What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Like all my torches and trying to figure which ones are more suited for expeditions.

2 cents for those on the quest for the near perfect one like I am. :2c:

I would look at all lighters tailored toward cigar smokers who reheat their cigars.:hmm: Does it have a mirror? This is to help cigar smokers who relight their cigars. They tend to leave the end in the flame for an extended time. Are you following my logic here. :freak: I've gotten some good Butane and lighters at Ebay prices at my local cigar shop as one score. Bought my fav Jetline for $8.

I would perhaps avoid or consider the pro/cons of flint lighters or other ignition systems. (Anyone have anything technical to add about this topic. BTW?)

Is it multi-function? Does condensation or altitude affect it? Waterproof? Windproof?

How much butane does it go through on it's lowest settling? How much does it hold for it's weight and size?

Many companies interchange bodies, parts and jets. And resell them as different models. then sell one type to store A and the other variant to Ebay seller B, etc. Especially Jetline and other Chinese Manufacturers. But higher end companies do it as well.

I have a double torch nearly identical to the triple pic below. The center where you see the door is a ring that surrounds the midsection on mine. Otherwise identical. Lanyard-able too. :tup: One strong click and the wind screen top opens and jets are primed. I can see how the heat is hitting the opposite side of the cap. More light due to the mirror.
One half click and just the mirror pops up. So now you have 1 mirror as a survival tool.

Can be lazy with the left hand when lighting and rest the VC on the fins in the cap end with the lighter. The gap in side edge between the jets and the outside wall allow for this rest while I turn my 'M'. Good to know if I have to heat it in a tight space.
s-l500.jpg

Dynalowrider

I have been a fan of the Vector KGM line of lighters for a long time.
While digging through my tool chest, I found an old double torch Vector I used to use for cold solder joints, as well as a whole lot of Macanudo Maduro cigars. It was so scraped up and scarred, and the striker didn't work. This lighter was a valued tool, but "rode hard and put up wet".
Vector has a no-proof warranty, just pay for the return shipping, ($5). I got it back in great shape.
I like the slower heating of the double torch. Great flavor. I still love my Pyramid, but like to change off ever so often.
The point is the Vectors may cost a little more but they will last a long time, if taken care of. Doc

natural farmer

I really really like the quadruple Vertigo from Dynavap!!!
Started with the originally offered triple which didn't probe very durable, went and stayed to singles for a long time, then went back to a couple of triples that also broke quickly, then tried a few cheap single and double ones which were too stiff for my thumbs..... . but this new four flame Vertigo is something else!!! Very quick, solid clicks and smooth flame, great built quality from what I can see so far and super soft trigger!!! Worth the bucks!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I really really like the quadruple Vertigo from Dynavap!!!
Started with the originally offered triple which didn't probe very durable, went and stayed to singles for a long time, then went back to a couple of triples that also broke quickly, then tried a few cheap single and double ones which were too stiff for my thumbs..... . but this new four flame Vertigo is something else!!! Very quick, solid clicks and smooth flame, great built quality from what I can see so far and super soft trigger!!! Worth the bucks!

What happened with your DV triple? Just stopped lighting on it's own, but still sparks and spews butane?

Forget who, but someone mentioned the sparker on theirs had been knocked out of place. When mine started acting up, I used a pair of tweezers to push sparker more over one of jets. Has been flawless since!

Not going to work if something more serious is wrong with it. But, worth a try. Takes all of about 2 seconds.

Whissmu

My best experience has been with honnest, bought in aliexprexx, in other chinese stores did not reach my country in europe, it is important that come empty, without gas !!
They have been my best jet because it always works to first shot even with wind, which makes it indispensable on a sunny day and with wind on the beach, warm up blindly but with the confidence that there are no error
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...lgo_pvid=cdeb2c17-8f1a-4a24-aa88-8394c6557f73

natural farmer

What happened with your DV triple? Just stopped lighting on it's own, but still sparks and spews butane?

Forget who, but someone mentioned the sparker on theirs had been knocked out of place. When mine started acting up, I used a pair of tweezers to push sparker more over one of jets. Has been flawless since!

Not going to work if something more serious is wrong with it. But, worth a try. Takes all of about 2 seconds.

Mine stopped clicking, just that, no more clicks from the sparker... :(

@natural farmer, not in my experience. The lid felt off the 2nd day and after 4 days it started to loose butane. It's empty after 1 hour without use. But nice if it's working
Sorry to hear this buddy... I hope I'll be more lucky cause I really like this one. If not, I am going to give a few more €s for a more premium one this time!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Mine stopped clicking, just that, no more clicks from the sparker... :(

That always sucks! Done unless you want to rebuild, and I just can't see it with these. Mine still going well. You never know with these things. I've had "good" more expensive ones crap put quickly, and cheap ones last for years. Of course, a lot of the cheapos crap out pretty quickly, too.

VanCough

Environmentalist

So my dual torch clipper style lighter arrived recently, I got it in silver to match my m and grinder (the family is looking pretty sleek now!), this thing has some decent weight to it (due to the top being made of metal) and is a nice size in the hand, the jets fire nicely and produce tall strong flames, the flame adjustment wheel on the bottom can be turned with a fingernail easily enough (which was a nice surprise), the fuel window provides an easy view of how much gas you have (mine arrived in the post filled! :mental:), the flint removes easily just like a clipper's does and provides a handy pokey to tamp weed into the tip of the vapcap.

The only complaints I have are that it's not made completely out of metal (which would be awesome!), the flint and gas button mechanism rattle and compress a couple of mm, and the metal top can get hot after continued reheatings.

Would I recommend it? Yes
Would I buy it again if I lost it? Yes

Last edited:
Top Bottom