What is the best log Vaporiser on the market today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fail

My PD died today. After tearing it apart I see that the inner chamber is all burned out inside...
I wonder what is the recommended Vape that can replace my PD.

fail,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm sorry for your lost.

I'm not sure if you are allowed to ask that question that way though, and I don't know you well enough to tell you which one would be best for you neither.

If the best one for you is one that is actually available at the moment however that would narrow it down quit a bit, unless you're also interested in the used market perhaps.

You could check out the Underdog, the Epic vape, the Wychwood, and that other one I keep forgetting (old cities something..?) and then decide which one would suit you best or appeals to you the most.

I left the Woodies off that list because that one kinda slipped off my radar, btw. I'm not sure if it's even still available anymore, and as far as I know it doesn't come with an insulated core so it will probably have the same charing problem as you PD at one point in time. Don't take my word for it though.

OhTheAgony,

fail

I am looking now at Underdog and it looks like they are not using ceramic chambers.
After using PD without a
ceramic chamber, I have noted that PD was leaching brown shit into the chamber.
This time I am interested in vapes with
ceramic chambers only.

fail,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The new Underdogs have an insulated core. I'm not sure if it's ceramic, though. I just had mine retrofitted and it runs much cooler on the outside than before, while running a little hotter in the "business area".
:2c:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I'm a little rushed right now Sticks, can we just copy & paste perhaps? ;)

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
or link it!

I thought it funny that you and i were both chiming in on multiple, similar newbie questions.

stickstones,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
To be honest I feel the Solo and logs are a bit too different to replace one another. I see the similarities as well, but after using the Solo as my daily driver for months in a row I just got tired of the restricted draw & I was also looking for something that could produce the same density vapor with even smaller amounts (told you I'm cheap).

Crap, should I have put that in the other thread?

You could just merge them if you feel they are similar enough, you're the moderator here after all :D

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
damn, ota...just checked your sig...you've got just about every log vape I haven't tried! So I've got some Q's for ya.

1 -- How does the Solo air flow compare to the UD's, WW and Vapo? I rank the Solo in between the PD and the HI, and Ed's stem makes it even better. I kind of figured the Solo was on par with the UD's, but I don't know. And I really want to know how the air flow is on the Vapolution.
2 -- How would you rank them for taste? I think the Solo tastes noticeably better than the PD and HI.

stickstones,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Perhaps we should just set up a proper log-vape comparison-thread, or even revive the one Gonzo already started last year or so, if FC rules permits that nowadays.

..glances over to the PAX/MFLB comparison thread.. :rolleyes:

They are all really really close Sticks. If I had to rank them in order of least resistance I'd put the HI on 1, the WW on 2 and the UD on 3. But they really are so close that it's more like guessing without actually measuring it.

Compared to the Solo however putting the HI on 10 on a scale of one to ten I'd put the Solo on -1 :lol:

I've never got the chance to try a PD, but I did let Hazy try my Solo when we met and according to him the Solo has a much more restricted draw then his PD :shrug: I don't really notice an awful lot of difference in draw-restriction with Ed's stem btw, but it does produce some of the densest clouds after a little bit of warm up :o

I place all my logs above the Solo in terms of taste. The UD has a slight disadvantage imo, but that will depend on what finish you pick for it (in general that's only an option if you order a custom piece I believe) & only if you use it with it's original silicon stems or not (I use mine with the GonG WW stem mostly). But those are only applicable for people with very sensitive taste buds it seems, not everyone minds or even notices the silicon taste from what I've gathered from the UD thread, nor the taste smell of the finishes Dave uses. This finish varies btw, I still have the walnut oil based mixture in mind he used a year ago. For all I now he doesn't even use that anymore.

I checked your sign too btw :haw:

You could test your HI with your PD PSU as well (just adding to OKComputers tip from the other thread, to make things a little more confusing :lol: ). I do know they can go up to 14 + V though, so I wouldn't leave it on it for hours straight & if it's to easy to combust with it stop using it immediately pls. Or do you have a volt- or multimeter so you could check some values first perhaps? If you have the one that comes with the HI it would make more sense to try that first though.

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks ota...how about the vapo...where do you rank that in airflow compared to your logs.

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just did an impromptu, totally unscientific test of airflow comparisons. From most restrictive to least (of the test subjects I used):
PD - Solo - CRZ - Vapo2 - UD - WW

The PD, Solo and CRZ were very similar and could easily be flip-flopped in the above list by a different subject (user).
:2c:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Stu, I think I can finally give up on wanting a CRZ after your comparison :tup:

Really Sticks, the Vapo? :rofl:

I'm not even sure if I still have that one, and if it's any condition to breath through if I do.

Ok, I found it :haw:

Man, it must have been ages since I used it, at least a year before I even joined this website I think. I must have had some hash in there the last time I tried it, it still smells like Hija, lol

I'm gonna try to vape a bowl out of it now I actually know a thing or two about vaporization :D

It's about on par with the HI and WW I'd say, compared to the Solo's -1 and the HI's 10. Perhaps a 10 plus even. I did the comparison between the logs vapes with both Ed's Zap stem and Dave's silicon stem on all vapes btw (both empty), just to make sure it wasn't just the stem that made the difference.

Do keep in mind I have the Vapo 2 btw, whatever that 2 may stand for :lmao:

edit: I only just noticed Stu apparently has a Vapo2 too!!

But according to you the Vapo is more restricted than the WW?

*tries again*

It's really close for me, but I'm still tempted to give the upper hand to the Vapo. Which stem(s) did you do your comparison with?

edit nr 2: wait, does your Vapo 2 refer to the Vapolution perhaps Stu?

Because I am talking about this one:

200902d1291723681-freebase-pipe-options-spice-vapo-bulb.jpg

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sorry ota...we are talking about the vapolution 2, which I thought you meant in your sig. What in the fuck is that thing you have?

I'm trying to merge these two threads, but apparently I can't moderate for shit!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lmao, that actually is the Vapo 2, it was my first vape ever.

I actually got some visible vapor with it just now :haw:

Letting it cool off to check the ABV color :lmao:

Oh man, I'm having so much fun.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ota has what looks like a very rare suped up light bulb vape :lol:

Puffers,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's the production version of a lightbulb vape?

I only payed half of what they ask for it in that ^^ link I posted btw.

It actually worked. Very uneven colored ABV of course, but I got the majority of it pretty dark nevertheless. Very hot vapor though, my throat hurts now. Next time I'll hook it up to a bong :rofl:

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's really funny. :rofl:

I guess I shouldn't abreviate my Vapolution 2.0 as "Vapo2" anymore!

:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, glad I was still able to pay attention then :haw:

Sorry to steal your abbreviation. You can always call it 'lution' I guess :whoa:

OhTheAgony,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Guys, one of the most hilarious threads i had the pleasure to read lately. :)

How about Vap2? Because they vape too.

And informative as well, i liked how you assessed the different airflows. Interesting perspectives.

How about running temp with the regular power source, i would love to see how they measure in comparison to each other. I understand the CRZ is the cooler and the HI the hotter.

From what i read it would be something like:

cold - CRZ - PD - UD - WW- HI - hot

vorrange,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My CRZ runs hotter than my PDs. Where does the Vapo2 rate in that scale?:p
:peace:

Stu,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
That actualy makes more sense Stu. Since the airflow is more restrictive there is no need for a higher temp, otherwise it would follow a bad case of over vaporization aka combustion.

I'm guessing the Vapo would be somewhere around smoking hot.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom