1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What made you switch?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Few Minute Programming, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Why did you decide to switch to vaporizing?

1. Health

59 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Efficiency

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Stealth

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Etc

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I started vaping because of FC. I came here because of this thread. After reading through the whole thread I started looking at options for vaping flower. An old roommate had a volcano that I had used a lot and I had used a vapor bothers whip vape before but I looooove bong rips and the volcano/vapor bros just didn’t do it for me to totally stop combustion. FC opened my eyes to just how many different vapes there are and vape bong rips. My first vape was a LSV. I was immediately in love with it (and vaping) and gave up combustion as soon as I got it. I do occasionally take bong hits at friends house but it just reminds me of how nasty smoking is.

ilsasta, Shooby, C No Ego and 5 others like this.
  2. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

not until you break out the gravity Vapor bong will your friends be Like :science:

Hjalmark, Dank_Star and Squiby like this.
  3. KingofWisdom

KingofWisdom Member

I never enjoyed smoking. I started with edibles, wanted to expand my horizons, so I started smoking. I enjoyed the differences in each strain but I hated cleaning glass and the hits just didn't taste good (they were gross). My brother bought a couple vapes from the local head shop to try them out, I was hesitant to try vaping at the time. I fell in love with it immediately, so much tastier, the high is better, less smell, etc. It was everything I wanted. I occasionally still smoke blunts and joints because I don't like to turn down other people's offers, but I only smoke now if someone is offering.

4. Shooby

Shooby Sapphire Dabs

I combusted for 20+ years and only recently fucked combustion in June when my father died of lung cancer.
    I did try vaping years ago with the volcano and even some handheld plastic flower vapes but it only got me a lil stoned. Like the volcano, i could go through 2 or 3, 2 foot bags and still not be pleased until i combusted.

The dispensary budtenders actually introduced me onto quartz bangers and from that point, I was hooked and looked for better ways to vape.

Now I am 100% combustion free minus the few times my flowerpot combusted. Hate when that happens as i have to clean the rig and everything to get rid of that combustion smell!

Now when i smell someone smoking a joint, the smell is disgusting. I used to love it!

Hjalmark, Willy, ilsasta and 5 others like this.
  5. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

Voted efficiency, although "taste" could also fit the bill for me.

Was burning through about an ounce a month, sometimes more. Big bong, big bowl, big rips, little weed.

Got vaporizers, started being more efficient. Saving money.....which I then spent on more vaporizers :lol:

It really is super efficient....I smoke every day, multiple times a day (minimum of 3, upwards of 7-8 depending on day of week)......I go through about an eighth a week, if that. So my usage was halfed :)

Hjalmark, ilsasta and C No Ego like this.
  6. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

ha ha, when you vape you still say smoke... I always remind people, uh hum it's Vapor not smoke

Hjalmark and HellsWindStaff like this.
  7. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Something I deeply regret of my very early smoking days was the habit to finish the whole thing, nothing left unburned

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
    Really, only thinking about it is emetic

I would like to say that health is what made me switch but in the end it was my first real good vape, arizer solo, that let my taste the difference and choose for the good

Health intent was there 2-3 yrs before too when I tried my first vape: a cheapo heating copper dish in a glass sphere and a whip thinghie worth nothing

When used to smoke I did not see the long term economy but only the “huge” in some case price of vapes (volcano classic was around 650€ before 2010?) so i waited for them to become popular

Hjalmark likes this.
  8. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

What made you switch?

- the light bulb ;) :rofl:

(4 real my first vaping experience :evil: long long times before the volcanos erupted...but it wasn't THAT convincing tbh :lol:)
    main argument for me was actually the smell improvement in the house and the taste in my mouth

Hjalmark and Squiby like this.
  9. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Member

Used to mix weed with tobacco, and roll it in papers,

1 years worth of rolling papers and cigarettes was around the price of the volcano, if not more.(1 pack of 20 smokes is around 6 euro here)

Surely I would have started vaping earlier if someone had educated me proper on how to actually use cannabis in the first place. Good thing we have the internet tho!

But yea, i think the illegality of the herb is what have caused a lot harm. Since that often limit information shared in the local community etc.

Hjalmark and Squiby like this.
  10. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

a pretty common thought, but be careful with that type of thinking, u will probably end up being anoter vaporizer acquiring syndrome (VAS) victim - a serious sickness, but there is a 42 vapes program to cure it :p
    the last vape i got i didn't needed - but it was cheap and it looks cool
    it is really really bad performing - but it looks cool
    it is probably not even healty - but it looks cool :lol:
    yes, it was a vapir vapormatic deluxe :cool:
    VAS is somehow manageable by getting some low interrest credit from your future self for the tobacco savings of the next years ;) and after completing the 42 vapes program you will only have a little need left for grinders and glass...
    To justify/finance that you could start looking up prices for a new lung to compare :evil:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM
    Hjalmark likes this.
  11. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Member

hahahah wuuut:rofl:

Hjalmark likes this.
  12. Laantje

Laantje Well-Known Member

In the Netherlands I've learned to smoke joints with tobacco, which is normal here. This gave me an addiction to tobacco aswell. After 5 years I was so sick of the tobacco, but I couldn't quit aslong as I would still roll my joints with tobacco. Rolling a joint with only weed made me cough so much I just couldn't enjoy it.

Thats when I bought an Arizer Air a year ago. Since then I haven't been smoking anymore, maybe a few cigs when I was drunk at my brother's bachelor party or marriage. Other than that, I've been off tobacco while I used to smoke atleast 3~5 cigs a day. Vaping truly is the best, my throat and lungs feel way better ever since I switched. I feel more energic throughout the day and I save so much money.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors