1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What KIND of water do you use in your glass?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Blueberryyumyum, Nov 29, 2017.

?

What KIND of water do you use in your glass?

1. Tap Water

56 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Distilled Water

34 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Demineralized Water

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Reverse Osmosis Water

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Other (specify it below)

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

@disGRUNTled I always admire your set-ups & glass in your photos, I've told you this. But I had no idea you were pouring Pellegrino in that glass, you posh fucker! :haw: You're absolutely the coolest! Btw, I would have never known of grind mode without you. What I dig is all the variety of music in the videos you post! Anyway back OT, you obviously notice and prefer something about it or else why, right? So what is it about the P-water that you like? Do the fizzy carbonated bubbles do anything? Please tell us, Professor!

disGRUNTled and Squiby like this.
  2. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Ha thanks man, as far as the Pellegrino goes I own a business we do open houses every week , so my wife had a bunch of cases at the office because nobody drinks it. So I thought I would take a case home and try it out in one of my pieces.There is no fizz though looks like normal water . What I have noticed is 2 things compared to tap water it keeps the glass way cleaner and it also does not "develop" flavors for me after a while of having the same tap water in the glass it would develop a flavor I could taste when I would vape.

3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I use delivered purified bottled water. Pretty sure it is RO. The tap water around here has way too much chlorine and I can't even make coffee with it. Can't stand the smell.

I also always use CE. I only need hot water to clean the glass every day.

When I combusted (and before CE) I only changed my water every 4 or 5 days at most. Today I would probably puke if I tried that... :disgust:

4. Mr. Whitewall

Mr. Whitewall Well-Known Member

I buy my distilled water in 5L jugs at the supermarket. It's for refilling steam irons.
    They used to sell them in pharmacies but disppeared misteriously and even the same employees that sold it to me months ago wouldn't remember a thing!

latulipe999 and JCharles like this.
  5. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

I use tap water. Guess I'm lucky, mine tastes and smells just as good as anything I've ever had in a bottle.

6. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I live in the city voted for the best tap water in the world. I’ve never used anything else or have seen a need to. I don’t get mineralization or anything happening to my glass.

7. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Tap it baby!

pxl_jockey likes this.
  8. Ech0_

Ech0_ Member

Have to say, I used to use tap water then moved to piece water but after reading this thread / the stickied cranberry extract post on main page, I tried that out and am loving it.

Boiled water + 6-8 drops of Cranberry extract + 1/2 tea spoon of citric acid and it lasts for a good 3-5 days in my experience, plus the issue I had with regularly getting ulcers near/around the back of my throat since switching to vaping has disappeared which is the cherry on top.

cybrguy and disGRUNTled like this.
  9. latulipe999

latulipe999 Well-Known Member

Nobody answered your question. The high is real ! :lol:

I'm in the same case and do exactly the same as you without boiling.

I only add some RezBlock and it's a perfect shine !

I don't think there is a health issue about demineralized water. Do not worry my vape buddy !

[​IMG]

Cheers !

pxl_jockey likes this.
  10. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Just want to suggest that you read the Rezblock/CE thread.
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock-cranberry-extract.8060/
    Cranberry extract is literally identical to Rezblock, and Rezblock is like 5 times as expensive. Someone, I think maybe @Vitolo actually took it to a chemist to be analyzed and they are the same.

They work great, but there is no reason to pay the premium for Rezblock.
    The citric acid is the only part I don't do. Without it the CE will develop bacteria colonies in time so I change the water every day. Honestly I like the freshness of the water on daily changing anyway. And all that is necessary to clean my pieces is hot water.

11. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I don't use water. My WP does a great job of cooling the vapor by itself.

12. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I tried that for a while on one of my pieces, but it got dirty fast, and with no CE cleaning it is a bitch (comparatively I guess). It was tastier for sure, tho, so there is definitely an upside. No loss of goodness in the water. But having to pull out the PBW all the time is pretty unattractive after using the CE for so long...

GreenHopper and Squiby like this.
  13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

yes... I paid a compounding pharmacy to send it out and get the breakdown.
    Identical minus .35% of the citric acid used within.
    I did eventually stop using the products because I had to keep after the bacterial buildup if I forgot the water in a piece for a week or more.... and also, I felt that the Cranberry extract (and Rez-Block) kept some of the cannabinoids of the stickier nature within the water.... things I felt that should be entering my body.
    With plain water, there is some mess, but I am able to do both: filter it and then reclaim it with Iso, and use it later.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  14. simba

simba @weedanwine

Ok so I was so down for using Green tea, only one issue...it looks like piss lol

MinnBobber, GreenHopper and JCharles like this.
  15. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Green tea? That's really interesting! I want to try it.

Are you changing water every day? week? session?

16. simplywonderful

simplywonderful Member

I used to got big ass water bottle those big water jugs with water from some pristine mountain. It was in my combustion days so Im ashamed to say that I filled big bowl and smoked it, Im glad that I dont smoke
    Please op what is it on your avatar picture
    I heard co2 is not good for your health but... give you extra buzz, :D

I used distilled water in pharmaceutical quality, when I asked about if its R.O she gave me dumbo face, Here it cost about a penny

17. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

On my easy flow pen bubbler, I clean it regularly w/ distilled water but i never use it filled up. After rinsing I purge it of all excess water, and the droplets that remain inside still cool the vapor but without affecting flavor at all. It's a win-win...I don't have to deal with filling it just right, but I still get vapor cooling and no flavor loss.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. simplywonderful

simplywonderful Member

:D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  19. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Tears of the innocent.

Mulchmaker, RUDE BOY and Squiby like this.
  20. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

I use well water, neutral PH, 330 ppm. Tap into the Rockies =)

21. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

distilled...with drop down = clean water unit and smoother pulls off my bigger piece

ensabbahnur and asdf420 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors