What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleg92

I have a baker vaporizer. Ibe had soak the bullet and shook it vigorously in iso. The bullet is indeed clean however there is this gunk on the bottom thay I've tried to clean and it still doesn't come out. What is it?

2uynfjq.jpg
[/IMG]
2uynfjq.jpg

Last edited:
Oleg92,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Just more baked on tar/resin than a vigorous shaking of iso will remove. You would probably need to soak the screen overnight and blow it out with an air compressor just to free up more of the holes. Or just replace the screen.

Oleg92

Thank for the replies:) is there anymore tips I should know about? I tried vigorously shaking but I'll try overnight soak

Oleg92,

djonkoman

torching is also how I clean my screens. I hold them with pliers to avoid burning my fingers, put a torch lighter on it, and then a quick brush with a metal brush, finishing by blowing on it(just blowing is enough too, but once I did that too quickly and touched my lip with the still-hot screen, so I had a burned lip). I find it way easier and faster as using iso, no messing with wet screens etc, just a simple torch and seconds later you can use the screen again.

Oleg92

Can I just set it on 750 degreed on empty or do I really need a touch lol

Does it decrease performance or it doesn't matter does anybody know lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oleg92,
Reactions: OF

Mr. Whitewall

In most vapes, airflow does really matter! Maybe the conduction ones less so, but still...If there's a screen anywhere it is highly advisable you keep it clean or performance will be greatly reduced. Even combustion bongs and pipes (:zombie:) favor good airflow too!

The least aggressive method might be to pass a toothbrush over it a few times, after soaking as advised, and being careful not to press too much on it to avoid damaging screen I presume? I try to avoid torches altogether when I'm medicated...:2c:

:peace:

Last edited:

Oleg92

I'm trying soak it in iso again but this time over night and I'll try to scrape it with the brush they gave you and use air duster any other tips?

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I Vape quite a bit of Hash in my Vape, which inevitably leads to screen clogs every three-four days..

I soak in 99% and use an old Toothbrush to scrape the remaining residue, which is the same screen that came pre- installed when I bought it.

Was actually just thinking about replacing it, but .. Damn, its still like new.

What can I say?:shrug: I'm frugal.

Hashtag46&2,

OF

Can I just set it on 750 degreed on empty or do I really need a touch lol

No, that won't do the same thing, a torch is better, laughing aside. Torches bring higher temperature and active ions in the flame to bind with the Carbon (making CO2). Baking at elevated temperatures only hardens the deposits more making a bigger mess.

However I think you'll get much better results washing the parts in Powdered Brewery Wash rather than trying to dissolve the tar/deposits in ISO or even much more aggressive solvents. The stuff is designed to was this very sort of baked on hydrocarbon junk from brew kettles without mechanical assistance. Hot soaks are enough for the grodiest junk I've come up against (including friends 'years neglected' bongs klagged up by combustion. There's an excellent thread on the topic:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Detergents work differently than solvents, IMO better.

I'd rethink torching it, I think you'll find it's a traditional solution for solid reasons (it works) as long as the material (SS?) will take the temperature. Heat it until it glows then brush the ash off when cool

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom