What stir tool do you like that is used for something else

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have my mom's hat pin that works really well. It tamps down on my bud if I need a slight pack. It does well to stir about half way through my nano session. It reminds me of my mom. I'm sure she wouldn't like the use of her hat pin that way.

Edit
Maybe you have something that you use as a vaporizing tool but is used for somethings else. It doesn't have to be a stir tool. That will make it more interesting and more variety.

rNeGR0x.jpg

Last edited:

woolspinner

I use a dab tool I got with a pen vape I bought. Scoop looking on one end with a cylindrical end good for tamping when needed.

If I cannot find that, I have used the end of an incense stick or tweezers.

woolspinner,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I always keep toothpicks handy, but I hardly use them except when cleaning.

All stirring jobs go to my EpicVape E-Pic (makers of the E-Nano). I've bought 2-3 over the years to replace lost ones, and it is IMO perfectly functional and discrete.

To borrow from Ataxian, discretion=civilized.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@FlyingLow . Really? I didn't know using a certain stir stick could make one person more civilized then another ! Huh, the things you learn on FC! :rofl:

Would add the thread title stipulates "that can be used for something else ". I guess that rules out the E-Pic. Sorry Sir, this thread ain't for civilized people :p

Baron23

I have my mom's hat pin that works really well. It tamps down on my bud if I need a slight pack. It does well to stir about half way through my nano session. It reminds me of my mom. I'm sure she wouldn't like the use of her hat pin that way.

Edit
Maybe you have something that you use as a vaporizing tool but is used for somethings else. It doesn't have to be a stir tool. That will make it more interesting and more variety.

rNeGR0x.jpg
I'm with you on the hat pins, Carol. Very handy design and you can find some old hat pins for a reasonable amount of $$.

I like that one that was your Mom's.

hd_rider

I find that old dental tools make great vape tools. I can usually find tons of them at local gun shows for a dollar or two apiece. One tool I have has a "spoon" on the end and is great for scooping up herb from my storage container and dropping it into my eNano stem. The other tool I use for cleaning my stem after a session.

I have a little "vape station" that I keep next to my easy chair.

P9HYnw6.jpg

UomBnpN.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I like the chopsticks I get for free at Panda express.

They come in handy to stir, tamp, remove/insert screens on stems, etc. I shave a little of the skinny side with a knife to make it thinner.

I'm currently using a chopstick with the exact same mod of making one end sharper. It's really easy to use and I'm not afraid of losing it or breaking it. They come in two packs so that's a bonus.:lol:

I find that old dental tools make great vape tools. I can usually find tons of them at local gun shows for a dollar or two apiece. One tool I have has a "spoon" on the end and is great for scooping up herb from my storage container and dropping it into my eNano stem. The other tool I use for cleaning my stem after a session.

I have a little "vape station" that I keep next to my easy chair.

P9HYnw6.jpg

UomBnpN.jpg
I have some old dental tools I use as dabbers and scrapers since they're made from nice SS. Awesome things to pick up for sure.

hinglemccringleberry

Zip tie. Smallish size.
Good for stirring but I mainly use it for dumping AVB. The tip-end is good for dislodging tight packed material from the walls of deep conduction chambers, and you don't have to worry about scratching anything since it's not metal.
For tamping, the head of a medium size nail does the trick.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
toothpicks FTW! i use the sharp point to clean out the 0.75mm holes in the bottom of the vial and the bottom of the draw tube ... after it gets blunt, i use it to stir ... always have 3 in rotation - eventually they break ... i don't use a metal pin as that could chip out the holes.

Farid

If you use a toothpick as a tool be warned - don't use it to bleed your torch. I have ruined a torch that way. The tip of the tootpick got wedged into the torch, making filling it impossible.

almost there

If you use a toothpick as a tool be warned - don't use it to bleed your torch. I have ruined a torch that way. The tip of the tootpick got wedged into the torch, making filling it impossible.
Good warning, I do that all the time

almost there,

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?

Endearing @CarolKing! Along the years I have re-cycled a number of items in a similar fashion, all associated with family members and evocative of time bygone : jewelry box becoming stash box, small bottles or cases, kitchen ware, etc. I treasure the evocative aspect of these in their redifined use. Thanks for bringing this up. Very meaningful.

As for the stir tool, paper clips unbent from my dad's office supply that could last... three life times!

FabulatorPoeta,
Reactions: bodhi_naut

Whissmu

My favorite tools are these:
image.jpg

--From left to right--
Dab glass: my favorite to use with the vriptech heat wand so I feel 100% crystal.
Dab spoon and shovel: it is the more used, it is the more useful, the lightest and resistant, it serves to clean or to dose besides multiples uses,
Volcano brush: I use it at the end of the shake to clean
toothpick milaana: recently added to the collection and used only with milaana

Last edited:
Whissmu,
Top Bottom