What is the best way to store concentrates?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
All glass, all the time. Cooled if possible.

Used to be FIRMLY in the silicone camp until time after time Id get jars that leech, doesn't matter the brand or the level of curing....invariably material would soak into the silicone, giving it a dirty feel.

Now all my live resins are in glass jars on their own shelf in the fridge, when I go to festivals I pack up a portable lunch box with blue ices I swap out of the main coolers. IMO storage temps of live resins are critical, cooler the better.

I save up all my "empty" jars until I have a decent stack of about 40-50, I use a curve tool and a flat tool to get EVERYTHING out of them, into a few insanely medicating dabs.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It's been a month since this was discussed, but I'll add this in case it benefits anyone. I came here to learn how to store the concentrates I just picked up and got a lot of good advice.

When it comes to a near empty conc jar, someone on the FC once gave a great tip. Instead of scraping the jar, warm it up with lighter for a few seconds to get the wax/oil soft. Then take a piece of organic cotton or hemp fiber, roll it around the end of a wooden skewer, and swab out the leftover conc like a mop. I tried it twice and it worked out perfectly. In each case I dropped the cotton into my nano and vaped that shit. Every last bit fucked me up.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It's been a month since this was discussed, but I'll add this in case it benefits anyone. I came here to learn how to store the concentrates I just picked up and got a lot of good advice.

When it comes to a near empty conc jar, someone on the FC once gave a great tip. Instead of scraping the jar, warm it up with lighter for a few seconds to get the wax/oil soft. Then take a piece of organic cotton or hemp fiber, roll it around the end of a wooden skewer, and swab out the leftover conc like a mop. I tried it twice and it worked out perfectly. In each case I dropped the cotton into my nano and vaped that shit. Every last bit fucked me up.

Or just use a honey-straw (A.K.A. - nectar collector) to vape those last bits right out of the container.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A lot of wine-fridges (especially the most affordable ones) are compressor based and won't be suitable.
Why do you need a peltier fridge when the concentrates are in sealed containers, peltier fridges are usually cheaper than compressor fridges here and cost 3-5 times as much to run.

biohacker

Why do you need a peltier fridge when the concentrates are in sealed containers, peltier fridges are usually cheaper than compressor fridges here and cost 3-5 times as much to run.

Herbivore21 is no longer a member here, unfortunately. I have no idea why the type of fridge compressor would make a difference. I keep debating between storing mine in the fridge vs the cool basement, but they have been in the basement for several months and I never have any issues (buddering etc)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks @biohacker , I am just trying to decide how I am going to go about storing for the long term. I am starting to amass quite a pile of buds since fucking combustion(over 2lb in 9 months), so I am thinking I might turn them into concentrates as it might last/store longer, maybe a slug.33, not sure what to do.
Not a bad position to be in any way you look at it I suppose. The buds are in a cold dark closet in glass jars with a digital humidity gauge in each(55-60%) , so should be OK for a while.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey was just told by someone that is a diabetic, he uses a insulin travel pack. It has two thin ice packs that keep his concentrates cold outside. Hot summer days is hard to work with concentrates.

Very interesting, especially the evaporative cooling cases such as:

Frio Insulin Cooling Case, Reusable Evaporative Medication Cooler – Mini Wallet, Purple https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WTM65W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9ZeABb68CEAA4

You dip the inner pouch in water to activate and soak the beads. Then as the water evaporates, it keeps it cool. The product advertises it will keep it at 78deg F for 48 hours in 100 deg heat.

Something like this would be PERFECT for camping/festivals or just keeping concentrates in your car.

You're not relying on refrigeration to keep things cold, perfect for off the grid type of adventures.

You'd need to put your goods in a water proof bag, but no big deal imo.

Thanks for the idea!

BiPolarBear

always wondered this myself as I probably wasted some by leaving them in a more humid area where I'd see them start to turn to a crumble. Still had potent effects but not longer glass.

BiPolarBear,
Top Bottom