• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What made you switch?

Why did you decide to switch to vaporizing?

• Health

Votes: 136 69.7%
  • Efficiency

Votes: 33 16.9%
  • Stealth

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Etc

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters
Four years ago after smoking cigarettes for more than fifty years--Lucky Strikes and other non-filtered mostly--and trying repeatedly to quit, I finally did it. I'm a vigorous biker, skier, and winter mountaineer and when I retired a few years ago, I realized that my lungs were keeping me from doing the joyous things that I loved. I'd been smoking pot nearly as long, almost fifty years! After quitting cigs, I noticed that my lungs still hurt after an evening of smoking joints and/or pipes and bongs. So I tried vaping with an inexpensive vape. But it wasn't convenient and I kept combusting. Once I got an easier to use vape, I gave up almost all MJ smoking. I find I still get a bit of lung pain/congestion but lowering temps cures that almost immediately. When I want to get really ripped, I attach one of my vapes to a water bubbler and make kief sandwiches. And I feel so much better, not putting combustion products into my lungs. Still hiking steep mountains and xc skiing up hill.

This is awesome! I'm so happy for your improvement in health. Now that you have switched from smoking to vaporizing what are the major differences you've noticed? Sleep, diet, ability to climb mountains :) , etc etc

Few Minute Programming,
Reactions: Squiby

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'd say my stamina has increased by 50% or so, that is the length of time I can vigorously exercise without pausing to catch my breath. My little but perennial hacking cough has completely disappeared. I thought the cough would go away when I stopped cigarettes, but it persisted until I stopped smoking dope. I sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed. [Sometimes I think that if I gave up weed and beer, I'd sleep even better. But...ain't goin' to happen! LOL.] Saving money, more so from not buying cigs, but also I'm using about half as much weed...and getting stoned just as often. But the biggest benefit has been psychological: I just feel better about myself. Friends and family have all noticed that I'm less cantankerous and happier.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I never liked smoking and always had issues with it, then when a friend brought his vape to my home, I just felt in heaven.
Its for all good reasons, health and efficiency are both good reasons, but for me, its the overall feeling, the high, the health and efficiency can also be included under this description...
I just like vaping much more than I ever enjoyed smoking.

Jimmyweaese

Was forced into vaporization while working to legalize marijuana in Nevada in 2004, the company running MPPs campaign was anti-pot. Then it just made sense not combusting once you really taste what the plant is supposed to taste like. As a kayaker, it could (and probably has) save(d) my life on the water where every bit of oxygen and lung capacity is vital for peak performance in Class V whitewater or kayak surfing in the big pond.
I switched because of smell after over 40 yrs I had had enough.
I am still so amazed at the process of gaping. Been gaping since 2012. Started with Vapolution 2. Highly underrated vape. A perfect vape and price.

Jimmyweaese

It was coughing up the black tar that finally did it. Would get chest pain from coughing. Energy was always low. Was chasing a high all day that i couldn't even enjoy. As soon as the effects of combustion poison would wear off I would poison myself again with carbon monoxide. Combustion is a sickness that makes yourself sick. The benefits have been BEYOND belief. It truly is a Before/after event. My life before and after A) fucking combustion B) Vaporizing cannabis has been changed for the better in countless ways :) I agree that in order to really get the benefit of vaporization on MUST %100% FUCK combustion. Otherwise it defetes the entire purpose, and you will never "get it" because you haven't detoxed form the poison. If you won't do it for yourself, than please do it for the Herb, have some respect for the ganga, if not for yourself.
For me on top of health .The smaller amounts help. I'm in a non legal state with a mmj card
cost I haven't participated because of card and no flower . So still bm for me.

Jimmyweaese,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Health, efficiency and Flavour!

First it was efficiency that turned me on to vaping. My brother bought an Herbalizer which was an awesome piece of kit. It blew me away that half the amount of herb was getting me twice as high for twice as long.

Then I realized the health benefits when my cough disappeared and I no longer had black bits of phlegm coming up in the morning.

The thing that turns me off of the odd joint here and there is the disgusting smell and taste of burnt weed. I just can’t go back after having experienced so much flavour and clean smelling vapour.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
My GF's son got busted, so we had a drug talk. He then schooled me on vaporizers. I never smoked cigs, and I really never enjoyed smoking weed, so on top of the health benefits it was a no-brainer for me. Hell I am not even crazy about vaping, I just like feeling high sometimes.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’ve made it over a week without combusting! Feeling better in the mornings already. Getting my VapCap today as well. Don’t think I’ll be looking back.
Hiya Kurt,
Dude how are you doing? Honestly been hoping the VC is doing it for you. Fuck combustion.

pxl_jockey,

asdf420

I had smoked after getting used to the M... yeah, it was definitely unpleasant in comparison, and I'd much rather vape if I can, now. I left the M in another state, so I might roll a joint or something. Would be cool to make a tube butane vape that does what the sticky brick does.. but clean butane is expensive, may as well buy another vapcap

asdf420,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Health, efficiency and Flavour!

First it was efficiency that turned me on to vaping. My brother bought an Herbalizer which was an awesome piece of kit. It blew me away that half the amount of herb was getting me twice as high for twice as long.

Then I realized the health benefits when my cough disappeared and I no longer had black bits of phlegm coming up in the morning.

The thing that turns me off of the odd joint here and there is the disgusting smell and taste of burnt weed. I just can’t go back after having experienced so much flavour and clean smelling vapour.
I have to agree with U.

My problem is my wife?
She's beautiful and fit so I do what she say's!

"No SMOKING at the house", she say's?
To make a long story short I VAP outside.
She let's me?
She is the bread winner so I do as I'm told!

The thing is I love vaping, FLAVOR/EFFECT = NIRVANA

Plus my wife is happy!

The old saying, "Happy WIFE happy LIFE!
My LIFE is HAPPY!

HindelangGG

At first for me i was just interested in the whole concept and I startet with the Pinnacle pro but back then it didn't to the desired effects for me. But as time and consumption grew i just hated to smoke tobacco in the bong and the whole tar spitting thing I got of of it so I wanted to change that and I finally have healthy lungs again

HindelangGG,

AK47 AMI

Hello. Have you heard about the amazing benefits of Oil of Oregano for gealing and reapairing the inside of the lungs? It has been shown to reverse the damage done by long term heavy smoking and literally turn the clock back years, amazing the doctors.

Everybody with respiratory issues should know about it, especially those who have incurred damage to lungs from tobacco smoke.

I take this one, it is the best and very affordable too. You must dikute it to at lesst 50% with olive oil.
I prefer 60 % olive oil to 40% oregano. It makes it less fiery like this and easier to swallow down.
It is only fiery when you start to take it- it is reacting and doing work immediately.
I buy the oil undiluted- 100% oregano. I have empty bottles to mix up my own with olive oil.
Here are 2 products, one is already dikuted to 60% olive oil. The other one is undiluted, which works out a bit cheaper, especially if you buy 2 bottles (makes over 4 bottles worth.)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZANE-HEL...413124?hash=item3d52a2e884:g:QvYAAOSwO7haLPiO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-40...164754?hash=item3cec664b92:g:K1UAAOSwbmdZiaTY

I hope it may help you or somebody else some day. Take care bro have a nice day in France.:tup:

@Alexis I suffer from smoking issues in the chest, maybe asthma/COPD related, have looked this Zane undiluted one up and apparently it's not as good as it used to be as reviews have stated, I've found another which seems good and reviews agree so will go with that one, did you notice a major change taking this for chest lung issues please??

AK47 AMI,

ray_

I was away from cannabis for a large part of my life. When I returned about 10 years ago I used google to see how the cool kids were consuming. I found out about the benefits of vaporizing and bought a MFLB. I've never combusted (on purpose) over that 10 years and can't imagine going back.

For any MFLB users (past or present) out there Troy and Jerry featured the MFLB on their livestream last night. It brought back lots of good (and bad) memories.

Troy and Jerry discuss the MFLB

Alexis

@Alexis I suffer from smoking issues in the chest, maybe asthma/COPD related, have looked this Zane undiluted one up and apparently it's not as good as it used to be as reviews have stated, I've found another which seems good and reviews agree so will go with that one, did you notice a major change taking this for chest lung issues please??
I have not observed or felt the oregano to be any less effective.

They are a legit company. They sell the dried oregano which they press the oil from.

It's organic, wild greek mountain oregano. You can't really start with a purer source. It works for me. I haven't felt any absence or insufficiency in it's effect over time.

That's all I can say I guess. I mean, there's no logical reason why the quality would drop, as far as I can envisage.

Last edited:
Alexis,

Alexis

Okay, thanks for bringing those notable observations to the table. I have not been paying attention as as far as I can tell, the oregano oil works perfectly well for me.

But I did look at Amazon reviews put of curiosity.

Indeed, a number claiming it's not the same standard as in past.

But most of the 1 star reviews are silly and invalid. People moaning it smells too strong. Was too fiery. Irritated daughter's acne despite diluting, when Im sure they only diluted it 50/50 which is for internal consumption.

For topical use, except palms and soles, it needs to be only 25% oregano oil.

Im not dismissing this. Just trying to fathom it, it's much like politics actually.

Everything in our world is so polsrising now more than ever, and reviews can be so misleading.

I am sure I could look at reviewd for almost everything I have and have ever bought and find lots of silly, 1 star,,cursing reviews of things which have only ever been consitently good or helpful to me.

And many 5 star reviews mirroring my own experiences.

So alomg with the negative 1 star reviews, are equal 5 star priaises of the oregano oil, from very recently.

Coming at this afresh, like the whole Politics thing, you would have no idea what to believe.

I firmly believe that many negative reviews are by people who lack the acumen to accurately decipher and intuit. In general. It does my headmin that any single thing you might look up on Amazon, you're almost guaranteed to find dozens of 1 star "worst purchase ever" type reviews.

Which can really throw you.

I would say, for now, you have nothing to lose except a few bucks. You will get oregano oil which has a good level of efficacy atbthe very least.

There is another brand called P80, very pricey. The Zane Hellas has always been plenty good enough for myself, mum and friends, so I never copped for the pricey P80.

You can always try a few different brands, see if you can feel a difference. Nothing to lose except you need to buy the oil, and time to test and measure.

Thanks again for alerting me to the changing of the labelling. I strongly expect it is a regulatory, redtape thing, whereby they have decided not to label as wild organic, because some legality may require expensive certification for essentially no difference in the product.

Im just guessing at that though. I see no reason on earth why those Greek guys would need to change how they grow, harvest and produce the oil, after nature has been doing it all for them superbly forever.

Alexis,

Zipford

For me it was about stealth. I'd been using a dugout and one-hitter, but then I smelled like weed and sparking a lighter 3-4 times, especially at night, can drawn attention of neighbors, etc. Vapes have much less smell and the battery type are self-contained, no need to carry a lighter. That it is likely healthier is a nice fringe benefit.

Top Bottom