What is the best tasting spirit you ever tasted.....

lwien

Ok, not the ghostly kind of spirit, but the drinking kind, served straight up or on the rocks. No beer here, no wine.

About 20 years ago, when I was working as a marketing manager, I did tons of advertising in local newspapers and radio stations here in Los Angeles. Around Christmas time, I'd get Christmas presents from the station managers and ad managers of the papers in appreciation for the tons of money we'd spend with them. One year, one of the sales reps from KROQ gave me a bottle of Louis Royer XO Cognac.

Now I'm not a regular drinker, and if I was out and about, I would never order a cognac. Just not my thing, and I surely wouldn't buy this at over a 100 dollars a bottle. Took it home, cracked it open, poured a little bit into a brandy glass and took a sip..................OMFG !!! I have never tasted anything like this, then, or since. I was actually able to taste the grapes through the alcohol. I mean, I know that brandies are distilled from wine, but I NEVER tasted any kind of brandy where I could actually make out the taste of grapes. Sooooo nice..............

So what's yours? A brandy, a single malt scotch, a bourbon, a rum, a vodka, a blended whiskey, a.....etc??

lwien,

SD_haze

This isn't on the expensive side, at 16-20 a bottle if you can find it, but is my favorite spirit drink.

Fire & Ice
50% Ice / 50% FireWater
Both bottles straight from the freezer

Somehow tastes as smooth as a lot of 80 proof spirits.

Schnapps_Pictures_001-Ice_101.jpg

Schnapps_Pictures_001-Fire_water.jpg

SD_haze,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Cold winter day +
Goldschlager-gbg.jpg

= toasty warmness

smokum,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
All self respecting Danes have this in their freezer. We call it "snaps." While some equate it's taste to rubbing alcohol, I happen to love the stuff.

aalborg_final211.jpg

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
For me, nothing beats Blanton's on the rocks. I'm a Kentucky boy at heart, so bourbon is my thang.

Edit: I always have a bottle of Fernet Branca in the freezer as well. :tup:

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom