What's good for a first?

My father gifted me a titan 2 which I promptly stuffed in a drawer never to be used, so I want to know what would be good for a real first vaporizer. I want one that has some ritual to it, one that will last a long time but I need it to be cheap, like <100 bucks

What do you all think would be good for a first vaporizer?

little maggie

I would recommend the arizer solo as a solid and good beginner vape. But your price range really limits what you can get. You may be able to find a used solo. For under $100 I would recommend the vapcap M. It's butane so you will need to spend money on a good lighter.
I'm a little wary about a vapcap for someone just starting even though it's simple to use.
Second recommendation would be the vivant alternate. Totally simple and solid. There have been mouthpiece problems but that is being resolved. You can get a discount to some of the online stores as an FC member and can probably get it for close to $100.

Squiby

I want one that has some ritual to it, one that will last a long time but I need it to be cheap, like <100 bucks
You totally need to check out the Dynavap line of vaporizers, called Vapcaps. The M model Vapcap is the entry level vape. It goes for $50. It is made out of stainless steel and a few orings. It is built to last a lifetime. It is manufactured and assembled in house at the Dynavap location in the USA. There's not really anything that can break and the orings and screens can last years before requiring replacement. Couple this with a two dollar jet lighter and you're good to go.

The heat source can actually be anything from a bic lighter, candle, campfire stick, lantern, battery powered induction heater or the prefered jet lighter with one, two three or four jets.

The herb chamber is covered by a temperature indicating cap which clicks when the chamber has reached toking temps and that temp is determined by where on the cap you heat.

The ritual is very similar to smoking a joint except that you won't combust if you stop heating at the click. The Vapcap is even shaped like a cigarette. It's FUN to use!

The Vapcaps are modular so you can expand your collection by swapping out condensers, mouthpieces and stems or bodies to create your custom look. They are LEGO for stoners.

Vapcaps are without question the most attractive vaporizers on the market today.

The customer service is literally out of this world. George the inventor is very kind and generous. The Dynavap thread is littered with stories of George reaching out to help someone out that goes beyond reasonable customer service.

After going through several vapes I finally stumbled upon the Vapcap. My search for the best vape for me ended there. I wish someone had pointed me in its direction before I spent all that money on vapes I don't use.

Check out the Dynavap thread here on FC.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-427#post-1078667

And the Dynavap website.

https://www.dynavap.com

Good luck with your new vape!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would suggest the Solo, the older version can be bought for under $150 possibly $120. It's very easy to use. If transitioning from smoking I would try a high heat.

The VapCap has a huge following with a lot of happy owners. It uses a butane lighter. I didn't like using a lighter It just wasn't for me. There is a bit of a learning curve IMO.

The Solo is pretty basic and no learning curve. It's easy to clean and maintain. No little parts to loose. It has an all glass air path and great taste.

It just depends on what you like. Pick a few units you are interested in and do some research here on FC. Ask questions of the members. We are a pretty nice bunch here on FC. Welcome aboard @Slipnotintosleep

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Can't go wrong with a Solo or VapCap. I own both, and they're both great.

Of the two, the Solo is probably easier to use, just because there's no lighter involved. And the Solo tastes better in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with the taste of the VapCap, but something about the Solo just brings out the flavor of your herb like nothing else really can.

The VapCap has a nice ritual to it, and if you don't mind using a lighter, is definitely worth considering. My VapCaps are my favorite vapes in my collection. If funds allow, I'd suggest skipping the M, and getting a Ti Woody with a spinning mouthpiece (either the S or the longer XLS version). The titanium tip has better thermal properties, better airflow, and (IMO) better taste than the stainless steel M tip. And the spinning mouthpiece makes it much easier to spin while heating, and feels better in the mouth. The M will do just fine as an entry level vapcap, but you may find yourself wanting a nice wood piece later on anyway lol.

So there's my :2c:. I wish you well on your vape journey. You've already done well coming to FC for advice. Lots of friendly people here with more vaporizer experience than is probably good for them. :lol:

Let us know how it works out.

:peace:

wiz4769

The trick to trying out vaping is to not grab some cheap crappy no cloud making unit and think , well that sucked and go back to burning. Yet you dont want to get crazy and buy the best damn vape on the planet and find out its not for you....I was like this just a couple weeks ago. I would suggest you get a vapcap like I did. Cheapest real vape you can get pretty much that works like a champ and if you do stay with it, will last you a lifetime. And if it doesnt work out, you tossed $50 worse case to learn you dont care for vaping.

Top Bottom