What's up with golf ball personization?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Maybe because I don't play golf I don't get the concept of custom balls, but I guess they're a good gift item for Father's Day or something.

edit -

i mean to type "personalization."

jeffp,

sour

Yea I don't get it either! Good gift maybe and maybe it helps distinguish whose ball is who's if they land near each other on the golf course. It seems like it would be one of those silly things that costs a lot more than it's worth to customize.

sour,
A lot of people will use a sharpie marker on their golf balls to keep it separate from the other peoples' that they are playing with. And who doesn't like seeing their name engraved on anything, aside from a tombstone, and most people don't see that anyways. It's saying that that item is definitely fucking mine. There...see my name...mine..... At least that is my take on it.
edited to add- I don't think anyone wants personalized paraphernalia though... "Jeez officer, how'd you know it was mine?"

SkeletonLips,

sour

Yea it probably is a big ownership thing. Sometimes people of wealth are known to love playing golf. The way I see it money, ownership and power go hand-in-hand. Engrave your balls!

sour,
Yeah, I think the only thing I have my name engraved (actually just sharpie markered) on is my heavy duty boxcutter for work. Wonder what that says about my financial status? Lol...

SkeletonLips,
Top Bottom