What is distillate?

CalyxSmokr

I have been using stiiizy carts and pretty much like them. Flavors are mostly a miss but not too obnoxious for how strong they are.
But what is this distillate that the market seems to have settled on? Last time I looked into this it was people arguing about The Clear and how that was produced. I recall fractional distillation (co2?) and something about microwaves even.
Is this old tech now? Does anybody have any insight how this distillation is performed? I like this better than clear and the properties of it seem like an advance.
Is this already discussed in another thread??

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: arb

hd_rider

I too have wondered about distillates. I'm not even sure what you're supposed to do with them / how to consume them.

I found this from potguide.com:

Distillates are newer concentrate products and utilize highly scientific equipment to heat and vaporize the THC and CBD within the flower, bringing the vapor into a cooling system for consolidation and eventual collection into beakers. This process is repeated over and over again to create pure cannabinoids without residual solvents or plant matter.

A method called “short path distillation” is used to separate and collect cannabinoids from contaminants to create a clean, clear final product. The process of short path distillation leaves little terpene content. They are generally lost in the extraction process due to the amount of heat used. However, extraction artists and companies are introducing terpenes into the post-extraction process to create specialized and sought after flavors.

hd_rider,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Distillates are usually mostly pure THC, because the distillation process seperates everything else out.

You can “dab” distillates, like any other concentrate, or “liquidize” them to make ejuice mixes, etc. You can basically use it lile any other conventrate.

I prefer to have a more ribust mix including many other cannabanoids. But I can occasionally appreciate pute THC dabs, just not what I want all the time.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom