What is wax?

Angus!

Older and wiser
I used to smoke weed and hash in the 60's and 70's so all these terms are new to me. I'm just looking for a vaporizer with which I can vape hash chunks and I was told that the Source Orb 4 was perfect for wax, whatever that is. Or do I have to go back to sticking it on the end of a pin.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Vaporware

A VapCap is a cheap and easy way to handle hash, but most vaporizers that are manually heated or can be set to pretty high temps should work.

Wax is just a term for some types of concentrates with a certain consistency (same with shatter, crumble, etc.). There are a bunch of them that you don’t need to worry about unless you have or want those types of concentrates.

If you want to look beyond hash though, rosin might be the best to look at.

Good luck! :science:

Angus!

Older and wiser
Thanks. Is there a primer out there that tells me what is what? To me Rosin is something I would rub on a violin bow and if I google "What is Wax", all I get is descriptions of parafin. I'm pushing 70 and want to get back into it since it's all legal now in Canada. I'm also told that the Cannabis now is a lot stronger than in my days, but the hash I took on a pin (Afghan Majar Sharif) doesn't do a thing for me. I miss a good Black Afghan.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Welcome, Angus. You've come to the right place to learn about the world of vaping. I am daily amazed at the collected insights and wisdom from my fellow members here on FC. May you find what you are looking for, and I am eager to hear what you have to say of the world. :leaf:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Thanks. Is there a primer out there that tells me what is what? To me Rosin is something I would rub on a violin bow and if I google "What is Wax", all I get is descriptions of parafin. I'm pushing 70 and want to get back into it since it's all legal now in Canada. I'm also told that the Cannabis now is a lot stronger than in my days, but the hash I took on a pin (Afghan Majar Sharif) doesn't do a thing for me. I miss a good Black Afghan.

The search term you are looking for is "cannabis concentrates" - what you are describing seems to me like simply hash.

"wax" is pretty much just slang for a specific type of cannabis concentrate that has a similar texture to actual wax... or at least I assume that's how it got it's name.

Cheers and hope you find what you are looking for.

Vaporware

The concentrates would be stronger than the flower you remember for sure, but the flower may or may not. People do tend to go for the highest THC they can right now though, so if that’s not what you want you might ask for lower THC or high CBD.

Rosin is basically just the result of heating flower a bit and applying a lot of pressure to squish the good stuff out. Some of the other concentrates are extracted with butane or other solvents...if they’re done by professionals they should be fine, but I like the idea of rosin better. :)

You can learn a lot hanging around here, but there are sites like leafly.com (and many others) with a lot of information aimed more at the general public if you don’t want to delve too deep into forums like this. If you’re very interested in vaporizers though, this is the place to be!

Top Bottom