• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What to do with 5 oz of ABV??

Bouldorado

I'd turn the rest of the abv into butter/coconut oil and bake something with it. Chocolate flavored goods hide the taste pretty well. Doing a QIWSO/QWET run could make your oil stronger but in my experience it doesn't improve taste very much.

grokit

well-worn member
That's what I do if I have a bunch of trim, decarb it, mix with abv and make butter/oil out of it. But the abv had outpaced the trim so I did the everclear thing cuz I don't always have flowers available.

I like the tincture I came up with, I slept well and woke up with low inflammation so that's good. The honey makes it a little sticky but it still works with an eyedropper bottle.

But I will make the dabbing stuff a bit differently next time, as I reduce it I will add some water at the end to make sure all the alcohol is burnt off for a cleaner taste. Although I do think the little bit in there adds to the buzz, alcohol buzzes aren't really that enjoyable for me these days even if I don't have to drink it.

That's why I have only used my vaportini once after all :mental:

I might even heat the dabbing stuff up again and see if I can clean it up a bit more, as you said if I screw it up I can always make something to eat with it.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Made some real potent coffee cake that came out beautiful, moist and delicious.
Ran 2oz ABV into about 4 sticks of Butter, and used it all on this one cake:D

I still have oz.s left. This was the best batch I made yet, I might do again or try something new with the rest...

I appreciate all the suggestions y'all!

sundrk

has anyone tried capping it in the big 00 caps and just swallowing hole? You could also mix it with cocoanut oil/butter and cap that

sundrk,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have heard of persons doing that, but I have not tried it... Sounds like an easy, no mess way of getting the meds into your system.

FlyingLow,

Billtronics

Slacker Extraordinaire
I have tried myself and sampled the many ways one can create edibles using ABV and like it was said earlier in the post, I have found that peanut butter and cinnamon almost completely mask the taste of the ABV. So far, it has been my favorite edible variety and technique. My process creates peanut butter cinnamon cookies. Here's what I do:

Take at least 70 grams or more of ABV (more ABV just means stronger cookies), make sure it is very well ground, and place it in either a very large fully sealable water tight Mason Jar or in a Oven Bag. In that same mason jar or oven bag I pour in just over a cup (9 ozs or so) of liquid coconut oil. Now, coconut oil is solid at room temps, so I just place the container of oil in a big bowl of hot water. It will liquify in a few minutes. Once the oil is added, screw on the Mason Jar top very tightly.

Or if using the oven bag, tie off the open end into a knot. Make sure you tie the knot lower down, closer to the ABV/oil mix not near the end of the bag. This keeps the oil and ABV together and gives you extra space on the bag which you will need. Then, tie the end of the bag to the middle of a long wooden spoon, so that ABV/oil mix hangs below the wooden spoon , sorta making a T shape.

Next get a very large stock pan or large soup pan ( at least 12+ qts or larger) and fill it with water. Boil the water in the pot. Once it is boiling, Place the fully sealed mason jar into the water and it should float. You want to make sure you keep enough water in the pot to allow the jar to float freely.

If you are using the oven bag, place the wood spoon across the top of the pan which will suspend the dangling ABV/oil pouch in the boiling water. Keep the water level high enough that the ABV/oil is always fully immersed in the boiling water.

I boil the bag/jar for 4 hours. Then let it cool enough that you can handle the jar or bag. You dont want to wait too long and have the coconut oil solidify. Then I take an old CLEANED t-shirt and cut it into squares about 6 inches square. I make about 4 or 5 of them. Then place those squares over a large coffee mug or other wide mouthed cylindrical container. Pour the oil/ABV mix over the squares and strain the oil out of the ABV. I twist the corners together to make a pouch and continue twisting and squeezing to get as much oil extracted from the ABV as possible. Continue using your squares until you have strained as much oil from the ABV as possible. You should be left with almost 1 cup of canna-oil. Take that mug or container and freeze the canna-oil overnight or at least 12 hours.

Then take it out of the freezer and place it in a bowl of hot water to re-liquify it.

Then follow this recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/PEANUT-BUTTER-COOKIES-MADE-WITH-COCONUT-OIL-50022250

I bake the cookies no higher than 325 degrees F. The recipe makes about 4 dozen or so cookies, so you'll have a lot to eat if you make them all. I also cover the cookies with Hershey's chocolate to make them super tasty. Only eat 1 or 2 at a time and wait 2 -3 hours before eating more.

Alternatively, you can also just roll the dough up into a cylinder shapes and freeze it in separately wrapped vacuum sealed packages. Then you can make these cookies whenever you want and the dough lasts for at least a year in the freezer. I have a dozen in the freezer at all times. Just take the roll out, cut em with a large knife and pop 'em in the oven.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I find that edibles made from ABV are great for sleep. More CBD left than THC, I think. Once I get an ounce or so I make a pound of butter or oil.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I think 1oz ABV / lb of butter is a good starting point for trying edibles.

I am a bit more concentrated now, getting out about 10-12 ounces of butter from 1oz ABV.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Bezerkben

Cause ice cold was the only way I could stomach it!

....sitting in the freezer probably has little affect on the quality as far as I know.

putting it in the freezer also allows for the left over crystals and tricombs to fall off easier.

Bezerkben,

Bezerkben

It's good for a nightcap, not great flavor but not horrible. I can taste a trace of ethanol which perhaps adds to the effect. I'll probably end up re-hydrating half of it to cook/ingest for now at least.

if you haven't already, next time try cooking off the alcohol/ reduce the liquor before you add it to the oil... the more you reduce the liquor the more intense the flavour will be(adding a small amount of butter with give it better mouth fell)... i don't know if this will help. luk if you try it.

Top Bottom