What STRAIN works the best for your condition?

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, i wouldn't say it quite makes me useless, mainly just that it doesn't boost my mood like i'm looking for. I lucked out yesterday and traded a gram for a gram with a buddy of mine. So now i have some OG Kush that makes a better salad. Maybe not the best possible medicine salad, but a little more "up" than the GDP alone.

now i just need to figure out how to pay for these car repairs and do it without having to make up the cash by not buying my medicine, not sure i could handle that.

I've heard good things about LA Confidential, i think referencing anxiety specifically. Definitely heard good things about herojuana, did i have some of that once?..., but i don't remember particulars. i usually just use leafly tho.

yeah:

My favorite for anxiety these days is LA confidential. Smoothest Vapor out of any strain I've tried, even at high temperatures. Love it during the day.

grokit

well-worn member
:D Did somebody say "herojuana"?

July-3-Herojuana-Indica001.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Raspberry kush today, woke up with a medium migraine. Worked fantastic, will leave some in case of emergency. Definitely recommended.
Kush strains I love.
I need to get some RASPBERRY KUSH!
I had some SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH that was amazing!
Can't find it anymore!

LA CONFIDENTIAL I want to try!

I got three different strains:
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (original) powerful I handle during the day.
Girl Scout Cookies, or GSC, is an OG Kush and Durban Poison hybrid cross whose reputation grew too large to stay within the borders of its California homeland. With a sweet and earthy aroma, Girl Scout Cookies launches you to euphoria’s top floor where full-body relaxation meets a time-bending cerebral space. A little goes a long way with this hybrid, whose THC heights have won Girl Scout Cookies numerous Cannabis Cup awards. Patients needing a strong dose of relief, however, may look to GSC for severe pain, nausea, and appetite loss.

There are several different phenotypes of the Girl Scout Cookies strain including Thin Mint and Platinum Cookies, which exhibit some variation in appearance and effect. Typically, however, Girl Scout Cookies expresses its beauty in twisting green calyxes wrapped in purple leaves and fiery orange hairs. Patients and consumers looking to cultivate this cannabis staple themselves should wait 9 to 10 weeks for their indoor plants to finish flowering.
girl-scout-cookies_825x550_bf9d.jpg

BLACK WATER couch lock medicine puts me in a nap in the middle of the day.
LEAFLY:
Blackwater is an indica strain typically bred from Mendo Purps and San Fernando Valley OG Kush. Its round, compact buds take on a deep purple color and a sweet grape aroma that blends with subtle undertones of lemon and pine. What begins as a mellow and euphoric cerebral experience melts down to the rest of the body in a head-to-toe euphoric calm that relieves stress and anxiety. Patients have also reported its success in treating pain, appetite loss, and multiple sclerosis. This strain is recommended for late-night consumption as it can cause mental cloudiness and detract from productivity. Blackwater has a flowering time of 8 to 10 weeks and produces moderate yields in indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse gardens. The 2014 Los Angeles Cannabis Cup awarded Blackwater 3rd place in the indica category.
blackwater_825x550_65e0.jpg

VALENTINE I haven't tried yet so I don't know?
Valentine high cbd marijuana seeds This is our latest and greatest strain. Valentine X, or Valentine as we call it, has the highest ratio of CBD:THC that we have found. 25:1 CBD:THC. Valentine St. Valentine is the patron Saint of epilepsy. Hence, the strain medicine also has the good energy of Saint Valentine and is particularly good for seizure disorders. It is also useful in treating cancer, nerve disorders, pain, insomnia, asthma and inflammation related disorders. Valentine is a 50/50 Sativa/Indica hybrid mix. It is a phenotype of ACDC and is closely related. We have run lab tests to see if it was actually different than ACDC, and the terpene print is different, but fairly close.
Valentine%20X%20cbd%20marijuana%20seeds.jpg

Flavor wise the GSC and the BLACK WATER are on the GOURMET side.
I guess I will try the VALENTINE next?
I have insomnia real bad so maybe right now?

I want to try some of this stuff @Caligula has!
@syrupy
@Quetzalcoatl maybe they have some as well?

Last edited:

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I picked up some more of the pineapple kush. This is my favorite in a while. Lifts my mood, calms me down, doesn't slow you down too much. Arguably the best anxiety medicine I've gotten from the caregiver so far. I wish i still had some GDP for something a little more couch lock to mix in for night time. But having had just the GDP for a while, i think if i'm only gonna have one kind, it's not GDP.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Currently, I'm running (sleeping) with a couple of hi I strains...

Skywalker OG and UW... I call the blend "Dub Stepper"

I also use a blend of UW and Willy's Wonder that I call "U-dub dub dub" ;)

UW by itself is a happy, gentle pain helper for me... combine with the heavy hitters, and I'm totally ready to snooze.

I need a good daytime that perks me up, and also doesn't wake "the bitch" up. IKR?

cawshook

Solod out.
Kush strains I love.
I need to get some RASPBERRY KUSH!
I had some SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH that was amazing!
Can't find it anymore!

LA CONFIDENTIAL I want to try!

I got three different strains:
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (original) powerful I handle during the day.
Girl Scout Cookies, or GSC, is an OG Kush and Durban Poison hybrid cross whose reputation grew too large to stay within the borders of its California homeland. With a sweet and earthy aroma, Girl Scout Cookies launches you to euphoria’s top floor where full-body relaxation meets a time-bending cerebral space. A little goes a long way with this hybrid, whose THC heights have won Girl Scout Cookies numerous Cannabis Cup awards. Patients needing a strong dose of relief, however, may look to GSC for severe pain, nausea, and appetite loss.

There are several different phenotypes of the Girl Scout Cookies strain including Thin Mint and Platinum Cookies, which exhibit some variation in appearance and effect. Typically, however, Girl Scout Cookies expresses its beauty in twisting green calyxes wrapped in purple leaves and fiery orange hairs. Patients and consumers looking to cultivate this cannabis staple themselves should wait 9 to 10 weeks for their indoor plants to finish flowering.
girl-scout-cookies_825x550_bf9d.jpg

BLACK WATER couch lock medicine puts me in a nap in the middle of the day.
LEAFLY:
Blackwater is an indica strain typically bred from Mendo Purps and San Fernando Valley OG Kush. Its round, compact buds take on a deep purple color and a sweet grape aroma that blends with subtle undertones of lemon and pine. What begins as a mellow and euphoric cerebral experience melts down to the rest of the body in a head-to-toe euphoric calm that relieves stress and anxiety. Patients have also reported its success in treating pain, appetite loss, and multiple sclerosis. This strain is recommended for late-night consumption as it can cause mental cloudiness and detract from productivity. Blackwater has a flowering time of 8 to 10 weeks and produces moderate yields in indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse gardens. The 2014 Los Angeles Cannabis Cup awarded Blackwater 3rd place in the indica category.
blackwater_825x550_65e0.jpg

VALENTINE I haven't tried yet so I don't know?
Valentine high cbd marijuana seeds This is our latest and greatest strain. Valentine X, or Valentine as we call it, has the highest ratio of CBD:THC that we have found. 25:1 CBD:THC. Valentine St. Valentine is the patron Saint of epilepsy. Hence, the strain medicine also has the good energy of Saint Valentine and is particularly good for seizure disorders. It is also useful in treating cancer, nerve disorders, pain, insomnia, asthma and inflammation related disorders. Valentine is a 50/50 Sativa/Indica hybrid mix. It is a phenotype of ACDC and is closely related. We have run lab tests to see if it was actually different than ACDC, and the terpene print is different, but fairly close.
Valentine%20X%20cbd%20marijuana%20seeds.jpg

Flavor wise the GSC and the BLACK WATER are on the GOURMET side.
I guess I will try the VALENTINE next?
I have insomnia real bad so maybe right now?

I want to try some of this stuff @Caligula has!
@syrupy
@Quetzalcoatl maybe they have some as well?
La confidential is nice for sure. Not too strong, doesn't really shine in flavor, potency, etc. Not the strongest grass at all, but all in all I enjoy it a lot. Puts me in a better mood instantly without fogging my brain, leaves me calm and relaxed. Like I said also, its sooo smooth. I dont know how well it will work for you, or what specifically you're looking for, but try it out if you can.

fernand

For depression and times of bad emotion, I just found Purple Diesel. Got it in Eureka CA at "THC", and then found a weaker (but OK) crop in the Bay Area at BPG, at around a Franklin per O.Z. (!) A bit dry, we'll try to correct that. They call it Purple D.

Purple Diesel brings about some of Diesel's instant numbing in the lower spine, and a bit of its perk-up. After a while it morphs into a gentle and content Indica daze, that's fair for pain too. And it has a mood enhancing aspect that's strong, long lasting, and rather distinct, as several people have noted, "happy" is a good descriptor. Low on paranoia, even though the Sativa side is there. It's usable anytime, though maybe not when you have demanding stuff to do, as the second phase is HAPPY, but (just) a bit scattered and sedated.

Tried Pure Gold (Classic). It's a clear oil of purified major cannabinoids. No flavanoids, terpenes, etc = no cannabis scent. The "Classic" tastes odd but ok, the "Plus" tastes odd and miserable. Energetic and Focused, like turned on visually and auditorily, not very useful for (my) pain, and obviously lacking "strain character". But it's practical, compatible with productive work, and has a place IMHO.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For depression and times of bad emotion, I just found Purple Diesel. Got it in Eureka CA at "THC", and then found a weaker (but OK) crop in the Bay Area at BPG, at around a Franklin per O.Z. (!) A bit dry, we'll try to correct that. They call it Purple D.

Purple Diesel brings about some of Diesel's instant numbing in the lower spine, and a bit of its perk-up. After a while it morphs into a gentle and content Indica daze, that's fair for pain too. And it has a mood enhancing aspect that's strong, long lasting, and rather distinct, as several people have noted, "happy" is a good descriptor. Low on paranoia, even though the Sativa side is there. It's usable anytime, though maybe not when you have demanding stuff to do, as the second phase is HAPPY, but (just) a bit scattered and sedated.

Tried Pure Gold (Classic). It's a clear oil of purified major cannabinoids. No flavanoids, terpenes, etc = no cannabis scent. The "Classic" tastes odd but ok, the "Plus" tastes odd and miserable. Energetic and Focused, like turned on visually and auditorily, not very useful for (my) pain, and obviously lacking "strain character". But it's practical, compatible with productive work, and has a place IMHO.
PURPLE strain' s I love.
Terra LAB's pure gold gives me a head ache?

fernand

@Enchantre, on the perk-up front I think you could try focusing on vaping at low temp, say a 3 on a Solo, 4 at most - that will leave out the more sedating fractions. Low Temp Vaping Master Kush brings a mellowness w/ a light perk-up. At a higher temp the sedation is stronger. Sour Diesels at low temp are more "true energy" than just "perk-up", with noticeable lower spine analgesia in some phenotypes (like "Original Diesel"). Red Congolese is all "up", progressing to restless. A bit of low temp vaped Congolese with morning coffee is spot-on if you don't need analgesia.

I'm beginning to think that the most characteristic and life-enhancing effects of different strains are most noticeable at lower temps, and at lower doses. Push the temp and they all get dopier, push the amount, and Indicas turn to couch-lock and Sativas turn anxious, while true hybrids go through "phases" that are hard to predict.

After cleaning house in connection with a border crossing, and then modestly re-supplying once back in CA, I had no working vaporizer and actually smoked some Master Kush. The taste, smell and and overall experience of combustion is all wrong for me. I cannot imagine even bothering. The effect difference is that smoking is like grinding a whole pharmacy shelf into a cauldron, and guzzling it. Add to that the charm of a tire-fire. Not very selective or subtle. I remembered why I lost interest in cannabis decades ago. What a difference. Thank heaven for vaporizers and our brilliant geneticist cultivators.

I suppose that's why the younger folks who like "disrupted" states don't mind smoking. There's such a polarity between the "medical" users and the "recreational" users! The administrators who are setting up Washington's (legalized) commercial sales seem to think every cannabis user wants to buy joints to get "blitzed" on Friday nights. What irony, that someone who has no such interest and uses cannabis regularly in moderation to correct some physiological or biochemical imbalance, looks more like an "abuser" to them.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@Enchantre, on the perk-up front I think you could try focusing on vaping at low temp, say a 3 on a Solo, 4 at most - that will leave out the more sedating fractions. Low Temp Vaping Master Kush brings a mellowness w/ a light perk-up. At a higher temp the sedation is stronger. Sour Diesels at low temp are more "true energy" than just "perk-up", with noticeable lower spine analgesia in some phenotypes (like "Original Diesel"). Red Congolese is all "up", progressing to restless. A bit of low temp vaped Congolese with morning coffee is spot-on if you don't need analgesia.

I'm beginning to think that the most characteristic and life-enhancing effects of different strains are most noticeable at lower temps, and at lower doses. Push the temp and they all get dopier, push the amount, and Indicas turn to couch-lock and Sativas turn anxious, while true hybrids go through "phases" that are hard to predict.

After cleaning house in connection with a border crossing, and then modestly re-supplying once back in CA, I had no working vaporizer and actually smoked some Master Kush. The taste, smell and and overall experience of combustion is all wrong for me. I cannot imagine even bothering. The effect difference is that smoking is like grinding a whole pharmacy shelf into a cauldron, and guzzling it. Add to that the charm of a tire-fire. Not very selective or subtle. I remembered why I lost interest in cannabis decades ago. What a difference. Thank heaven for vaporizers and our brilliant geneticist cultivators.

I suppose that's why the younger folks who like "disrupted" states don't mind smoking. There's such a polarity between the "medical" users and the "recreational" users! The administrators who are setting up Washington's (legalized) commercial sales seem to think every cannabis user wants to buy joints to get "blitzed" on Friday nights. What irony, that someone who has no such interest and uses cannabis regularly in moderation to correct some physiological or biochemical imbalance, looks more like an "abuser" to them.
I know what your saying!
During the day I like my GSC in a SOLO.
Low temperatures..
However kushes before bed at high temperature puts me to sleep!

There's a time and place for higher vaporizer levels.
For me as a youngster it was joints. As corporate none.
Now it's all about managing medically!

Cannabis is the HOLY GRAIL!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I had some Blue Dream for the first time this evening. It says it's a hybrid , it has a nice mild flavor with a bit of sweet taste not harsh at all. It is mainly sativa Haze and is combined with some Indica Blueberry that's pretty high in THC. You see this strain on the West Coast, I'm told.
I can only vape one 10 min session before it's spent in my Solo. Seems like the pain isn't quite as intense. I feel ready for bed, I'm quite tired.

My low back has been very tight for the past few days. I think I over did it planting flowers in the yard. Here is a pic of some Blue Dream.
blue-dream-marijuana-001.jpg

Last edited:

[...]

[...]

I know what your saying!
During the day I like my GSC in a SOLO.
Low temperatures..
However kushes before bed at high temperature puts me to sleep!

There's a time and place for higher vaporizer levels.
For me as a youngster it was joints. As corporate none.
Now it's all about managing medically!

Cannabis is the HOLY GRAIL!

Okay I'll try it! Gonna drop my Nano down to the no burnt popcorn levels. I'll miss my "efficiency" in extracting lots of vapor quickly... but if the trade off is more nuanced effects between strains, then I think that's worth it.

As for the thread, currently enjoying some Purple Arrow. I'm not sure that this would test the highest for THC % but it is really nice. I am starting to change my mind about THC %. I think it can definitely show if something is well grown, but past a certain point (I'm thinking maybe 15%) it doesn't really matter.

I really want to try some Mickey Kush that apparently has some nice pain-relieving high CBG properties.

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
I had some Blue Dream for the first time this evening. It says it's a hybrid , it has a nice mild flavor with a bit of sweet taste not harsh at all. It is mainly sativa Haze and is combined with some Indica Blueberry that's pretty high in THC. You see this strain on the West Coast, I'm told.
I can only vape one 10 min session before it's spent in my Solo. Seems like the pain isn't quite as intense. I feel ready for bed, I'm quite tired.

My low back has been very tight for the past few days. I think I over did it planting flowers in the yard. Here is a pic of some Blue Dream.
blue-dream-marijuana-001.jpg
Nice bud. Did you use one of those magnifying glass attachments on your phone to take the pic?

cawshook,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Okay I'll try it! Gonna drop my Nano down to the no burnt popcorn levels. I'll miss my "efficiency" in extracting lots of vapor quickly... but if the trade off is more nuanced effects between strains, then I think that's worth it.

As for the thread, currently enjoying some Purple Arrow. I'm not sure that this would test the highest for THC % but it is really nice. I am starting to change my mind about THC %. I think it can definitely show if something is well grown, but past a certain point (I'm thinking maybe 15%) it doesn't really matter.

I really want to try some Mickey Kush that apparently has some nice pain-relieving high CBG properties.
I love my NANO as well.

I love the PURPLE varieties!

GSC has some purple in it. (DAY TIME)
GDP, PURPLE URKLE, PURPLE KUSH are a few of the good ones. (NIGHT)
BLACK WATER is the strain I'm using before bed and it knocks me out.
I don't like these strains in the middle of the day when I have too much too do!

I like the CITRUS flavored ones as well. (DAY)
DUTCH TREAT, LEMON HASE, TANGIE are some.

BLUE DREAM taste amazing however the last batch I got seemed to be harvested early? (stomach)

I will look up the cross of the purple arrow.

The NANO does bring out the flavor of these strains.

Last edited:

fernand

@ataxian when you say

"BLUE DREAM taste amazing however the last batch I got seemed to be harvested early? (stomach)"

what "stomach" effect are you talking about? I'm a novice with respect to the whole grow, flower, harvest, hang, trim, age process (I'm so happy that there are knowledgeable producers).

@421 The way I see it, a vaporizer with controlled temperature is a lot like a fractional distillation column used to separate different compounds on the basis of boiling point. The multiple cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes boil (and hence evaporate) at different temperatures, say between 250 and 450 degrees F.

CannabinoidBoilingPoints3_zpsa37189f7.jpg

So once we've picked a strain, with a good vaporizer we can focus on different portions of its spectrum.

Of course each strain has different specific ratios. You can't turn a Purple Kush into a Red Congolese. But you can at least selectively amplify the effect you're after out of the strain you have on hand.

Don't want to be kept awake at bedtime? Don't start deep inhaling until you're past both the low terpene and mid (high THC) fractions, just toke 'em but blow 'em out. Want a perk-up Wake'n Bake? Start deep inhales right away, taking the stimulating low and mid fractions, and then stop. Save the incompletely vaporized stuff in the ABV jar for rowdy pets ;-) Want just max THC? Discard both the lowest and highest temp tokes. You get the idea. The handheld Solo is great for this sort of selective vaping, but with a little care it can be done with others, like the Firefly, in which the temperature gradually rises.

Now, granted, this is a far cry from rolling a doobie on a shoebox lid, but that's the beauty of the Holy Grail, that it has so many facets!

fernand,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian when you say

"BLUE DREAM taste amazing however the last batch I got seemed to be harvested early? (stomach)"

what "stomach" effect are you talking about? I'm a novice with respect to the whole grow, flower, harvest, hang, trim, age process (I'm so happy that there are knowledgeable producers).

Now, granted, this is a far cry from rolling a doobie on a shoebox lid, but that's the beauty of the Holy Grail, that it has so many facets!

