What's your answer for a T-Break?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
As a medicinal user, that's like cutting off my Xanax or Tramadol (since MMJ enhances both) cold-turkey. But, especially since I received my HI, my tolerance has shot thru the roof. I can get that initial relief, first thing in the morning... but the rest of the day, blah.

Its almost like I go into depression, the rest of the day, because I'm not getting the same relief (ironic considering I have so many tools now).

I'm in a funk and I don't know what to do. The thought of breaking, scares the shit out of me... because I just went thru Tramadol withdrawals (my fault) and don't want to experience the same with MMJ. Hell, just the thought of it, makes me anxious.

What the Hell to do, with this double-edged sword?

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've tried T-breaks a couple of times & I don't believe in them anymore.

After a break I'm usually so happy that I celebrate it's over so hard I immediately need another T-break :lol:

I get much better results variating strains myself, & sometimes adding in a couple of days of moderate use (I usually only medicate before bedtime on those days) if my usage is really of the roof.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
After a break I'm usually so happy that I celebrate it's over so hard I immediately need another T-break:lol:
I don't know if truer words have ever been spoken! :lol:

My problem with t breaks is that my tolerance is right back up there within a day or so. I find backing off the heavy hitters for a while and only using my CRZ or LB works. In your case, you might want to go back to using the LB for your daily use. Then, maybe only use the HI at night when you need that extra boost. :2c:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't believe in T-Breaks just for this reason. If one wants to drop the tolerance, it's imo much better to just start moderation of doses now. MJ tolerance is very dynamic it will adapt on you recent doses in days, sometimes even hours. I notice my tolerance boost straight up each time when I party. I am able to vape huge ammounts when partying. At the beginning I get baked, but later I can toke nonstop (literally) and get more and more sober. If I vaped that as my first bowl of the day I would pass out.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Some great input y'all. Thanks!

I grabbed my MFLB today, which has been collecting dust, the last week and loaded it up, with some of my private stock (which is actually only a mid-grade). First vape of the day, but still kicked in a LOT faster and with more umph. Meds actually lasted longer and a lot better effect on my anxiety. So much, that I've only needed some maintenance draws from the MFLB throughout the day. Think I'm about ready for another session, going to be hard not grabbing the top shelf and HIsaber, though.

Must... be... strong....

BigDaddyVapor,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
5-htp works well for me. I use it when my tolerance gets higher and I don't have to use as much for a couple days (which lowers it back down)

deadc0ffee,
Reactions: HyDroid

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Still having good results. Sticking to my MFLB for the most part, pulled out the VB for bed. Both kept me pleasantly medicated during the day (actually, probably my lightest day of usage in a very long time). The VB was awesome by the time, I was ready for sleep. Leaned back, few sweet pulls off an Indica load and off to Nighty Night Land.

Woke up, when my wife yanked her favorite pillow from under my head several hours later. :D

Took a couple hits off the CRZ roasting tube today, with the HI, just for kicks. Though, still sticking with the MFLB primarily.

BigDaddyVapor,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
If the HI has raised your tolerance,,,there you go. I vape strictly sativa dominant strains thru my zap by day,,,and indica thru my HI by night. Also, I'm vapn from noon till midnite. No tolerance issue's. :rockon:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I don't know if it raised my tolerance. I'm starting to think, I just WAY overdid it. I was medicating, way past the point of medicated and keeping it at a constant state of being over-medicated. Easy to do, with the HI, when its brand new, shiny and oh, so much fun!

Hopefully, I've found my happy medium.

BigDaddyVapor,

bigtvapes

Based on what I know about how it works on your brain, I don't think a t-break is effective at all.

But hell, if it works for people I say, "Knock yourself out"

I stop using from time to time for professional reasons. Last year, I went almost 8 months without using at all. I went back, and went back to about my normal usage, which isn't very heavy but it is regular usage. Within three days I was right back to where I was tolerance wise.

A high school buddy is now a biochemist and works in the pharmaceutical industry and he broke it down for me. Forgive me for speaking simply, but he's the biochemist not me :-)

Basically, your brain chemistry is what causes high tolerance. If you use a lot over a long time your brain chemistry adjusts accordingly. So you can quit for a month or two, that's great. And your brain chemistry goes right back to where it was extremely quickly if you ever were a longtime user. It takes a serious length of time for your brain to truly alter it's chemistry for a real t-break, and get back to "normal". We're talking years here, folks, not days or weeks. Sure, you'll get a nicer buzz the first few times you head back, but after a few days of use you're literally, chemically speaking, almost exactly where you were before the t-break.

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I don't know if truer words have ever been spoken! :lol:

My problem with t breaks is that my tolerance is right back up there within a day or so. I find backing off the heavy hitters for a while and only using my CRZ or LB works. In your case, you might want to go back to using the LB for your daily use. Then, maybe only use the HI at night when you need that extra boost. :2c:
exactly. you can still get high, and not have to get ridiculously high. in my opinion its when you try to get high like its the 4th of July EVERY DAY that your tolerance gets wack. Alternatively, you can medicate in moderate doses daily and be able to reach the point you want (without getting shot to the moon)

I take a break everytime I go to sleep for the night. ;)
Its all about that virgin high, where every day is a rebirth! :dog:

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Cereal_MF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
As the OP, I'm still getting pretty much the same cause/effect and ability to rectify it. I find my only problem, is that my desire to switch things up, doesn't always agree with my need to. I think the HI, is just a blast to use. It takes the whole ritual of my sessions, to a new level. Though, a lot of time is wasted deciding on which piece of glass to use. Yeah, I know... tough problem, eh?

But, I can get to the point of blasting out daily with the HI, to the point it seems useless almost. Pick up the MFLB and still keep myself medicated. The VB HF, always gets the job done, but probably just because its a nighttime, kick back only vape.

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I do drop concentrates from my diet when I've done a lot of them for a few weeks. After a week, flowers just work better.
I only get what most people call "high" only when switching strains. I'd love to take a T break but that would mean gobbling up Kadian capsules....a place I don't want to go.

For the chronic user, sometimes all it takes is to titrate your dose, just use what you need when you really need it for a bit. It really helps.

Cereal_MF

So true. This is what I've been doing. Cutting down and enjoying it more is optimal :tup:

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
Just lower your use down to allmost zero or 1 bowl per day!!! for 1 weak or so and u ll feel the diferent!!

BaMbAaAChA,

Cereal_MF

Just lower your use down to allmost zero or 1 bowl per day!!! for 1 weak or so and u ll feel the diferent!!

Very true. This is why when i toke alone now its usually 1/4 trench from MFLB or chillum w an eenie weenie bowl

Cereal_MF,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Titration is the key. People who take tolerance breaks are putting themselves through an excessively difficult tribulation. Tolerance is something that can be modified easily through cutting back and leaving longer periods of time between medicating.

I'm interested in the 5-HTP though. Deadcoffe, think you could elaborate on where you came up with this idea?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Eh... I can't lower it down to that little. I'd be :bang: before too long.

Switching up vapor delivery, works fine for me. I suppose I could throw edibles in there, but I wouldn't function very well, on a daily consumption. I'm not extremely fond of the medicinal aspect of edibles. They just slow me down. Good for pain relief, but I only use medicinal as more of a pain management enhancer. Though, it does help me with pain Tramadol won't.

Tramadol is what I take for stabbing bone pain. Doesn't get rid of it, but it dulls it considerably. Otherwise, it feels like an icepick (literally) stabbing into the sides of my ribcage and sternum over the course of the day. My medicinal helps with my muscle pain, such as weekly, or more, muscle spasms in my lower left back.

Otherwise, for anxiety and other things the MMJ helps with, a single trench would not get me thru the day. Especially, once night rolled around and my muscles are aching and a day's worth of tension has built up.

I could and have milked a trench while I'm going about my day, running errands and such... but not over the course of the entire day.

BigDaddyVapor,

Cereal_MF

I think 5 HTP is commonly used among people that like to roll often aka do mdma n frequent raves. If ur gonna do that stuff, its atleast smart to do some damage control before during and after. Im not sure how it could help as supplement to weed, but im pretty sure it wont hurt.
I myself am trying to eat more foods that are healthy for the brain, even going so far as to try sardeens.

One more thing; if you plan to gradually lower your tolerance without taking a total break, titration is key. I just learned hat great wordfrom his thread. Its about seeing how far you can get using less! Many times this is more enjoyable than going kamikaze style.

Cereal_MF,
Top Bottom