What is the best log Vaporiser on the market today

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yes the small light ones are probably switched mode power supplies and are better regulated than the heavier, bulkier transformer based power supplies. Vorrange's power supply sounds like the switched mode type. The only way to be certain about the voltage is by measuring it with a voltmeter at night and in the day.

I have a multimeter from my brother here at home.. how do i measure the output voltage?

vorrange,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Ideally you want to measure the voltage while the power supply is plugged into the vape. It's a bit of a pain in the arse unfortunately. Basically you need a plug with screw terminals so that you can put the voltmeter probes on them. I made an adapter by joining a socket and plug together. It goes between the power supply and the vape.

hazy,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Forgive my ignorance between unregulated and regulated power supplies but if they are basically just a transformer then the the output voltage is a function of the input voltage. So if during the day when your neighborhood power grid has the AC's and other appliances loading it down it could drop the input voltage. + or - 10 volts could impact performance fairly easily i would think.

Puffers,

rayski

Forgive my ignorance between unregulated and regulated power supplies but if they are basically just a transformer then the the output voltage is a function of the input voltage. So if during the day when your neighborhood power grid has the AC's and other appliances loading it down it could drop the input voltage. + or - 10 volts could impact performance fairly easily i would think.
What you say is true for an unregulated power supply but not the regulated ones which output a measured voltage.

rayski,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ideally you want to measure the voltage while the power supply is plugged into the vape. It's a bit of a pain in the arse unfortunately. Basically you need a plug with screw terminals so that you can put the voltmeter probes on them. I made an adapter by joining a socket and plug together. It goes between the power supply and the vape.

I dont know if all outlets are like this but the ones at my house have a bar on each side that you can test the voltage on. If his outlet is similar for testing purposes only he could take the cover off and do a test with the outlet under the load of the vape.

Puffers,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
We're trying to measure the output of the power supply, not the input.

hazy,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ah that makes sense thanks hazy is that because it's a regulated power supply? If it was a unregulated supply wouldn't that work?

Edit: in retrospect that would only tell you if there was a voltage drop under load or changes at different times in the day it wouldn't rule out a problem with the supply

Puffers,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the input Hazy, I thought you'd be following this :tup:

I continued with the test anyways and as expected I didn't notice a temp difference with my HI after leaving it on last night. Perhaps my PSU is just to steady, I'm not sure which one I was using back when I thought I noticed a temp increase at night & I doubt I still have it even (I threw out the unregulated ones after I got my beast of a VV), but it was just as hot as when I went to bed last night.

OhTheAgony,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom