Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Warranty - Anodized Rosin Plates:

One year warranty for the springs, plate and cage.
One year warranty for rosin temp controller box.
After the warranty period expires, you only need to pay 50% to get a new temp controller box.

Warranty - Pneumatic Rosin Press:

Six months warranty.

Notice:

Return policy read here

We don’t sell our rosin control box individually unless you bought a rosin press kit from us.

Usually American customers could get new replacement temp controller box from our amazon warehouse.

You need to provide us your order number, telephone number and advise from which platform you made the purchase.

You have to pay shipping cost if it has been more than 90 days since the date of shipping for a new replacement temp controller box.

You need to send us the video & picture [ temp controller box doesn't work ] to help us improve quality.

You can get free parts of the temp controller box if you want to fix it by yourself.

The warranty stands if you purchase your kit from our official website or our amazon store.

@dabpress.com Roger that is a very nice warranty being offered! I suspect not many will require the use of the warranty, outside of electronics failure which I believe would be a low %, as whats normal with most electronics manufacturers.

I need some clarity on the Rosin Control Box, it says that after 1 year, if the rosin control box fails outside of it's warranty, any owner of dabpress rosin plates can get a replacement rosin control box for 50% off price? If this is right, that is a really nice offer considering most companies require that you pay full price for an out of warranty replacement.

I also like that you are offering free parts of the rosin control box if an owner wishes to repair it themself. Perhaps at some point we can open up the rosin control box and see the inside so that we can understand how simple it may be to repair.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
@dabpress.com Roger that is a very nice warranty being offered! I suspect not many will require the use of the warranty, outside of electronics failure which I believe would be a low %, as whats normal with most electronics manufacturers.

I need some clarity on the Rosin Control Box, it says that after 1 year, if the rosin control box fails outside of it's warranty, any owner of dabpress rosin plates can get a replacement rosin control box for 50% off price? If this is right, that is a really nice offer considering most companies require that you pay full price for an out of warranty replacement.

I also like that you are offering free parts of the rosin control box if an owner wishes to repair it themself. Perhaps at some point we can open up the rosin control box and see the inside so that we can understand how simple it may be to repair.

Thank you@psychonaut

I do hope everyone enjoy pressing with dabpress'.
Long-term use is key point.
Everyone cares about service life of ROSIN TEMP BOX. So I give my words.

*One Year Warranty
*After one year (no matter when) 50% discount for a new one
*We will not increase sales prices on our website

Thank you guys

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Dry Ice Sift and How to Make It

Dry Ice Sift and How to Make It

Dry Ice Sift is a concentrated cannabis product similar to dry sift or water hash. It can be graded by using different micron sized bags or timing your agitation and separating the sift into their own timed/graded piles. The finished product is very loose and fluffy, it should be blond to yellow in color with little to no green coloration to it.

Dry Ice Sifting is one of the fastest ways to extract resin off of flowers. As the flowers are agitated with the dry ice, the sub-zero temperatures cause the trichomes to break away from the stalks and fall down through the screen to the workspace below.

Before you begin, we need to discuss safety and purchasing of Dry Ice. Dry Ice is extremely cold, generally around -100F/-78C. Care in handling is necessary.

• Advisory – Dry ice must be handled properly, it is advised to use either tongs to pick up the dry ice chunks to add them to your bags, or wearing suitable thick leather gloves. Failure to protect your skin from dry ice contact can result in considerable injury similar to a burn.
  • Purchasing/Transporting – Dry ice can be purchased at many big box grocery stores and warehouse clubs. Dry ice should be transported in an insulated cooler.
Dry Ice Sift is produced by placing dried, cured cannabis flowers along with dry ice chunks, into a bubble hash bag and agitating them over a clean flat workspace such as a glass table top or mirror, in which you can observe the sift collection below.

The longer you agitate, the lower the grade of material becomes as you progress. It is advised to have a large workspace available to move your piles and check for color changes. As you start the color will be a pale cream to blonde color. As your agitation continues, you may begin to notice the sift on the workspace to take a green hue. This is when you are introducing more contaminant and plant material, so it is advised to sift that into a separate pile or decide that the dry ice extraction is complete.

Tip: Freezing your buds prior to dry ice sift extraction will help speed up the sifting process as the resin will be more delicate due to frozen temperatures.

Many sifters will grade based on time. They will agitate gently for 1 minute and consider that their top-grade sift. Followed by another 2 minutes in a separate pile, that will be their mid-grade sift. Finally, a more vigorous 2 minute agitation to finish off with a low-grade sift or kief like product.

As for grading your sift with individual bubble hash bags. Agitating in a 73 micron bag will yield the highest quality sift comprising of mostly resin heads. The 160 micron bag will give you a mix of resin heads and some contaminant. The 220 micron bag will give you the best yields with the most amount of contaminant mixed in with the resin heads.

Notice: Water is not used in the dry ice sift extraction process.

Dry Ice Sift can be vaporized in many dry herb vaporizers, especially when capping flower bowls. It can also be used to squish into rosin.

Why would we squish sift into rosin when we could have just squished the flowers to begin with? One of the benefits of squishing dry ice sift versus flowers is that you can press your sift at a much lower pressure than flowers with a much lower temperature. The finished product often times has a different consistency such as a budder or wax instead of a sap or shatter.

Enjoy fast resin extraction using affordable dry ice for sifting!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Good instruction, Roger!

Dry ice sift is fast but the most contaminated sift around too. Shock frosted leaf material will also be pulverized to tiniest parts by agitating with the dry ice pieces. So it isn't very recommanded for making high quality hash but may work awesome as starting material for squishing if you use finest bags/screens while squishing.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Good instruction, Roger!

Dry ice sift is fast but the most contaminated sift around too. Shock frosted leaf material will also be pulverized to tiniest parts by agitating with the dry ice pieces. So it isn't very recommanded for making high quality hash but may work awesome as starting material for squishing if you use finest bags/screens while squishing.

Thank you!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
My only complaint about sifting and hashing first is the yields aren't the best, my water hash tends to be in the 5-7% range. I thought I was doing something wrong but I am hearing that is about average for a first wash. I hope dry ice extraction yields more, I just need to get off this mountain and head down to civilization and grab some.

I have a honey baked ham coming today for weekend feast, so perhaps they included a dry ice in the box? :D

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Got my Dabpress 3x5 uncaged kit from Amazon today. Can't wait to squish some buds. About to get started in a little while

Thank you!

In the first batch of dp-rp33 / dp-rp35 packages sent to Amazon warehouse, there may be some packages missing locking screws to the rod heater.

It's just rare case, but if it happens, please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll send the missing screws to you immediately.

In the next batch, we'll set up the dp-rp33 / dp-rp35 plates well before shipment to avoid such problem in the future.

Apology for any inconvenience caused!

mixchu69

Had a question for all the seasoned rosin experts,

I was looking at dabpress dp80 (all-in-one press) and was wondering if this press can do everything u guys can do for squishing 2-3 grams of bud at a time. I won't be squishing larger sizes like 7grams+ or different materials like hash or kief.

@dabpress.com
I really appreciate your presence on this forum as I see a lot of manufacturers not wanting anything to do with FC. I was wondering if you can make a press like the dp80 with the new small rp33 plates.

Edit: @psychonaut, thanks for your videos, sharing informative and willingness to help others. I always look forward to your pressing videos

tepictoton

Rugburn OG, cultivated by ourselves with biotabsorganic, extracted with our new plates:

210nn2h.jpg

Using 90micron filter bags. Keeping temps low enough so the rosin just flows, no bubbling or boiling...end result:

2qcmnps.jpg

28lbat4.jpg

Happy with initial tests! Smells literally like someone pressed the flowers concentrating it´s sent, smell and effect...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I was looking at dabpress dp80 (all-in-one press) and was wondering if this press can do everything u guys can do for squishing 2-3 grams of bud at a time. I won't be squishing larger sizes like 7grams+ or different materials like hash or kief.

@dabpress.com
I really appreciate your presence on this forum as I see a lot of manufacturers not wanting anything to do with FC. I was wondering if you can make a press like the dp80 with the new small rp33 plates.

Edit: @psychonaut, thanks for your videos, sharing informative and willingness to help others. I always look forward to your pressing videos

I've looked at that dp80 as well. It seems to me to be fine with the right method and amount but the 1200lb payload is a little lacking for 3 grams perhaps. The puck size would need to be 1" in diameter or smaller to get appropriate pressure.

Glad to share @mixchu69, thanks for watching =)

Rugburn OG, cultivated by ourselves with biotabsorganic, extracted with our new plates:

Beautiful squish! Love the texture and color you got.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

210nn2h.jpg

Using 90micron filter bags. Keeping temps low enough so the rosin just flows, no bubbling or boiling...end result:

2qcmnps.jpg

28lbat4.jpg

Happy with initial tests! Smells literally like someone pressed the flowers concentrating it´s sent, smell and effect...

Looks great!

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Congrats on your squishers! What press are you using with the plates?

I used a 20 ton h-frame I have access to at work. Even with all the research and data I had collected, I was still a little disappointed with my yields. Started with some stuff that was a mix of strains that has been sitting in a jar for a while. Not totally dry, but not fresh. On 7 gram squeezes I was only able to yield between .8 and 1.4 g. Pressing at 210 deg mostly.
I then tried some fresh Woody Kush and was able to get about 1.5 g. Used the nugsmasher silk bags, which seemed like the way to go. I pressed 2 more 1/8ths of various strains with close to the same result, only like 10-15 percent yields. The quality is great, but hoping for more quantity..
Curious what I could be doing wrong. Any thoughts, anyone?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I used a 20 ton h-frame I have access to at work. Even with all the research and data I had collected, I was still a little disappointed with my yields. Started with some stuff that was a mix of strains that has been sitting in a jar for a while. Not totally dry, but not fresh. On 7 gram squeezes I was only able to yield between .8 and 1.4 g. Pressing at 210 deg mostly.
I then tried some fresh Woody Kush and was able to get about 1.5 g. Used the nugsmasher silk bags, which seemed like the way to go. I pressed 2 more 1/8ths of various strains with close to the same result, only like 10-15 percent yields. The quality is great, but hoping for more quantity..

Do you have a hygrometer to place in the buds to check the RH? If they are below 55% RH the yields can suffer. 1.4g from a 7gr squeeze is good, that's 20% yield, right around what I am getting at lower temperatures (195ish).

How long were your presses for, and any idea how much pressure you had?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Ultra high quality starting material will get you more quantity but you're pretty much in the ballpark. Being in Vegas I would definitely check the RH. IMO it's kinda normal for a beginner to feel a little disappointed because most people only post their best squishes, so it looks like everyone else is getting 30% but they aren't.

Also consider diminishing returns:
I could go find some flowers that yield 25-30% but they would probably cost $400 an oz retail.
Compare that to squishing two $200 ounces, each yielding 15-20% which could put me above in yield, despite using "lesser quality" starting material.

It always comes down to a quality vs quantity thing. Very subjective..

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

@dabpress.com

@dabpress.com

Thank you very much!
Apology for answering so late.
dp80 only works with buds, it doesn't fit bubble hash, dry sift etc.
dp80 powers by air cylinder( its diameter is 80mm). If you just wanna press 2-3.5g material. ( About 1.1 in/square with 1.18 in diameter pre-press mold ). dp80 delivers max 1100 pounds.
Max PSI: 1000

dp80 reaches setting temp in 2-3 mins. it is good point. Additional working table is also good.

Currently we are researching new rosin filter bag & pre-press mold to pair this pneumatic rosin press. It will be finished this month.

dp80 heat plate size: 3x4" It is similar with 3x3".

Well noted: dp80 will be reach US warehouse in next month. You can also order from dabpress.com with free shipping.

Thanks for your interest.

Roger

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

210nn2h.jpg

2qcmnps.jpg

28lbat4.jpg

Delicious :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Regarding yields. I had a run with 5%, I definitely kept it quiet :lol: It was a horizontal bag build and the rosin was really really good, sweet and sour fuel (sage n sour strain). I feel like it was a technique issue. Unfortunately that's not yet been confirmed, as soon as I get my press fixed I am going to give it another shot bottle tech style with 65% RH buds. All I gotta say is I hope it ain't true that it's a low yielder =/

@dabpress.com excited to see news on the rosin filter and pre-press mold. You've been working hard to bring us some money saving filters, much appreciated Roger!

I've been looking around at a suitable pairing for the dp-rp33 3x3" plates I have, man those arbor presses are not cheap, I thought maybe a 2-ton would work out well for a small 3.5-7g squish using bottle tech with a 3.14 sq/in footprint. These 2-ton arbor presses cost more than a shop press. :o

Here's some links to some of the affordable presses available in the US. Some of these go on sale regularly for $50+ off with free shipping so keep checking back if you're still laying out your build

20-ton H-frame floor standing (with seperate pump and gauge) - $439
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641795_200641795

20-ton H-frame floor standing - $189
https://www.harborfreight.com/20-ton-shop-press-32879.html

12-ton H-frame floor standing - $129
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-shop-press-33497.html

12-ton H-frame bench top - $199
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641863_200641863

10-ton H-frame bench top with seperate pump and gauge - $289
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641793_200641793

6-ton A-frame bench top press (consider 12-ton H-frame for more durability) - $77
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ton-a-frame-bench-shop-press-1666.html

2-ton Arbor Press - $255
https://www.grainger.com/product/JET-Arbor-Press-42W945

Calculate your plate surface area:
For square/rectangle plates L" * W"
or
if a circle, Radius * 3.1416.

1 ton = 2000lbs

To find the max PSI divide the max tonnage by the surface area of the plates (the surface area of the actual puck itself, will reveal the true PSI), for example 6-tons is 12000 lb's, divided by 9 sq/in (3x3" plates), 12000/9 = max PSI 1333 (maxing out a press's capability is not advised)

Last edited:

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Do you have a hygrometer to place in the buds to check the RH? If they are below 55% RH the yields can suffer. 1.4g from a 7gr squeeze is good, that's 20% yield, right around what I am getting at lower temperatures (195ish).

How long were your presses for, and any idea how much pressure you had?

Oh, ok, I guess I didnt do too bad then. I don't really know for sure what pressure (no hydraulic pressure gauge on this press, but it's a 20 ton with manual control), but is it possible to give it too much? I also do not have a hygrometer, but I steamed the drier stuff. I squeezed it down slowly and kept giving it a little more pressure as it relieved itself as the fluids were displaced. Started with just 3-4 minutes on the first 3-4 presses, but pressed longer on the one with the biggest yield, closer to 10 minutes.

On my second round of attempts I got similar results with some different strains that were also more on the dry side. For experimentation I pressed the last 1/8 I did for just over 30 min, and got a lot more out than I did on the one before it with all other conditions the same.

friedpiper,
Top Bottom