• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dabpress Rosin Plates

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
The mothership has landed...amazingly fast delivery times, Roger rly knows his business, took a
week from ordering to delivery in the EU...very nice !!

The Press is exceptionally well packed with fitting foam inserts so nothing can happen, only downside is there was no plastic cap on
the joint of the pump so there was a lil oil spilled during shipping..no biggie, i told Roger and he will take care and probably add a cap for future customers. Otherwise u just have to add the joint for the pump on the backside of the cylinder plug in the pump and ur set...ok heat up too :D

The press itself is rly tiny & beefy, i adore it..so much power in such a small form factor, this thing is smaller than my Mini Nugsmasher but has 5 times the power...yeah u have external heating and pump but just can WOW..so nice :D :D :D

Electronics are too rly well built from what i can tell, u rly feel u get "a lot" for ur money...nice :)

208wako.jpg

Problem now is i dont rly have good herb on hand, just some automatics..nothing rly good (frosty) right now..the
best yield i always have with indoor :)

So after some lesser yield with auto sweet cheese i tried auto green crack which did not too shabby..heres a small vid..pressing process is soo nice with the pump i love it :D...rly want to add my gauge next but after a few tries u get the clue even without :)

A bit long i guess but i didnt stop time and applied pressure rllly slow...cant wait to get a good strain to do some more testing...unluckily im in a country where the beloved herb is prohibited so availability for more/better testing is a problem right now :D

All in all i am very happy...on small problem also occured in getting the wrong pre-press (i guess i was the first customer.. :) ) but after informing Roger he prompty sent out the right on and i can keep the old...rly good service even if some problems occur, thanks again...rly happy :D

anasrzi

Considering it's a "lesser" auto you've got quite the oil splatter @gunmetalshark great job Id be over the moon with a return that looks as good as that. Where abouts in the eu are you mate if you don't mind me asking? Amazing you got it inside of a week and that press looks to die for, I liked the bottle jack six ton but that SS beauty takes the cake really don't it.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
THanks mate, yeah..Roger´s using DHL Express from what ive seen....customs did take the longest hehe :)

THe press itself is rly tiny but what u have to keep in mind is that there is also the pump and heating unit.
Then the hose is also stiff..but for 700bar..understandable..so with all that stuff it will need a bit of place..but its managable :)
With a bit of effort pretty everywhere...my place is so small and it stills works ;D

Bunny

@Alexis sorry for the late reply have been really busy and I’m at the Isle of Wight at the moment. Sampling my Rosin in a Dabstorm 2.5 dab mod it’s Amazing for stealth hits and the first is tasty. I like that you can watch your dab melt unlike other dab pens.

Re terpenes yeah bud in the first few weeks is harsh plenty of throat irritation for me.I remember Skunk man Sam commenting that he would smoke his harvest straight away every year even though he knew he would loose his voice. He tries to avoid fresh now. He also believes lime Bubbleman that cured flower makes better extractions. Some of those terps need to break down. It’s Less bad in rosin from fresh bud. It does make you wonder about Live resin which is pretty wild stuff. Anyway rambling.
I have noticed I get more stoned hitting the Dabstorm and more uplifted hitting rigs maybe water filtration and larger hits are the reason. Much less is wasted in a good dab pen. But dabbing off quartz can’t be beaten. My new piece is almost done still haven’t seen photos! Laters

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis In regards to comparing units, I think the biggest points are - a) durability of frame, b) tonnage on tap, c) plate size, d) size and weight of unit itself.

That'd be a good way to compare units without actually having both in front to give the nuances (i.e. smoother jack operation in unit a vs unit b, greater ram distance per pump with unit a vs unit b, etc, stability during operation, etc).

Sounds like things are moving right along for you despite the hurdles, keep it up and positive vibes for progress!

I agree with @Bunny the terps aren't as harsh in the rosin vs the flower of the same cure, but I do find the rosin is a bit more scratchy on the throat the fresher the material (i.e. freshly dried->a week in jars). I do like to sample the presses and medicine at all the stages (except for fresh plucked) for my own benefit, I also like to understand how the buds mature, so I am typically sampling everything flower->rosin throughout. My 6 week cured material is pressing very nicely, I am going to introduce an oxy-absorber soon to try and put the cure in a stasis as I like what I'm getting now.

@Bunny that is quite interesting that you find the pen to get you more of the stoned effect, I also have a similar experience with my distillate pen and added terps. Definitely feel more stoned, and that short airpath can be a killer too! I am really in love with my enail and SiC halo dish, but I have a new 25mm quartz banger and inserts paired with a blazer gt8000 and some 6mm spheres for use w/o inserts. I'm not really big into torches because enails are so damn awesome, but I am wanting to play around with torch and bangers for it's portability, and the flavors pretty damn amazing too!

@gunmetalshark Congratulations on your SS press! It sure does look great in your workspace.

I thought your squish looked fantastic! BTW, I have been getting yields on my autos between 10-15%, I have a rough trim on the nugs so there is a bit of leaf weight which is probably not helping my yields but it is what it is. I'm getting about 0.6gr of rosin out of a 4gr squish pretty regularly. The rosin is always very potent and flavorful, so it's not weak by any stretch!

I'm happy to say the next round of medicine only has 1 Auto, so I am hopeful to get some serious resin and get back in the mid 20's, maybe the strawnana magic will yield 30% since it wont be from the caregiver :D

Alexis

@psychonaut thanks again man for yoir insights and generous advice.

@Bunny big thanks also man for your input. You guys are such a great sounding board. I would not have paid much attention to it except the irritation was much higher than in the past, surely due to the higher potency and superior condition needing curing a lot more initially.

Its smoothing out gradually. Of course I SHOULD just leave it alone, I dont need it now, but its just so lovely it's hard to resist lol.

My plan is to only be pressing well cured material. I am the tortoise in life. I have plenty of way inferior but not bad crop from last summer, cured since. Great for practice. This years will be far more appealing now so making rosin from the older stuff is a perfect solution.

I mean, it is ANYWAY right? One thing to me, this whole rosin movement and tech is a purely good and healthy thing in every sense it seems, and a truly great thing to be involved in I say. Such a vibrant and friendly scene.

The only obvious downside is the need for infinite product in the ideal World! Our divine right, taken away. Hence my great hopes and understandable anxieties as I work in this direction.

@Bunny I saw your grow diary you do grow amazing plants very impressive. Im not a pro like you but we do alright with limited conditions. Thanks again for your advicd bro take care have a good week. :tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis practicing on inferior stuff is a great way to turn the meds into something way more effective IMO, and would give you some appreciation and visual comparisons between how things went last effort, to this upcoming effort.

If your current flower is causing you irritation, I would highly recommend to press out at least a small batch for testing purposes.

Since you have the bottle jack press, if you have the strength to unbox it and put it up on a proper stand, you can be pressing within 10 minutes, and could really improve your intake experience.

Alexis

@Alexis practicing on inferior stuff is a great way to turn the meds into something way more effective IMO, and would give you some appreciation and visual comparisons between how things went last effort, to this upcoming effort.

If your current flower is causing you irritation, I would highly recommend to press out at least a small batch for testing purposes.

Since you have the bottle jack press, if you have the strength to unbox it and put it up on a proper stand, you can be pressing within 10 minutes, and could really improve your intake experience.
Yeah I hear you man, I know it is all very dead simple and automatic when it comes down to it. But it is like that really good book or film you can't wait to sit down and enjoy properly ready and in the mood once you have finished unpacking all of the boxes, metaphorically I mean.

So when I spontaneously bought my press I absolutely planned to wait until post harvest when I would be settled and at rest it's the same every year it's real hard work for my mum and I moving them around all day so carefully to get enough sun making sure we get them all indoors at the moment at the first hint of a shower but given the maximum light and sun and just generally fighting all fronts to keep everything on track.

And it's always culminates because we typically get damp weather in August with very changeable unpredictable conditions.
And every year when it is all done it such a wonderful sense of relief it seems like there are suddenly so much time and energy for past times and having fun.

Plus, until today when the new Digital Herborizer Ti arrived from France my only real device to use rosin with was the Elev8r and I tried a bit of rosin out for the first time which I member sent me last week but it didn't seem to work and I got no real vapor from it on the ceramic flavour disc at the same temperatures as I would use flower or higher when I bumped it up.

The Herbo has the Ti enail config which I dont think is very popular, but also the newish glass concentrate bowl which I have not yet heard any feedback on.

But I have one to test out now. So I havent exactly got a method of using any device I know will work even atm. Not got that far. I will in time test these 3 options out and consider others. A quartz banger and coil for my Auber controller seems like a good idea.

Cheers Psychonaut also for the assurances on the yields from Autos and the quality obviously will be good. This is throughout my only concern and is why I hope for the best harvest possible.
We have good stuff this time round I hope it will yield okay and what you say about your autos having some leaf on them- ours do too and this affecting your yield in the long run it increases your yield because you may get a lower percent per press but you are getting some extra actives out of those leaves.

That's how I look at it anyway, in the past we have deliberately left many more leaves on due to much leafier structure and lower yields. We dont have to now, but the sugar leaves are all sticky and frosted. I will choose to leave a bit of leaf to ADD yield to my presses if that makes sense.

Run out of thoughts....thanks and good night!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm personally not completely sold on leaving too much leaf on. It's more an effect of my carpal tunnel, it is difficult to do a good job without lengthy breaks.

I may actually start doing some manicuring before pressing. I have this theory that the leaf may just add to more plant matter the oil has to travel through to reach the parchment, which has potential for holding onto the oil.

I just did an 190 grain alcohol wash on 4oz of pressed pucks and got back about 3gr of green oil. I have no idea how much of that is chlorophyll, it was quite a long wash, but I am certain I pulled whatever resin was still in the pucks out. Of course this was mostly with well manicured caregiver flower, so it will be interesting for me to see the wash yields on the rough trim buds that were pressed.

As far as a proper dab setup for rosin w/o triggering a whole lot of VAS. A simple banger of your choice, flat top, with a properly fit carb cap, and a culinary torch. From DHGate the banger and carb cap would be around $15, the torch not sure, maybe another $15 for a mid grade one, and another $3-4 for butane. Hard to beat that setup for that price. Quartz IMO tastes REALLY good, I am not entirely sure on the effeciency compared to a SiC dish, but it is a for sure winner for the $, plus, you get the benefit of a cooldown so I think with that ramping up and down of temperature it has potential for a smoother hit, so long as it's not too hot (i.e. dabbed too soon before cooling down!)

I watched a lot of Marcus bubbleman do torch dabs with pretty much the same sort of gear, he was doing 30 second torches with 60 second cool downs for lower temp dabs. A lil stopwatch next to the setup will keep your dabs tasty!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

Correct, and the obvious stuff like parchment paper, buds/hash (and appropriate filters (25u-72u) if pressing hash), collection/dab tools, storage containers.

If you purchase the kit on Amazon and leave your unbiased verified purchase review of the product (i.e. if you think it's 3 stars, so be it), we'll send you a free dab toolkit, or rosin filters. PM me or Roger @dabpress.com your Amazon Order #

Alternatively, you can purchase directly through the webstore and bundle some of the other accessories to save money on your initial purchase. Amazon will be cheaper due to domestic shipping for US customers, shipping from webstore is a little more, and may take a day or 2 longer depending if the delivery address is urban or rural.

Do you know what press you are going to pair with the 3x7" plates?

Wildeyedzan

Appreciate the teply my friend. I don't have a specific press in mind. Lower priced would be nice but I don't wsntto skimp on quality .any suggestions ?:)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Appreciate the teply my friend. I don't have a specific press in mind. Lower priced would be nice but I don't wsntto skimp on quality .any suggestions ?:)

For that plate size, I'd look at the strongway 20-ton model for pressing large quantities at one time
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641795_200641795

If you dont want a 20-ton model and/or dont plan on pressing out large quantities of flower at a time, a 10-12 ton model would work just fine. Many of us are pressing 14g with that tonnage regularly and could easily go up to 28g with the right pre-press mold and puck size (one that takes up less surface area as to increase the PSI from the less tonnage press).

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641863_200641863

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-h-frame-industrial-heavy-duty-floor-shop-press-60604.html

If you don't mind 3x5" plates and the idea of a small all-in-one unit that's 10-tons, there is this unit dp-hr10t35.

https://www.dabpress.com/collection...cts/dp-hr10t35-hydraulic-ram-rosin-press-kits

It could cost a bit more, depending on what press you were to pair with the dp-rp37 3x7" plates.

I have the 3x7 caged setup like yours and I use the smaller Harbor Freight 12 ton and I think it's perfect. I have floor space more than bench space so the floor model works out better for me than a bench model.

