What strain(s) are you vaping?

lazylathe

Almost there...
I picked up some Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush!
The buds are somewhat airy when i compare to the first order that was rock hard bugs!
Aroma is exactly the same though.

As for effects... HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!
At MAX temp on Herbie through my atomic Perc bubbler i can easily finish a few bowls in one sitting, although i am on rations again so only two bowls a night!
With this new stuff i can take three hits and i am done!!
And done for hours...

I love having these two strains as they deaden my AS pain almost totally!
Strangely enough it does not really affect other painful areas.
For example i cut my hand open and it still hurts!! FML!!! LMAO!!!

Going to save the ChemDawg and Pre '98 Bubba Kush for a rainy day when i need a switch up!

lazylathe

Almost there...
LL, so what does Girl Scout Cookies smwll like, taste like?
Which of the Girl Scout cookie varieties---thin mints or samoas or ??

I'd like to try some, next time I visit CO

This lot tastes exactly like a thin mint covered in chocolate!!
Pure awesomeness!!!

And a few hits of it lasts me a good 4 hours!
Definitely one to try!

And i cannot wait to hit the GSC in the Minivan when it returns!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
LL, so what does Girl Scout Cookies smwll like, taste like?
Which of the Girl Scout cookie varieties---thin mints or samoas or ?

Honestly, none of the GSC phenotypes I've had taste anything like delicious baked goods. Nor has any strain ever actually tasted like blueberries, cotton candy, etc.

It all just tastes like marijuana, and when it is good, it tastes like the day I learned my mom's perfume didn't taste like it smelled. ;)

As an example, I am trying a gram of a strain called White Castle. Although it is tested at over 22% THC and is really quite yummy, it tastes nothing like a $0.39 steamed bun hamburger with mustard, pickle, and onion. And for that, I am very thankful.

http://analytical360.com/m/flowers/291786

ChippyMalone,
Reactions: Enchantre

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
I picked up a strain called Gumby Gold. The bud tender suggested it. I found nothing online. Just Gumby Gold hash. It must me a new strain? It's a hybrid. It medicates well.
Probably just a random purchase from a grower or other orphan harvest. I know one dispensary that has in house names for some of their strains so that they can have 30 different strains instead of 20. If they have three GSC's from three different growers, having three names makes it easier for me. For instance, they have a mild but very flavorful Harlequin they call Little Debbie. The name is only useful to me at this one dispensary, but I know what to expect if it is in stock. So, much of the time these names are nearly meaningless without knowing other background info on the batch.

But there's only one thing that reality matters: it medicates well

Pain

When ever I try a new strain it kicks my ass, but the effects seem to moderate after a few days. How many days do you wait before coming back to that same strain for that new strain effect to come back? How many strains do you need so you always get the new strain effect?

Pain,
Reactions: Frogman

randybishop

When ever I try a new strain it kicks my ass, but the effects seem to moderate after a few days. How many days do you wait before coming back to that same strain for that new strain effect to come back? How many strains do you need so you always get the new strain effect?

Good question! I would be interested to know this too.

randybishop,

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
I've been paying attention to the terpene profiles of the lab tested meds I buy. Other than the difference between THC and high CBD meds, many strains will have similar cannabinoid profiles but very different assortment of terpenes. Some of these are believed to work with or enhance the effects of THC, CBD, etc. It could possibly be that our bodies respond to the presence of a new terpene found in a new strain, and that might explain why switching things up can have such a noticeable effect.

I've started taking some personal notes to determine if I can perceive any of these specific terpene effects I read about in research articles and online discussions.

Someone make a run to the dispensary..... I've got research to do! :D

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I SO lust to live in a place with variety...
True, but FWIW, my local place does a few strains really well. They rotate in and out.

I just got something called super sour diesel. Checked it out on Leafly first and the reviews said to beware of its strength. So true!
Being cautious, I just covered the screen on my lotus vape. In a few minutes I was :razz:. The eighth I bought is going to last a very long time.

I'm really more of an indica type, and one day I'm finally gonna get to try granddaddy purple,
and when I do...:bowdown:

:peace:

lwien

This GodFather OG is the absolute best bud I've ever vaped, or smoked for that matter. Typically, with really state-of-the-art bud, be it GSC, White Widow, Super Lemon Haze, etc etc, 2.5 to 3 hits does me just fine for a few hours. Just one hit with this sets me up for 3 hours. Two hits and I'm knocked out within 30 minutes.

I normally don't put any credence into what High Times says about anything, but they nailed this one.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Well, today was a small dispensary run, so that's always fun. Picked up a gram of 19% Deadhead OG, a couple grams of 22% Sugar Plum, and a gram of "62%“ black tar hash.

Top: black tar hash
Left: Sugar Plum:
http://analytical360.com/m/flowers/312617
Right: Deadhead OG
zaFVVnP.jpg

I'm disappointed in the quality of the "62%" black tar hash that upon vaping one load is clearly from an inferior second run. The first run stuff they had a couple weeks ago was said to be dabbable on a nail, and I believe it from my experience with the E-Nano.

But this stuff I received today is dry and chalky in comparison. The old stuff soaked a cotton ball with potent amber colored oil when vaped with my E-Nano. This stuff vapes more like a high school kid's low grade powdered marijuana "kief" that he made by excessively grinding flowers and forcing the powdered leafy bits along with the actual kief material through the grinder's screen with a coin. Potency is nowhere near the same as what was sent to the testing lab last month.

This is the sort of thing that someone combusting this hash for the first time would probably never notice, but a careful flavor chasing vaporist who knows the product is tough to fool. Thankfully, they will let me return it, but I bet my buddy who wasn't there today will be embarrassed when I call them out on it. This is one of the best places in the area because they do require current valid test results for all their stuff, but the hash maker clearly delivered an inferior product to them before the test results expired.

Velcrochicken

Well, today was a small dispensary run, so that's always fun. Picked up a gram of 19% Deadhead OG, a couple grams of 22% Sugar Plum, and a gram of "62%“ black tar hash.

Top: black tar hash
Left: Sugar Plum:
http://analytical360.com/m/flowers/312617
Right: Deadhead OG
zaFVVnP.jpg

I'm disappointed in the quality of the "62%" black tar hash that upon vaping one load is clearly from an inferior second run. The first run stuff they had a couple weeks ago was said to be dabbable on a nail, and I believe it from my experience with the E-Nano.

But this stuff I received today is dry and chalky in comparison. The old stuff soaked a cotton ball with potent amber colored oil when vaped with my E-Nano. This stuff vapes more like a high school kid's low grade powdered marijuana "kief" that he made by excessively grinding flowers and forcing the powdered leafy bits along with the actual kief material through the grinder's screen with a coin. Potency is nowhere near the same as what was sent to the testing lab last month.

This is the sort of thing that someone combusting this hash for the first time would probably never notice, but a careful flavor chasing vaporist who knows the product is tough to fool. Thankfully, they will let me return it, but I bet my buddy who wasn't there today will be embarrassed when I call them out on it. This is one of the best places in the area because they do require current valid test results for all their stuff, but the hash maker clearly delivered an inferior product to them before the test results expired.
Sucks about the hash man? You live in a legal place? If no, sorry bout the hash, if yes im really sorry bout the hash.

Some cracker jack
SHhakHe.jpg

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
A couple strains today with really high terpenes: Green Crack and a local strain called Ol' Graham Dad (Graham is a nearby town).

Dgx1ki8.jpg

I've only tried the GC so far today, but will switch to the Indica later in the evening.

Edit: played with the Graham Dad indica. Definitely don't use this before sundown because you aren't going anywhere until tomorrow! Ha!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A couple strains today with really high terpenes: Green Crack and a local strain called Ol' Graham Dad (Graham is a nearby town).

Dgx1ki8.jpg

I've only tried the GC so far today, but will switch to the Indica later in the evening.

Edit: played with the Graham Dad indica. Definitely don't use this before sundown because you aren't going anywhere until tomorrow! Ha!
I hear you on that!
GSC all daý!
King Louie 13 at night!

Top Bottom