Blue Dream that I last got for my STOMACH nausea was good for that however I became paranoid.
When cannabis is harvested too early it can play with your mind.
Before a plant is harvested a jewelers loop (30x or greater) is used to see what stage the trichones are at.
When their a bit clear you need to wait until there Milky with a least 15 - 25% amber is present.
Some wait until 50-50% for a more couch lock high.

Sativas are more psycho-active in general so if you harvest early when the tricones are still clear you might get unripe flowers that produce undesirable results.

Now having said that: Basically it doesn't matter if the plant is INDICA or SATIVA you must make sure it is ripe before harvest to obtain the desired benefits your after.

What's good about growing your own medicine is you control the out come. At the dispensaries they sometimes get flowers that are picked early. If you buy from a Dispensary LAB TESTED helps.
If you grow your own do not harvest until your tricones are ready.

I'm a flavor chaser and some times cannabis taste great however the effect is not what I'm after.
Flavor/Effect is what I want.

That's why I look at this whole VAPORIZER debacle differently than most.

The reason I like the SOLO at level 3 or 4 is that I have a lot to do during the day and I like the effect and the flavor is not the best however not bad.

I have some other plug in vaporizer's that have incredible flavor that I save after I get my work done.
I have a analog vaporizer that I love and it was cheap however before naps only. (no batteries or plug)
There are some expensive vaporizers I almost bought however to heat flower to extract medicine is kind of basic! I don't need numerical values of a digital read out. I go for the effect. If you like a firefly and it works for you go for it. For me CANNABIS is the "HOLY GRAIL"! I'm into the plant more than a vaporizer.

I'm a medical patient so I have a different approach than someone who uses cannabis for different reasons.

I had some vaporizers that where powerful and put me in a self induced coma however I don't want to be that medicated.

So some chase clouds. I chase flavor and effect.

Low temp daytime (HYBRID)
High temp nighttime ((INDICA)
WAKE and VAKE (DEPENDS)

I like SATIVAS however they have to be fully ripe for me.

BLUE DREAM is a great strain as long as it's grown patiently!
It's a hybrid that is SATIVA dominate!

Last edited:

215z

Anxiety: Afgoo, Vakish Valley, Harlequin, Tsunami

Depression: Strawberry Cough, Chemdawg, Sour Diesel, Jack Herer, Haze, Durban Poison; pretty much any tropical/equatorial landrace like Thai, Columbian, south Indian, Filipino. Schwag - the cheaper the better - really does the trick. Cinderella '99 and Bruce Banner is good too.

Recreational: Trainwreck

Sleep: Bubba Kush and U2. I don't use these much because I don't have a sleep problem these days.

I haven't found real Chemdawg or Sour Diesel here in awhile, everything I see and vape is some mismarked shit. Real OG Kush works good too but I pretty much dismiss anything that is labeled OGK as bunk. Recreational users lining up to buy strains they hear about in rap songs totally distorts the market here. To satisfy demand, dispensaries label anything OGK, it is so sad.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Recreational users lining up to buy strains they hear about in rap songs totally distorts the market here. To satisfy demand, dispensaries label anything OGK, it is so sad.
Very true your assessment!
Most of the names are market driven.
GSC (GIRL SCOUT COOKIES) is very good and getting cheaper as the popularity wears off. I still love this one. Their is a lot of strains with the name purple kush as part of their label. However a real kush strain taste amazing and the effect is very medicating. A pure OG the same thing.

Has cannabis been abused?
It's a easy to grow weed that has been used to profit!

Vaporizers are cool and necessary however more study by everyone is needed in the subject of CANNABIS!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian you are typing out a lot today! I love when you do... your explanations are always so clear, very focused, and informative.

Keep on! :)
@Enchantre I started out all exited about vaporizers however I do still think there awesome and getting better all the time. I find the science of cannabis amazing and love the subject.
I'm a old school has been however I will go back to school and study BOTANY. I will get more vaporizers at some point. Right now my focus is on this magical plant call cannabis!

Top Bottom