What was your first experience with vaping?

zmtlka

Oh man, it was back in 2009.

I had just purchased the Arizer Extreme... the next day as it happened I got back home really early (around 11AM) and thought ... hey... I was gonna wait until Friday to try this thing (this wasmid-week) but what if I just vaporize these here stems.. and maybe a tiny bit of bud too...

.. before I knew it I was completely stoned at noon and totally sold on vaporization :)

zmtlka,

jimbo

winterize
My first vaping experience was with the Iolite (January 2010), I got nicely fried and my lungs didn't feel like someone took a shit in them. Decided I'd much rather vape than smoke. About a month later I got the SSV and it took vaping to whole new level, loved the big hits! After that I was hooked, picked up a Woodeez, VG, PD, Supreme and MFLB and currently waiting for the VXC. I've only combusted 5 times over the past year and a half and the last time was back in October, just don't enjoy it near as much as a vaping.

jimbo,

los

i tried vaping a few years back at my cousins house, she had one and was praising it so i gave it a go, it was alright but you had to plug it in, wait for it to heat up, hold it a certain way(im a K.I.S.S. type of person) and im always on the go......it just wasnt practical for me.

a couple of months back i get handed this lil wooden box and they tell me to hit it, im like hit what? its a fuking lil wooden box, i really thought they were trying to fuk with me......like i was gonna get electrocuted or something.....they gave me tips on how to vape and after my first hit i was sold that mflb stole my heart what blew me away even further was the amount it took to get me where i like....changed my life :D

los,

dorkus_molorkus

my 1st vape was less than 2weeks ago. I'd never heard of vaping till I found this site on a thursday, ordered a herbalaire the next day, and was having my 1st vape 9am monday.

I love it. still combusting a little, having some trouble making the total adjustment, but overall it rocks.

One of the best purchases I have ever made. very easy to use, several methods of delivery (I didnt know which method I would like best, so it was good to have a unit with choices)
When i was reading about vaping, many peeps mentioned the taste of the herb they got from the vape.
I sorta thought 'big deal', I m sure nice tasting herb is nice, but I just want the herb to work as well as possible, and as much as possible. I never even thought taste was that important.
OMG, the taste from vaping is amazing! I never in my wildest dreams thought that herb could taste so good.

One thing tho, I find at times, towards the end of the day/ evening ( I vape all day), it makes me cough, and I mean really cough.
Its a bit hard from my wifes perspective to understand how I could spend $250 essentially (in her mind) on a 'bong' that I sold her on via the health benefits & the lower consumption rate. When I cough like a motherfucker & I am using the same amount as always. (I love my vape so much I have been hitting it pretty hard & therefore using a fair bit, and let me tell you the days are just whizzing by & not very much is being achieved productivity wise. lol)

Now, I am saving for the Cloud.

In the last 2 weeks not only have i discovered vaping, I have researched & made a small batch of BHO (not a great result, but lots of fun. science is fun isnt it?), have also found a top recipe for brownies & golden dragon for use with the AVB & really wanna have a go at some bubble bags as well.

This site is the bomb, along with some other really good ones out there as well.
I have learnt so much here & trying all these new things is good fun.
bit like a kid in a lolly shop.

Egzoset

Banned
Hi Dorkus Molorkus,

I guess it's true to say that we don't all react the same. Coughing was the reason i had to quit smoking hashish definitely many years ago and i sure wouldn't have expected, even in my wildest dreams, to be able to consume active cannabis substances again. But i was lucky to discover the vaporizing concept last fall and then, bingo!!!

:o

My initiation to vaporism was relatively short but intense: 10 days non-stop using an HerbalAire. I don't recall coughing from vapor like i used to when i was a smoker. Though i did happen to notice that i had some sort of an long forgotten smoker reflex coming back: it was like only the top of my lungs could absorb the vapor at some point, because of an automotive defense reaction i guess. I don't know nothing for sure, perhaps it's no reflex after all. Go figure!

For that reason i planned to experiment with a 3-way water toy i've built to evaluate a combination of water filtering and humidifying. That experiment didn't take place for domestic reasons i won't explain now but my comment would go as follows: maybe you should consider relaxation vs acquired reflexes, maybe it's simply a matter of water conditioning.

:peace:

Egzoset,

dorkus_molorkus

Hi Egzoset,

I think the water filtration/conditioning mightbe the go. But the HA seems like it might not adapt too well to a water bong. I really want a glass bong to be able to just pick up the HA and jam it into the stem & ripp away. But I dont even know where to start on organizing the right one. There no good bongshops where I live, and sure I can order online, but I have no idea what to buy & dont wanna take the chance on getting the wrong one.

I might go and ask on the HA thread.

dorkus_molorkus,

forlorn1

the first time i hit a vape was from a cheap wooden box one that my friend had. i remember taking a hit and thinking "wow, this tastes great!" it was like an explosion of pot flavor in my mouth! i was sold on the spot.

forlorn1,

gobbly

Hard to believe it's been over 10 years...

My first time was with a heat gun and dry bong. Friend showed me how to use it, and after blowing the first bowl all over the floor I figured out how to get a hit. Not much has changed, still hooked on the heat gun (with the iolite for out-and-about). If you already have a bong it's one of the cheaper vape methods, and I've used about every vaper out there and nothing, even the volcano everyone raves about, even comes close :)

gobbly,

gobbly

dorkus_molorkus said:
One thing tho, I find at times, towards the end of the day/ evening ( I vape all day), it makes me cough, and I mean really cough.
Its a bit hard from my wifes perspective to understand how I could spend $250 essentially (in her mind) on a 'bong' that I sold her on via the health benefits & the lower consumption rate. When I cough like a motherfucker & I am using the same amount as always. (I love my vape so much I have been hitting it pretty hard & therefore using a fair bit, and let me tell you the days are just whizzing by & not very much is being achieved productivity wise. lol)

I'm not sure I'd see this as terrible. Many of the things that cause lung problems (cancers mostly) are things that aren't necessarily making us cough. I smoked cigs for 20 years, and never really coughed much till a month or so after I quit. I certainly didn't suspect the lack of cigs as being unhealthy, and this reaction is fairly common in long term smokers who quit, like you are finally giving your lungs a chance to purge the years of abuse :) I'm not aware of anyone (who knows what they are talking about at least) who claims that vaping is 100% safe in every regard. Frankly, there isn't enough statistically significant research in this area, but there is little question that it is much less harmful than smoking, if only for the fact that most of the carbon remains in the bowl you tap out :)

Oh, also, you might be vaping on the warm side. My experience is that many people vape far above the thc vape point to get other cannabinoids, or more visible smoke, or a better throat hit, or whatever. The higher you turn it, the more of the substances will vape, or possibly even combust. THC itself vapes under 375f, I see most people setting theirs over 400, some as high as 450-475. Lower temps will reduce visible vapor though, so it's all trade-off's :)

gobbly,

Qbit

cannabanana
2002 with my first vape - a piece-of-shit BC-style unit. But it did the trick.

Qbit,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
It was at Reggae On the River 1995. This guy had a booth set up, and he was selling "the Mistifier" which was a heat gun powered setup. Basically it blew hot air through the herb into a jar that had a hose sticking out of it, and it blew tasty vapor directly into your mouth. Needless to say, there was quite a crowd gathered around his booth all weekend long. I made my way by there several times throughout the weekend, and ended up just wanting more. It tasted so good! Up to that point in my life, I had never even heard of vaporizing or had any idea what it was. The memory of that first vape exerience stuck with me, and the first thing I looked for at that festival the next year was the mistifier booth. Imagine my disapointment when he wasn't there. So I stuck with combustion for a few more years, until I saw a vapor bros at my local head shop several years later. Well, I snatched that thing up quick, and haven't looked back since! Now I have an arsenal of vapes! I'm the only pothead I know that doesn't smoke! Luv it!

weirdscience1

I just wanted to say to everyone who has shared there 1st Vapor Moment and replied to this,Thank You!
Stay green,
Z

weirdscience1,

Squonk

Hi all, i'm new here and wanted to say hello to everybody.

