What strains are good for Sleep Apnia?

little maggie

Thanks. I'm a mouthbreather the entire time I'm asleep- always have been. I'm going to buy the mask- hopefully I won't have to get something from my doctor to buy it because I'd have to go through the sleep clinic staff and it would be a hassle.

little maggie,

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
Thanks. I'm a mouthbreather the entire time I'm asleep- always have been. I'm going to buy the mask- hopefully I won't have to get something from my doctor to buy it because I'd have to go through the sleep clinic staff and it would be a hassle.

Makes you feel any better, any time I have to get anything new I have to go through the VAMC lol. Good ol' VA Healthcare. Yeah boy.

Ibn Vapin,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I had used a CPAP since the days of the 'Darth Vader' models, until I had extremely invasive reconstruction surgery for OSA in 2000. They don't tell you a it's a 10 on the pain scale until AFTER.
I don't need a CPAP now, but prior to this, had investigated a bunch of different masks, nasal pillows, etc.
A LOT of the problems folks have is the wrong kind of unit (thought most were getting auto-pap's these days), the wrong size or type of mask/nasal pillow/headgear, improper use of humidifier (and cleaning schedule!). There are two different type of dental appliances I'm familiar with, one is to change the position of your jaw/tongue to keep the airway open (some folks love 'em, some folks, not so much)... and the type that attaches to a CPAP and rather than using the nasal passages/sinuses to direct the column of air down the throat to keep it open, it directs the column of air through the the biteguard mouthpiece (convenient in that it bypasses stuff for folks with bad allergies and other nasal issues). Many will want to look into the hose insulators to keep condensate from forming in the tubes in a cold room.

looney2nz,
Reactions: Ibn Vapin

hafalump

Also, if you are trying CPAP and still waking, the pressure maybe too low.
Can't fall asleep, pressure maybe too high.

Keep trying
Find the sweet spot
Madhya

hafalump,

wkndwarrior

I have a relative with sleep apnia who has some concentrated oil and has tried various things. I will say one thing to look at (as alternative and cheaper than CBD oil) is something called copaiba oil. Its supposed to work on similar receptors as cbd or something and is considered essential oil (not a cannabis product).

I think you just have to keep trying stuff but also rotating with sleep usage. I find lots of sleep aid solutions in general (OTC/essential oi/or otherwise) have two short of a half life and get you into a deep sleep for the first 30-60 minutes and then wear off quick.

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
While my experience is limited and this is not strain advice, I do want to say that after years of smoking cigarettes, I began experiencing the whole waking up in the middle of the night to gasp for air sensation (obviously quite a few of you know exactly what I'm talking about) but that's only part of the reason I eventually quit smoking. Anyways, I did quit smoking, went full blown vaper, and this issue has gone away entirely. My breathing isn't good, I wouldn't say, but it's not absolutely awful like it was and I no longer wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Vaping has quite literally made a world of difference for me. For reference, I do exercise daily by trekking miles through the woods or on the roads, making a point to run/jog here and there to get my lungs really going. This combination of exercise and switching from smoking to vaping has done wonders for me. Still not tip top shape here but I feel worlds better than I used to. That smoking will really kick your ass. Also, I am mainly referring to cigarettes, as I do still burn the occasional bowl or jay, but even that I've mostly given up in favor of vaping. Gotta have some really tasty nugs to rope me into a smoke sesh.

SillyHerbaloski,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
While my experience is limited and this is not strain advice, I do want to say that after years of smoking cigarettes, I began experiencing the whole waking up in the middle of the night to gasp for air sensation (obviously quite a few of you know exactly what I'm talking about) but that's only part of the reason I eventually quit smoking. Anyways, I did quit smoking, went full blown vaper, and this issue has gone away entirely. My breathing isn't good, I wouldn't say, but it's not absolutely awful like it was and I no longer wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Vaping has quite literally made a world of difference for me. For reference, I do exercise daily by trekking miles through the woods or on the roads, making a point to run/jog here and there to get my lungs really going. This combination of exercise and switching from smoking to vaping has done wonders for me. Still not tip top shape here but I feel worlds better than I used to. That smoking will really kick your ass. Also, I am mainly referring to cigarettes, as I do still burn the occasional bowl or jay, but even that I've mostly given up in favor of vaping. Gotta have some really tasty nugs to rope me into a smoke sesh.

Waking up gasping for air in the middle of the night is a classic symptom of obstructive sleep apnea.

I'd ask my doc about this. Even if it has improved since vaping.

Top Bottom