What's the least amount of duff/ABV herb it takes to get you high?

GreenLeaf

I'm a lightweight when it comes to eating cannabis food, what amount of duff/ABV herb would be good for me to eat on what's called a firecracker or a peanutbutter cracker with duff/ABV all through the peanutbutter and then baked in the oven?

I don't want to get so high that I can't move and it's like I'm temporarily paralyzed and unable to move for hours and blacking/passing out from herb as this happened before when I accidentally ate too much herb which was a decade ago long before I got into vaping.

Has anyone discovered any good amounts, techniques, or recipes for cooking with duff/ABV for us lightweights?

GreenLeaf,

caseball2051

I have never messed around with edibles before but have researched them. Ive read that .5g-1g of good material is enough to get you toasted for a WHILE on a firecracker. Ive never done it personally, but plan to someday. Id say that if you used 1.5-2.0g of ABV youd achieve similiar results.

Not an expert, but thatd be what I would do. Last night I smoked 2 stems of ABV in my MZ. It got me around the same level as 1 normal stem. I think.

caseball2051,

lwien

I recently made some firecrackers using ABV. 2 grams worked ok, but next time, I'm going to go to 2.5. Besides your tolerance, you also have to consider how good the bud was in the first place, and how brown you got your ABV. I get mine a dark brown, so if you only go to golden brown, then you may want to use less.

This is the only thing I don't like about edibles. You have to experiment to get the right dosage down, but better to start on the light side and work up.

lwien,

Beezleb

Too many variables. How much actives is left in each persons ABV will be different, the quality of material used will play a factor as well as if you prepare it correctly.

I have never used an ABV product by itself and said this is great on its own. For me it works great as an addition before going out or whatnot.

Best figure I can say, use about 4 times more abv than compared to herb.

Beezleb,

StickyShisha2

i made dark oil (BHO style) this weekend and mixed measured amounts into almond butter.
my housemates and i agree that i made them too strong. I had the strongest one and wasn't the only one to "trip".

StickyShisha2,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Keep in mind that even the contents of your stomach affects the quickness and stoneyness of your edible journey. Should you consume on a full stomach, you may not get off very well at all.

macbill,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
macbill said:
Keep in mind that even the contents of your stomach affects the quickness and stoneyness of your edible journey. Should you consume on a full stomach, you may not get off very well at all.
But please dont confuse this as 'eat them on an empty stomach' either. You want to have a little something in your tummy to get the gastric juices a flowing and ready to process your ABV cocktail (whatever it is) but having TOO much food in your stomach... Yeah, it could take a bit longer :)

AGBeer,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm gathering a bunch of ABV to make some peanut butter cookies and wanted to calibrate how strong they are using the firecracker method.

Here's my literal notes from last night, plus some comments at the end. I ate the firecrackers after the finale of lost.

4 firecrackers each consisting of 250 mg ABV, 2 ritz crackers, peanut butter and nutella. Not cooked. Eaten at 10:30pm

May 23/10

10:30 pm CST ate 4 firecrackers. Abv came from 60% LB, 25% E3, 15% IO

10:45 pm CST t+ 0:15 no effects

11:00 pm CST t+ 0:30 no effects

11:15vpm CST t+ 0:45 no effects

11:42 pm CST t+ 1:12 feeling slight body effects. Distinct vibration/waviness in shoulders, memory starting to be variable. Tiredness is prominent, but waxes and wanes. Joint pain is non existent.

11:46 pm CST t+ 1:16 Its kicked in. I feel like am in SpongeBobs world.

11:49 pm CST t+1:19 thoughts wandering all over the place

11:51 pm CST t+1:21 complete body stone. Shoulders and wrists feel as if they have no density.

11:54 pm CST t+1:24 A nice place to be in. Very relaxed, and rather tired (Im usually up until 4 or 5 am CST in the weekends), For me, 1g ABV seems about right. Definitely an Indica type of effect. Its really kinda cool being able to separate what I think of as Sativa from Indica. The cerebral effects are gone already, and it looks like a few hours or more of relaxation if I can stay awake. When I vape, it never gets to this state of anxiety reduction or tranquilizing leel. What I think of as the THC rush is very brief. This would be something to take about 90 minutes before boarding a plane.

Comments; I've used ground up weed, poorly prepared cannabutter and hash in edibles; with ABV I find I have to calibrate how much ABV I will get per dose to get the desired effect. I've had successful cannabutter cookies made with 0.5g bud per cookie, so knowing that I am a light weight vaper I figured 1.0g ABV would be similar, perhaps lighter on the THC but heavier on the CBD side of things. This was *far* less cerebral than vaping. I fell asleep ~12:15ish, and woke up around 3 am. Munchies were almost non existent. Once the Sativa rush was gone, it was a brutal unrelenting heaviness that was left behind. Did not feel normal until 12 noon next day.

Tom

(Oh yeah, I'd forgoten how ungodly sweet nutella is)

tdavie,
Top Bottom