My first vaping was like a year ago. I learned that vaping was not as harmful as compare to smoking.

I haven't touched weeds for like some 20 years, so I decided to build a light bulb vaporizer from youtubes video.

The buzz I got was ... very good:lol: and I was very happy that I could use MJ again. My asthma made me stop smoking years ago, and I always taught that if I could use MJ without the smoke that I would start again.

After 4 or 5 times my bulb cracked due to heat. I then built my homemade vaporizer using a halogen lamp and an EQ cyclone bowl.

After many experimentation and help from this forum and others I am very satisfied with my homade vape.

Cheers!:peace:
Squonk

Squonk,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Sadly, my first experience involved a lightbulb. But it didn't take, because of the whole crackhead image.

I think the first vape I bought was a Kia. Got it cheap off ebay. It's a great box unit; self-contained and all. I think it's in a cupboard somewhere at my mother's house.

Orestes,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
lol in high school i tried to make one from a soldiering iron and mason jar - never did get that shit to work right. :lol: :lol:

About a year ago I ordered the MFLB, and later was given the Zephyr to do some work for the company (we all know how that went :()and I haven't looked back since. It was the 'tasty weed' factor and the fact that I have more control over the effect has allowed me to truly utilize cannabis as my mood regulator in a way that i never could before. Friends are blown away when their stuff tastes like froot loops or the actual name of the strain :)

I've only combusted a few times since then with friends and it was nasty tasting. Goodbye soggy joints or blunts that burn your fingers (i've never been a joint girl anyway), smelly bong water, ashes, coughing and that odor that sticks on you and screams "POTHEAD" from across a room. Hello ABV, tasty vapor and the ability to go clearheaded or couch lock with the same device. Vaping is a clear WIN!

herbgirl,

weirdscience1

herbgirl said:
lol in high school i tried to make one from a soldiering iron and mason jar - never did get that shit to work right. :lol: :lol:

About a year ago I ordered the MFLB, and later was given the Zephyr to do some work for the company (we all know how that went :()and I haven't looked back since. It was the 'tasty weed' factor and the fact that I have more control over the effect has allowed me to truly utilize cannabis as my mood regulator in a way that i never could before. Friends are blown away when their stuff tastes like froot loops or the actual name of the strain :)

I've only combusted a few times since then with friends and it was nasty tasting. Goodbye soggy joints or blunts that burn your fingers (i've never been a joint girl anyway), smelly bong water, ashes, coughing and that odor that sticks on you and screams "POTHEAD" from across a room. Hello ABV, tasty vapor and the ability to go clearheaded or couch lock with the same device. Vaping is a clear WIN!
Herbgirl,

There are truly many benefits to Vaporizing,and When I do Have to Combust,I'd rather it be for Hash,personally,but hey thats maybe just me.
I enjot the MFLB as well,cool invention,did you get the adapter charger?I have just the Batteries and charger.
Stay Green,
z

weirdscience1,

greystr0ke

My first time came as bit of a surprise. Two of my best friends and I were about to go on a Road trip to Georgia to visit our friend about 5 years ago. They had mentioned a surprise but really didn't tell me about it until we were on the road. After getting on the Turnpike and driving for a bit, they decided to unveil the surprise. It happened to be the Supreme Vaporizer! I had volunteered to drive for the first part or until we got out of Florida and I definitely needed to blaze. They pulled this bad boy and started explaining to me how it works. Before I knew it, they were torching the heating element and passing me a tube to inhale from. I began pulling and didn't feel anything and was about to tell them that I don't think it worked. I then exhaled a huge cloud of vapor and couldn't believe it. We finished the session and I was still continuing to drive. I was still skeptical though cause I wasn't feeling a damn thing. They kept telling me to wait cause it's gonna sneak up on you. About five minutes went by and then BAM!!!! I was speechless and hooked from then on. Needless to say, it was an awesome trip.

greystr0ke,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My very first experience with vaping was actually when I was about nine. During the summer months in suburban Long Island trucks routinely traveled through the neighborhoods spraying DDT to fend off mosquitoes. My mother used to yell at me to stop but I used to love riding my bike behind the trucks to "play in the fog." My friends and I used to call it the "smoke truck" and we used to race into it, do bike tricks inside the fog, etc. I remember coughing and a mild headache but when we saw the smoke truck we went apeshit; it was a special bonus.

