What's the best load as you go pen vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clouded vision

So my good friend just got a cheap eBay glass globe pen and I was pretty impressed with the hits and want something similar. I haven't spent much time researching this style of pen before so I figured I would ask everyone here. Right now I know about the dr dabber ghost pen, the dabbler, the bholt, the vip by ssv (currently my last choice as I have had bad experiences with 7th floors customer service in the past), also I know there is the halo titanium or something like that. I'm curious if there is a good reason to either rule one out or consider one over the others, also if there are any other brands I should be looking at. I'm more concerned about quality, reliability and durability than cost, but those being equal, I would obviously prefer the lower cost. I already have an ego battery so if I could just buy the atomizer and mouthpiece that would fit, that would be ideal. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

clouded vision,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Caligula

Maximus
Cant get direct links to specific post replies on mobile for whatever reason so here you go. This is taken from the Persei thread.

Its here!

Here is a side by side shot of the original iteration of the 2.0-ohm@3.7v KISS (left), and the new 1.0-ohm@3.7v GR2 Ti KISS (right):

As you can see, the tip of the MP is slightly different, leading to a shorter overall profile. I cant say I'm bothered by this in the slightest. Also, it appears that the cone portion of the new cart is denser and/or thicker than the older (updated, not original) MP. Again, I cant say I am bothered by this either.

Aside from that, you will notice that UP Tech is now labeling the voltage on the outside of the carts. A good common sense safety measure to be sure, especially if you have both the 3.7 and 7.4v carts!

Here's an overhead shot of the exposed heater. Note how many loops the coil makes on this version:

I also notice that the wick appears to be more porous than the old version from what I remember (although as you can see in the picture I cant really compare!). This is somewhat confirmed by watching how small dabs of super clear concentrate (seriously, I used Clear Concentrates.... clear concentrate) gets soaked into the wick after heating. It absorbed quite a bit IMO, and this is something you may want to take into account? Perhaps after more people use these we can determine if any "priming" is beneficial?

Also, for sure the wick/coil has been lowered so that it sits closer to the air hole underneath (and thus the bottom of the ceramic cup).

Now for an action shot!

You might see here that only the top 3 loops really heat up, and out of those 3, the center is by far the hottest. Not sure why this is, however it remained as such until the auto timer cut the power. In any case, I suggest new users do this for two reasons; First, you get to see where the "hot spot" is. I would imagine this is probably where you want to load most of your concentrate. Secondly, I did see a tiny puff of grey smoke come off the coils and/or wick as soon as I hit the power. Nothing major to be sure, however I'm glad I didn't load a dab on there right off the bat.

...speaking of which, here is a dab of that Clear Concentrate I was referencing earlier in the post:

Aww... look how pretty! All loaded up and ready to go.

So what now then?

clouded vision

Will the 3.7v kiss cart work with my ego battery and a 510 to 601 adapter? Or will I need an omicron v2 and if so what makes it better than the dr dabber witha titanium coil considering it would be cheaper and I believe it should thread right on to my ego battery

Caligula

Maximus
I'm not 100% on ego batteries however if it it'll put out 3.7v while running @ 1.0 ohm, then it should work. I'm pretty sure the VV units can do this?

I should also note that the new Omicrons come with a free Ti KISS cart. Something to consider.

As for differences between other brands, W9 is the only manufacturer to use grade 2 titanium for their heater wire. There's a reason why people use that same grade for nails and dabbers. That plus their use of medical grade ceramics for the wick make this the "cleanest" LYAG style cart, IMO. This (theoretically) benefits health as well as taste.

At the very least I can attest that flavor retention is awesome.

Last edited:

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Will the 3.7v kiss cart work with my ego battery and a 510 to 601 adapter? Or will I need an omicron v2 and if so what makes it better than the dr dabber witha titanium coil considering it would be cheaper and I believe it should thread right on to my ego battery

Yes. The omi kiss carts will work as long as you have that adapter. I'm getting one of those adapters myself for the very same reason. I want to use the w9 carts on my mech mod.

Unconnected

The thermovape products are extremely high quality and very good, i would look into them if having a clean vape made with quality non toxic parts is a big concern of yours. So many of these pen vapes are dodgey chinese tech that i personally wouldnt use. The thermovape products are a bit pricy but they are designed to last forever, and now you dont even need to buy one that doubles as a sex toy.

Unconnected,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom