What would be the best, cheapest butane for an Iolite?

StickyShisha2

that is the only kind i use.
i get those cans for $6.00 at my local pipe shop. The other place i bought them they were $6.99 each.
i got a case from at $4.00 each.

StickyShisha2,

mr.mushroom

i recently purcased an iolite vaporizer and LOVE it. ive been using general RONSON brand butane that doesnt say it has been refined. is there really a big risk that it will fuck up my iolite or is that just exageration? thanku for anybodies answers i appreciate the help:D

mr.mushroom,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yes... crappy butane will mess up your Iolite. Over the long run it will slowly choke your IO into not working. Get the good stuff. Your Iolite will love you for it.

Welcome too FC... this question would be more suited in either the Iolite thread or posted in the Ask FC

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
I used several cans of Ronson with no problem when I first got the iolite. The unit has built in filter for impurities. In the long run, I'd go for some 3-5 times refined fuel. For some reason, the Ronson sold in the UK and Europe is recommended, and is supposedly more refined than the same product sold in the US. Doesn't make much sense to me, but that seems to be the prevailing opinion. Since the Ronson I find locally is sky high in price, it pays to get something like Vector anyway. Cigarsforless.com has it for a good price.

max,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
While I know it seems tedious, read the whole Iolite thread: many many folks have found that their unit functions better with something other than Ronson. I changed from Ronson as the horror stories mounted. It is not worth it to chance a a working Iolite against saving a few dollars on fuel.

macbill,

pipsizza

Hi there,

Just bought an Iolite and went out hunting for some butane to fill it with. I tried quite a few shops and couldn't find any of the listed brands.

I did however find a butane in Maplin that is recommended for use in turbo flame lighters as it has zero impurities, would this be ideal?

Thanks!

P.S I keep hearing that Ronson is crap but it's still listed as one to use?

pipsizza,

Vaporlove

I'm using a butane brand called Colibri I believe, and it works just fine (wanted to say great, but I really can't, since I can't compare my Iolite experience with others ...). Other members have lots more knowledge than I do, but in my opinion, if no other brand of butane is available, then just look for something with zero impurities and try it out. I found mine in a cigar store and it's also supposedly used for torch lighters. Like I said, works just fine and has the zero impurities stamp on it. Hope this helps.

Vaporlove,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Colibri is very refined and I use that myself for travel as the bottles are small.

I haven't heard of Maplin, not sure where you're located either. Ronson in the USA is CRAP! In Europe the Ronson they get is not so crappy from what I hear!

Read the Maplin can to see if it mentions Quintuple Refined, that is a good sign if it's very refined.

Lo,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
colibri is definitely a great travel size option. for general use, vector is the way to go. took me a couple weeks to find it locally. before that, i simply ordered it online from a cigar shop in arizona. (mdcigars.com) cheap!:brow: i recommend ordering a couple cans

moodswing,
Top Bottom