - whether lit or not - can clear out whatever is creating problems there.

8. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

9. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Nice! the gunmetal version is a better pairing with the VC tips for MY liking. The chromed one is too shiny. But the rips are a nice repetition of the sahüe of the VC fins.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  10. joekar

joekar This IS my happy face..

Xikar dual torch Tech ......works great.

11. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Nice!

Ticks all my functionality boxes:
    • Fuel gauge/window
    • Tool less gas flow valve
    I'd prefer a dual flame or tripple for a lighter of this size though and at this price I'd rather go either cheaper with the:

Firebird by Colibri
    Illume Triple Torch Butane Refillable Cigar and Cigarette Lighter Transparent Black
    - $19.95

or for similar classy styling (although without the fins):

Cozy triple Jet flame cigar lighter torch humidor - £24.99

12. flotntoke

Gorgeous! Have had my eye on this one for a while, but at about $70? Think I'd rather deal with like 50 cheap Chinese triple torches for about the same price. but, I'm a cheap ass when it comes to things like this.

13. joekar

14. flotntoke

15. steama

steama Well-Known Member

16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Me too. I'd rather have a cheepie and an eighth... :cool:

17. joekar

Lifetime no charge warranty..It just works.

18. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Hogni, what does sahue mean? I did google. :shrug:

If you want a cheap triangle, this one is great. Top pops opens automatically, nice size for hand & button isn't hard to depress.

Ebay

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  19. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

LOL! I don't know what happened. Wanted to write "shape" Excuse me, Mam. Best laugh of my day

20. flotntoke

Looks like a good one! Adding to my list, tho must admit Vertigo dual and triple torches from DV getting the most use from me for past week (when not on PortSide - that gets 75% of heating duty).

21. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

[​IMG]

I don't know... think there's something to be said for the chromed look

22. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

23. steama

steama Well-Known Member

now I can vape in the weed patch and not be seen :buzz:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  24. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Heh heh heh. I like that.

25. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I mostly use my Blazer Big Shot Torch. While I have never had problems if you go this route do be careful both of hour hand and the cap.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors