What to do when you run out?

I use MJ for anxiety and depression and it wroks great until I run out. This morning I didn't have any and the morning started out with a panic attack and ended with me throwing my microwave threw a window and puching holes in the walls. I also lose my appetite when I don't have anything to smoke or vape and don't eat, so in turn I don't take my other meds. I don't live in a med state, so supply is a huge problem, but even when it is around I can't always afford what I need. I need about an 1/8th to 1/4 of kind a day to just be normal, and it is just adding more stress on to me trying to maintain a stash. So what to do? I've tried growing, but with the light bill and all the supplies it is still crazy expensive and everyone is scared of getting busted. I use this to take the way stress away, but it seems to cause as much as it helps at the moment.

SpaceKracker,
Reactions: FutureDoc

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you keep your ABV ? :)
Do you harvest reclaim/wand hash of your glass/tubing ?

Abysmal Vapor,
I smoked all of my wand hash over the last few days.. I've got a few onces of avb. I was revaping an ounce of avb from my underdog at a higher temp in another vape, it wasn't getting me high but it was knocking the edge off. The problem is that it tastes terrible and it's really easy to combust because it's so dry and has to be blasted at top temp just to get anything. I gave up on it just because it is gross.

I usually make edibles out of abv, but I only take them to go to sleep. I can't go to work on edibles. I'm starting to wonder if the positives I get from mj are worth the negatives of not having it all the time. I went through a half pound of mid grade brick in about a month (granted I'm not the only one smoking on it), and it is just crazy what I need to be happy. It doesn't get me goofy, red-eye high like everyone else, it just calms me enough to deal with everything and not freak out .

SpaceKracker,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I also need my meds daily and get pretty heated if im without, so i keep a constant stash of backup herbs, ABV, keif, and various jars of reclaim. They stay exclusively for when im out. Every now and then ill add a little to the stash. They also make great herb to bust out at a party or something where you dont want to blaze thru all your premium buds.

There might be some areas you can still get some reclaim from, like a grinder or stash jar can be cleaned and leave some reclaim to smoke. Also consider turning the AbV into QWISO which may give you a bit more potent oil than the ABV alone. Maybe all THC that can be extacted by a vaporizer may be gone from your ABV, have you tried combusting it? Roll you up a king kong blunt of ABV and see how that does ya.

The best advice i can give when running out effects you like it does, is dont run out. Make an emergency stash and keep it well supplied.

YoGranMazPimp,
I usually buy by the 1/4 pound so keeping a stash is kind of silly. Even if I do stash a 1/4 it will only last a day and sometimes it takes weeks to re-up.

Premium bud? I live in florida so I can only get that every now and then. If I was in a medical state I would have a stash of hash and three or four back up strains, but good smoke is so rare around here it get's blazed or vaped as soon as I get it.

Not to mention I just get frustrated messing with abv and reclaim when I don't have any good green. I ended up getting pissed and smashing the piece the I'm trying to clean. I also refuse to combust abv unless I have hash to throw on it. Might as well not even bother with vaporizing if you do that,.

SpaceKracker,

djonkoman

I never run out. not since I started smoking I can remember a moment I was reaaly without(with the exception being vacations when I wasn't at home)
there have been times when I thought I was without, but I always discover some old half-forgotten stashes.

I don't go trough that much tough, I do grow, but my last grow failed(mostly due to slugs, but also a failed experiment, mulching, and a shitty year for growing), so now I have to buy for a year(I only grow outdoor), so I limit it now. I do miss my own harvest, , when I had my own harvest I never had to restock and had plenty the entire year, and I could share abundantly too. if I would gop somewhere expecting to smoke I would always take aboyt 3 times as much as I expected to go trough just to have backup
and the added benefit of growing is that when aproaching the end of your suply you remember all kinds of stashes that at the time weren't si important since you had plenty of other weed. for ecample once I thought I only had a few grams left, then finally I decided to just smoke it all since keeping it for a special ocassion or stretching it would just cause it to ly there endlessly(this was when I didn't vape daily yet)
then opened the box, and found a few branches where I expected just a few buds. spent the next 3 weeks 24/7 high, was a nice sativa so I was active and a bit giggly for 3 weeks. and was nice summerweather so went well together.
and then a while after that was gone, I decided to see if there was maybe still a bud or 2 on the floor of my drying area, I look around a bit and gather about a handfull of buds. while after that the next harvest was ready

also growing your own you have more liberty choosing the strain, you know everything that goes in, and it feels already better knowing you grew it yourself. and if you grow outdoor you can limit the risk more as indoor(altough my previous grows have just been in the backyard, this year not anymore tough, this year will be guerilla)

djonkoman,

fidget

I'm sorry but if you "need" a quarter a day then you're doing something wrong.
Work on lowering your tolerance.

fidget,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I'm sorry but if you "need" a quarter a day then you're doing something wrong.
Work on lowering your tolerance.

I thought that at first also, but...not sure if you can say that safely without knowing exactly what his needs are.

For instance, just from one perspective...if the "kind" he gets is about 5% THC as opposed to 20% or more (how many people on here are used to)...then he needs 4 times more than what some people on here might have, every day. In that context - that would be less than 2 grams a day, not 1/4 ounce. So in that case, someone will need more.

My suggestion would be to invest in the future and sprinkle seeds somewhere. It's a weed so it will grow. Florida is the perfect environment (it seems) being tropical and all. When I visited one of my ex-girlfriends uncle in Florida, he had it growing on his front porch. Ballsy, yeah, but I think you get the point :)

sessnet,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Premium bud? I live in florida so I can only get that every now and then. If I was in a medical state I would have a stash of hash and three or four back up strains, but good smoke is so rare around here it get's blazed or vaped as soon as I get it.

You're right. Premium cannabis is really difficult to find here in Florida. So, why do you blow through it so fast then? Why not use less so you have it more often?

I never run out of premium cannabis and hash, but I also use tiny amounts to get where I need to be. I am able to get medicated everyday, several times a day, and I don't run out. :shrug:

Vicki,
I don't own any property so it's really hard to grow around here. When I do pull a grow off it is usually about a couple months worth, and it usually only works indoors. The pests down here will eat anything, nemotodes get most of the outdoor stuff. If I'm getting medical grade from a dispincary I only use a couple grams a day, but usually all we can get is flat mexican weed that isn't nearly as strong. Keep in mind a 1/4 ounce cost what a gram of dank costs and a 1/4 pound costs lesss than an ounce of highgrade. Your paying for about the same amount of thc.

SpaceKracker,
If I can only get really good weed once or twice a year there is no way I could buy enough to last all year. I can only get hash once every couple of years here unless I make it myself. The best bet is when I can sell it and then I always have some, but connections dry up.

Tropical is not the best for growing most high grade strains. Pests everywhere, humidity so high it molds, and somewhere above 90 degrees the growth rates slow way down.

SpaceKracker,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Maybe you could take something to calm you a bit, from conventional meds. To help at least the ansiety and whatnot..

And always try to keep a reserve stash, for as long as possible and as often as possible.

You have many disadvantages over there, but if you do a little of everything, the dry times won't happen so often and so badly. ;)

vorrange,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I don't grow either. I only use about 2 grams a week now. It just takes some discipline to use less.

Vicki,
Oh it's cool. I scored, and I had a few friends that helped me out. There is no way I could stretch two grams for a week and stay high the whole time. Of course my "sessions" don't normally stop while I'm at home. The only time I really stop is when I am working or something.

SpaceKracker,
Reactions: sessnet

djonkoman

even if you have a lot of pests, that's part of the challenge, plenty of pests for veggies too. but problems are there to be solved

my climate isn't ideal either, our days are too long in fall for indoorstrains, and in fall around harvest time is the wettest/most humid period, so also susceptible for mold here.
but there are strains with better moldresistance, and around here it also works to grow earlier strains that are ready before the wettest period begins.
more airy buds are also better resistant against mold, maybe lower bagappeal but better something of good quality but not so good bagappeal than nothing. (and personally I also like the foxtail-look)
in the area of pests we have slugs here. but slugs can be fought against, so I would think there are slutions for your pests too. and you can always calculate in the loss and plant more.

but that's just me, they claim weed is addictive but the growing is far more addictive to me:p

but that's just me, they claim weed is addictive but the growing is far more addictive to me:p

I'm the same way. I love harvesting mondo colas, and the our long growing season does produce some monsters outdoors. Need to get on some gorilla spots here soon, already got the beans.

The autoflowers are nice this time of year too, not as potent, but you get an early crop and the ones crossed with AK and SD have produced some pretty potent buds for me.

SpaceKracker,
Reactions: al bundy

djonkoman

I have some autoflowers to try too, have 5 blueberry auto wich I want to make seeds with, 6 or 7 AK47 auto, and 3 thaipan 2.0. especially the thaipan 2.0 is interesting, it's supposed to be a pure landrace thai, but akso autoflower, so an autoflower not based on lowrider. so it also hasn't lowrider's susceptibiity to mold.
I had 20 beans of it, but during my failed grow last year I also lost most of those. think it would be great to cross those to some sativa landraces to make autoflower versions of them.
the females of that thaipan can flower pretty long tough, so it also gets bigger as most autoflowers

I especially love seeing the progress my plants go trough, from those tiny sprouts into beautifull mature ladies.

djonkoman,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another question I have is - What are you using as your delivery vape? The UD? An SSV? A tin can?

IMO this can make ALL of the difference in the world for your end 'high' and the rate in which you blaze your material.

My VG and my LB are pretty much my go to's, but (IME) my LB gets me WAY higher on WAY less than my VG. My VG is great when I am in a hurry, or just plain want big ole clouds and a 'feeling' of 'yeah, Im getting ripped faster' - At the cost of using 2-3 times as much as my LB.

My LB takes much more time (and patience) to get a trench to vapey completion (with little to no visible vapor) But by the time I am ready to pack the next trench (after a couple) It all of a sudden hits me as to HOW medicated I truly am. It is very rare that I feel like this with my VG. (I could pack that thing all day long) :D

Good luck bro... Being on edge because you are without is not a nice place to be.
Now back to my regularly scheduled Lexapro. (Already coursing through my veins)

AGBeer,
Reactions: Vicki
I was using the UD as my daily driver, but the quality of what I got is way, way down so I went back to smoking joints just so I get some high out of it. I found some good kind, but don't have the money to buy any right now. People don't mess with selling grams down here, so I would need at least $100 to get a quarter.

This shit just pisses me off. I have to figure out a way to move to a med state and be involved in the cana business because I could never afford what I really need. What it comes down too is this plant (and that is all it is) cost WAY to fucking much.

This shit I got now doesn't even get me high.

SpaceKracker,

djonkoman

yes it's ridiculously expensive for a simple plant that grows easy, fast and yields good... but that's what you get with illegality
Im sure that if it woyuld be legal, and you don't count taxes, it would be really cheap

djonkoman,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
So, you smoke a quarter ounce a day, which cost you $100, and that doesn't get you high?

sessnet,
A quarter ounce of shitty weeed only cost $25

I go threw an 1/8 of kind $50 a day when I have the money and can find it. If it's a good strain and grown right it get's me totally fucked up, but finding/haveing enough money is impossible to accomplish allof the time.

I was saying I only had $40 bucks and it wasn't enough to even get a bag of kind. I'm not going to call someone who has to call someone for two grams.

SpaceKracker,

djonkoman

that really is a lot of money, if I vape weed I go trough about 10 euro in an average week(if it's a free week or one with birthdays from friends/parties/etc it can be more)
and with hash it's even more economic, a while back when I only vaped hash for a while 10 euros worth of hash could last me 2-4 weeks

if I have my own harvest I go trough more, but if I have to buy like now I just keep my tolerance low, and keep it efficient.

djonkoman,
A gram of hash is usually $25 here. I could make it stretch a week if I had some herb to go with it.

A $10 bag of pretty much anything isn't going to last me more than a day. Hell a gram of kind is $20, no way I could make that last a week. I really enjoy smoking and vaping herb though.

SpaceKracker,
Top Bottom