In the end, they both require the same space, just whether it's floor space or bench space. LOL

Always 20% off at Harbor Freight. LOL

Fkn0wned

A little off topic but still regarding one of your products is it possible to get the dp-sc800 cheaper as when I add to cart on your website the only shipping option available is the $25.00 Amazon Fulfillment which makes the total crazy high at $54.99 just for one container and the dp-sc800 isn't on your Amazon or eBay store.

$25.00 shipping on something that weighs little is kind of crazy.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
A little off topic but still regarding one of your products is it possible to get the dp-sc800 cheaper as when I add to cart on your website the only shipping option available is the $25.00 Amazon Fulfillment which makes the total crazy high at $54.99 just for one container and the dp-sc800 isn't on your Amazon or eBay store.

$25.00 shipping on something that weighs little is kind of crazy.

The high cost of shipping is due to international express from China. We are hoping to have many of the accessories available on Amazon soon. It takes 25 days to reach US by sea, so it will be much cheaper once the products are available for fulfillment at Amazon USA.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
My only interest is helping us all as a community to be aware of the various press options out there and build an understanding of the pros and cons and limitations between them. If tnere is some bonus feature to the NY press which makes it very compettitive with the Dabpresses, I just think it would be useful if we had a better insight into the specific differences.

I want only thr ebest success for Dabpress. I fully intend to see if Bud is interested on reviewing the Dabpresses of course. But for all I know this NY press may be an excellent option. Im not trying to promote it at all. I very much intend to promote and recommend Dabpress to all. But I dont know enough about this and presses (basically nothing) in order to understand how these options differ. That is the only reason I mention it, to draw it to attention so that when people are influenced by Bud's review, they may have heard of Dabpress and are undecided or confused as I am myself as a noobie to all this.

So I just am trying to get a better picture of these things in my own mind as well, so that I can maybe direct others a bit better. I wasn't meaning to be so literal, I was just very interested personally because when I was looking into my own possible affordable options a month back I was dismayed at the lack of appealing options and this New York press would have immediately caught my attention.

So I hope to be able to suggest Dabpress to others who may ask, with a better understanding of why instead of just blindly recommending Dabpress . There will surely be some serious competition and innovation in this area from now on. Roger has an awsome attitude. He does the best work he can for our own good. He is always innovating and improving, and he is also openly supportive of other manufacturers whose products he believes are good quality.

I can genuinely see somebody asking Roger for advice on some of his models compared to the New York one. And so I also was just bringing this to his attention for that possible occasion because if there is a significant advantage to his own models it would be nice if he could give clear and dependable advice on this.

So those were my thoughts, and I am sorry you are quite right not the way to do it but my intentions were good. Regarding Bud and his press reviews I do think he has honorable intentions to raise people's awareness of cheaper and affordable options. He does not claim to be a rosineer or expert in any capacity and admits being fairly new to rosin and not into it heavily either but he has received so many enquiries and requests over the last year or so for advice on buying a decent press which is not too bulky and not too expensive.

So I sincerely hope he will include Dabpress in this, but I thought if I had some insight on the NY press and Dabpress simiarities, it would help the situation.

I want to recommend Dabpress as strongly as you do in your last sentence, but more understanding I need in order to honestly do so.

Btw @dabpress.com Im not asking you for any reply or thoughts here. I was just throwing it out there without thinking. Thanks Roger.:tup:.

Thank you all:tup:

Dabpress is still a small factory! It is growing quickly under your help. My initial thoughts is listening and learning on FC, Finally, i make a lot of friends here.

Pressing techniques and knowledge is in innovation. I can't design a great press without your suggestion.
Thank you all again!

I am grateful to FC to allow me create this thread here.
The mothership has landed...amazingly fast delivery times, Roger rly knows his business, took a
week from ordering to delivery in the EU...very nice !!

The Press is exceptionally well packed with fitting foam inserts so nothing can happen, only downside is there was no plastic cap on
the joint of the pump so there was a lil oil spilled during shipping..no biggie, i told Roger and he will take care and probably add a cap for future customers. Otherwise u just have to add the joint for the pump on the backside of the cylinder plug in the pump and ur set...ok heat up too :D

The press itself is rly tiny & beefy, i adore it..so much power in such a small form factor, this thing is smaller than my Mini Nugsmasher but has 5 times the power...yeah u have external heating and pump but just can WOW..so nice :D :D :D

Electronics are too rly well built from what i can tell, u rly feel u get "a lot" for ur money...nice :)

208wako.jpg

Problem now is i dont rly have good herb on hand, just some automatics..nothing rly good (frosty) right now..the
best yield i always have with indoor :)

So after some lesser yield with auto sweet cheese i tried auto green crack which did not too shabby..heres a small vid..pressing process is soo nice with the pump i love it :D...rly want to add my gauge next but after a few tries u get the clue even without :)

A bit long i guess but i didnt stop time and applied pressure rllly slow...cant wait to get a good strain to do some more testing...unluckily im in a country where the beloved herb is prohibited so availability for more/better testing is a problem right now :D

All in all i am very happy...on small problem also occured in getting the wrong pre-press (i guess i was the first customer.. :) ) but after informing Roger he prompty sent out the right on and i can keep the old...rly good service even if some problems occur, thanks again...rly happy :D

I am sorry for fluid leaking.
1, We made a double check before shipment. We don't realize residual oil in the hydrauulic cylinder.
2, 3/8" fittings is rare here, and we can't find suitable DUST CAP.

I will develop it and fix all problem in the future.
I'm personally not completely sold on leaving too much leaf on. It's more an effect of my carpal tunnel, it is difficult to do a good job without lengthy breaks.

I may actually start doing some manicuring before pressing. I have this theory that the leaf may just add to more plant matter the oil has to travel through to reach the parchment, which has potential for holding onto the oil.

I just did an 190 grain alcohol wash on 4oz of pressed pucks and got back about 3gr of green oil. I have no idea how much of that is chlorophyll, it was quite a long wash, but I am certain I pulled whatever resin was still in the pucks out. Of course this was mostly with well manicured caregiver flower, so it will be interesting for me to see the wash yields on the rough trim buds that were pressed.

As far as a proper dab setup for rosin w/o triggering a whole lot of VAS. A simple banger of your choice, flat top, with a properly fit carb cap, and a culinary torch. From DHGate the banger and carb cap would be around $15, the torch not sure, maybe another $15 for a mid grade one, and another $3-4 for butane. Hard to beat that setup for that price. Quartz IMO tastes REALLY good, I am not entirely sure on the effeciency compared to a SiC dish, but it is a for sure winner for the $, plus, you get the benefit of a cooldown so I think with that ramping up and down of temperature it has potential for a smoother hit, so long as it's not too hot (i.e. dabbed too soon before cooling down!)

I watched a lot of Marcus bubbleman do torch dabs with pretty much the same sort of gear, he was doing 30 second torches with 60 second cool downs for lower temp dabs. A lil stopwatch next to the setup will keep your dabs tasty!
:leaf::leaf::leaf:
I have the 3x7 caged setup like yours and I use the smaller Harbor Freight 12 ton and I think it's perfect. I have floor space more than bench space so the floor model works out better for me than a bench model.

In the end, they both require the same space, just whether it's floor space or bench space. LOL

Always 20% off at Harbor Freight. LOL
:leaf::leaf::leaf:
;););)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Good news FC folks! Testing of the small prototype all-in-one unit is going better than expected. Right now the frame is being reinforced, then further stress testing.

Additional rosin filters are in the works, a variety of different microns for both bud and hash/sift.

We are working on a ZG 1/4" coupler for the SS press cylinder so rosineers can purchase a 10-ton rated pump with gauge like the strongway model for around $75 USD.

anasrzi

Good news FC folks! Testing of the small prototype all-in-one unit is going better than expected. Right now the frame is being reinforced, then further stress testing.

Additional rosin filters are in the works, a variety of different microns for both bud and hash/sift.

We are working on a ZG 1/4" coupler for the SS press cylinder so rosineers can purchase a 10-ton rated pump with gauge like the strongway model for around $75 USD.

That sounds like great news @psychonaut any news on the small prototype at all, tonnage etc? I'm very glad to hear your looking into getting a gauge on the SS version (amongst others perhaps) as I think it's a missing link and a worthwhile add-on to many would be pressers myself included.

Always better to have to much information than to little providing the info is accurate :)

Top Bottom