I'm 56 and in very good health - Still, I often wonder if I have anything to worry about for the long term..

jeffp,

chimpybits

I became interested in vaporizing when I learned of the health benefits vs smoking. Mentioned this to a friend who then whipped out his old glass jar BC Vape knock off. Got a nice buzz and inspired to research and buy.

Pretty much got all my research needs taking care of on this forum. I pretty much decided on the PD, but in the end decided I need to experiment with temperatures first so picked up the SSV a couple of days ago. It has been great so far. The first night was fun, but definitely amateur hour. The second night was a big impreovement as I was able to get a very nice high, euphoric and relaxed high - which for me is very rare when toking (starting low temps and increasing using the previous night's duff). Third night is tonight and I'm gonna try to abstain or moderate. Yep I like it. (I suspect I'll be picking up the MFLB as I think it is the best looking and coolest vape device out there).

chimpybits,

Nycdeisel

Im not sure what my motive was for this, and I knew it was a bad idea, but it was made with a lightbulb :uhoh:

I tried that once and threw it out and told myself to get a real vaporizer, soon I had a VB handsfree, that lasted for quite a while, but it was still on and off between that and smoking. my VB got broken and I decided I wanted something different and from there you know how it went.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Never did the lightbulb experiment but what convinced me to spend more than $10 on a vaporizer (Ubie) was watching instructional videos by this guy who goes by the name TokinGLX for the SSV. They were as funny and enjoyable to watch as they were informative. I had to have one. A week after I ordered one the UPS guy was at my door with TWO SSVs. Both had my address on the boxes but one had someone else's name. They made a mistake with the order processing. I gave the wrong one back to the UPS guy and emailed 7th Floor.
Really didn't know what I was doing - it took a few minutes to figure out that I have to mate the wand to the heater. But that's not so bad. When I was in 7th grade for gym class we had to buy jock straps I had no idea what that was about either and in the locker room the next day I put it on backwards. The only way I was going to reclaim any respect among my classmates was to start a fight with someone and win. Sort of like prison but this was Jr. High. Following my purchase of the SSV I stumbled onto FC and not only got a fuller picture but I think down the line I've contributed some useful info to beginners as well.

jeffp,
Reactions: crawdad

SD_haze

My first time vaporizing was the first time i had bonafied, straight from the dispensary, medical marijuana topshelf flowers too.

Green Crack & an EasyVape

Long since ditched the china crapmachines but been in love with vapor ever since

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Lol of course I know who Tokin is! I watch his dailies almost all the time, i really have grown fond of his show, as well as the CCC(if ya dont know, find TheCCC on YouTube, tons of dank buds and hash and tons of eeerl smoking(yea its smoke, but its the only kinda smoke I can gte into)

I wish Tokin showed more vapor on his show though he just did recently, he says the viewers want to see smoke but I dont! I remember the Tokinsvapes site where he sold for 7th Floor a long time ago.

Nycdeisel,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
First time vaping was I believe in 11th grade during a lunch break. My friend had just gotten a cheap china box vape and us and a couple other people went into his basement to try it out. I know now that I was probably breathing in lead and who knows what else but I will say I got very very vaked. Rode the bus to BOCES after and it felt like I was tripping! :ko:

Ripbongs420,

vapordude

my first time was watching an episode of "manswers" where they talked about what was the best way to get the most from your herbs. a buddy said"go google how to make a vaporizer" i returned 30 min later with a lightbulb vape. lol soon i made another homemade vape using metal pipe parts. then i got an Easy Vape which was cool for a week before it broke. i got a woodzee last year and a used SSV on craigslist back in march. i have converted 3 people to vaping and counting.

vapordude,
Top Bottom