1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What strains are good for Sleep Apnia?

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by Kosherbubba, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

I keep hearing certain strains are good for sleep Apnia. Can anyone reccomend a good strain for sleep apnia.

2. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu Well-Known Member

Sorry to tell you, as a sleep apnea person myself, no strains improve sleep apnea.
    While it's true that cannabis may help you sleep, the breath interuptions due to apnea will not go away.
    In fact my pot Doctor begged me to use the Cpap machine for this very reason. In fact he was emphatic. Alas I tried but simply couldn't bear it...

3. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

Tried cpap machine once for 30 min. and I found it was actually harder to breath with the machine. Pychologically felt like I was in a hospital with a breathing tube. I will eventually just have to use it but for now trying to sleep on my side to avoid less disruptions. Just got a body pillow from costco for this reason.

4. sanfranciscosadhu

5. sanfranciscosadhu

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly and can only hope that the technology keeps developing to find a less intrusive solution.
    As it stands the "compliance rate" for people who have the device is less then 50 %.
    Sleeping on the side helps me quite a bit and for some loosing some weight seems to help. I'm actually a bit on the skinny side, so that's not my issue :-)

6. hafalump

hafalump Well-Known Member

Love my CPAP. It save my life. You need to tweak it to your needs, some trial and error,
    But that night you finally wake up feeling you slept for the first time in years :bowdown:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors