1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What made you switch?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Few Minute Programming, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Why did you decide to switch to vaporizing?

1. Health

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. Efficiency

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Stealth

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Etc

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Few Minute Programming

Few Minute Programming I make videos

Hi FC,

I personally began vaping when I got tired of smelling bad/feeling bad/and the inefficiencies of combustion. When I got my first vaporizer, it was a whole new world that I wish I knew earlier. Despite the investment of $100, the amount of money I've saved on herb and on my health is priceless. It was such a big deal to me that I happily am known as the "vape guy" in my circle and always when asked discuss the benefits of vaporizing vs combustion.

So, my question for you guys is, what made you switch? What do you wish you've known before hand?

Personally, I wish there was more informative youtube content about vaporizing that is based on science instead of personal antidotes. Then I decided to make one, if you're interested the video is here:
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Little Bill, Squonk, ataxian and 7 others like this.
  2. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Great topic.

For me, it was definitely the type of effects and control over them. I'm a medical user, so I needed a certain level of medication in order to stop vertigo and the nausea that accompanied it. At that time, I was combusting. The level of medication I needed to address my symptoms also impaired me. Wasn't very functional and didn't want to be. But I needed to be functional, so researched dosage control and other things that could tailor the effects of cannabis. The dominant set of information I found dealt with vaporizing lending itself to greater control. The rest is history (which is available in a 5 billion thread forum called FC, as I made a lot of my journey here! :rockon: )

Little Bill, Alegre, ataxian and 7 others like this.
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I wish I had known sooner the benefits of vaporizing. I wanted to vaporize but in a healthy way.

I think the problem is some folks don't stop the combustion entirely and they get disappointed with the effects. I stopped combustion five years ago this December. It was one of the best things I ever did.

Remember you need to fuck the combustion first.

An added bonus is usually the weed bill goes down. Some folks say they use more at first when they switch over to vaporizing. I probably use half the amount than I used before.

Little Bill, Alegre, ataxian and 7 others like this.
  4. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

For me it was all about the stealth aspect of it in the beginning. It wasn’t until I found the FC that I realized the health benefits of vaping.

5. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

It's all about health for me. I got my first conduction vaporizer in the early 90s and immediately knew it would be replacing my combustion. We used to call the reclaim from inside the globe hash oil =) It wasn't but it tasted so good. I finally kicked for good both herb and tobacco smoke and now vaporize only.

6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

For me as I got older I was more conscious of my health. Often when we are young we don't think about that. Anyway I didn't.

7. Few Minute Programming

Few Minute Programming I make videos

Luckily for me, I started vaping basically as soon as I started using cannabis. I couldn't understand the draw of smoking.

Little Bill, ataxian, steama and 3 others like this.
  8. Dank_Star

Dank_Star In space no one can hear you purr.

Unfortunately in my case my vaping journey began after damaging my right lung with way too many years of smoking. I'd started baking with flowers as an alternative (banana loaf anyone ?) when a relative introduced me to his volcano. I realised immediately that vaporising was the game changer I was looking for. So for me health first and foremost, with decreasing weed bills providing great motivation to not go back to setting fire to plants.

Little Bill, ataxian, steama and 3 others like this.
  9. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Although I had quit smoking tobacco years before, I had a definite smokers' cough that prompted concerned-uncool family & friends to urge me to get my lungs checked out. This was before I had left the Cannabis Closet. After a week or so of getting the hang of a "Hot Box" whip vaporizer, I was cough-free, and I was no longer wheezing like a broken down car.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I have combustion glass I haven't broken yet so I haven't quit smoking, I just expanded my horizons.

11. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I hated the way a combustion bong hit felt like it was coating the inside of my lungs with a tar resin, which it was. I just realized that what I was doing was horrible so I quit combustion and dedicated myself to vaping.

One day it hit me like a ton of bricks that 'smoking' herb was a poor excuse to get high.

:myday:

12. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

A spontaneous phenmothorax haha.

Dank_Star, steama and ataxian like this.
  13. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Do what work's!

For me?
    I quit drugs for my illness.

CANNABIS was great because there were no side effect!

However ZIG-ZAG's I could not handle like when I was young.

VAPORIZING saved my life.

PLUS + FLAVOR + EFFECT + READ FASTER + IMPROVED UNDERSTANDING OF LIFE +

CIVILIZED + VAPORIZING + CANNABIS = INTELLIGENTSIA

14. Dramma Lamma

Dramma Lamma Looks like a job for!

Started to switch as it seemed helathier, at the time I was very dedicated to physical exercise for a living.

In the end realized I switched and am here to stay because it just tastes so many times better.

15. Ein14Here

Ein14Here Tolerance break atm

I made the switch to vaping, because it was stinking up my family house and I could save money. Two birds with one stone...

steama, macbill, Little Bill and 5 others like this.
  16. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Grabbed my first vape to use on a cruise ship so I would not smell like i just crawled out of a bong when going to dinner or the shows.
    Liked it so much, I used that vape exclusively for a year. Babying it and cleaning it after each load to the point of fucking combustion for good.
    Then I found FC. :worms:

:doh:

17. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

I started switching because I wanted to stop with the tobacco

Then after getting away from the nicotine addiction I realized how amazing vaping was

Now I got an vape addiction

Is there a helpline for VAS?

ataxian, steama, boon and 5 others like this.
  18. DrRishi

DrRishi Well-Known Member

It was a health thing for me. Waking up every morning coughing stated to get really boring!
    Also not wanting to walk up more than one flight of stairs was a sign.

I have spent a fortune or various vapes but my weekly bill for consumption has gone down drastically. I used to be a hash only guy. Now i vape mainly herb with the occasional dab.

ataxian, Hjalmark, steama and 3 others like this.
  19. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I smoked joints mixed with tobacco (as is normal in my country) for 15+ years and having quitted cigarettes 10 years before I was growing really sick of it as a method of consumption. Most of my friends are cigarette smokers and I could only smoke joints rolled by me or by someone I knew wouldn't put a ton of tobacco in it and after a night particularly heavy on my lungs I said fuck it and bought my first vape. Then I realized how much of the good part of the high I had missed for years and doing the full switch has been really easy.

ataxian, Dank_Star, Hjalmark and 5 others like this.
  20. boon

boon Well-Known Member

Like others european stoners i smoked weed with tobacco. I switch to quit tobacco and nicotin thanks to FC community and my fellow vapman. Then i discover this amazing taste, effect and efficiency. My mini HomeGrownLogs suit my needs at home but VAS still in the corner :doh:

21. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

I had a few reasons... my health has taken a turn for the worse over the last few years, before that I was uber fit but alas I'm far from that now. So quitting smoking was the real aim, improve my health and the extortionate price in the UK.

Got a vape in April but didn't FC until september and I'm loving it! I still vape nicotine but this will end soon :D

ataxian, Dank_Star and Hjalmark like this.
  22. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

I did a ton of research about Cannabis and vaporizing, so I was fortunate enough to never have started smoking it, in the first place.:tup:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors