Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
What exactly is that jig for?

The few uses I can see for the jig is to make loading everything into the press faster. If you have loose nugs, this allows you to prep your paper with the material and everything will stay in place. I believe it is also for additional safety, so you are not dealing with the paper and filter/material while operating the press. Unloading the paper seems like it would require less care removing the paper from the plates (yes, that is me quite often), the puck can slide around and smear into the rosin.

I would say this is more of a luxury item, but I still need to try it out and see how effective it is. And also how hot it gets while in use! TBD.

mc

The few uses I can see for the jig is to make loading everything into the press faster. If you have loose nugs, this allows you to prep your paper with the material and everything will stay in place. I believe it is also for additional safety, so you are not dealing with the paper and filter/material while operating the press. Unloading the paper seems like it would require less care removing the paper from the plates (yes, that is me quite often), the puck can slide around and smear into the rosin.

I would say this is more of a luxury item, but I still need to try it out and see how effective it is. And also how hot it gets while in use! TBD.

Cool, So do you leave it in while you press? Or just when waiting too press?

mc,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I plan on leaving mine in. Once the plates are closed it won't slide down the plates due to the heating rod so it will pretty much be right there at the center of the plates.

psychonaut,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm gonna have to do a squish this weekend of something! I've squished about an ounce and a half of flowers in the past few weeks and can't dab my way out of this slab. :lol: I think I'll likely be squishing 1/8th and 1/4er's going forward unless I have a friend who stops by to press larger amounts. I actually love the whole process of squishing nugs. :science: The uncertainty leading up to the squish and then the relief as you see that beautiful rosin flowing. :bowdown:

EDIT: @dabpress.com what is the possibility of making the dabpress logo plate on front of the plates be magnetic? I see @elmomuzz removed his and is using the screws as magnetic posts. BTW love those tiny magnets bro!

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Has anyone used their Dabpress with the Nugsmasher bags, bottle-tech style? From what I can tell, it makes it easier to calculate actual psi on the product. I'm in the process of building a setup and was curious if this was a combination anyone tried. I like the idea of being able to use my own tabletop style press and adding a power unit with foot controls to the ram

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Has anyone used their Dabpress with the Nugsmasher bags, bottle-tech style? From what I can tell, it makes it easier to calculate actual psi on the product. I'm in the process of building a setup and was curious if this was a combination anyone tried. I like the idea of being able to use my own tabletop style press and adding a power unit with foot controls to the ram

I've not used the nugsmasher brand of filters, but have utilized the vertical build aka "bottle tech" style in the same microns and dimensions. I don't believe it makes it any easier to calculate the PSI, it's the resulting puck is a circle so you calculate the area multiplying the radius and π (pie), instead of length and width.

What press are you looking to use? I just did a review of the dp-rp33 3x3" anodized plate kit. It did bottle tech style really well with only a 2" puck footprint using 2.5x3.5" 160u rosin filters. My 10-ton press is overkill for those plates, but I generally run material through 3x7" plates.

DP-RP33 review and squish
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...e-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/page-9#post-1232010

Last edited:

friedpiper

I've not used the nugsmasher brand of filters, but have utilized the vertical build aka "bottle tech" style in the same microns and dimensions. I don't believe it makes it any easier to calculate the PSI, it's the resulting puck is a circle so you calculate the area multiplying the radius and π (pie), instead of length and width.

What press are you looking to use? I just did a review of the dp-rp33 3x3" anodized plate kit. It did bottle tech style really well with only a 2" puck footprint using 2.5x3.5" 160u rosin filters. My 10-ton press is overkill for those plates, but I generally run material through 3x7" plates.

DP-RP33 review and squish
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...e-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/page-9#post-1232010

I am interested in the 3x3 or 3x7, and would use say for instance, a harbor freight 12 ton. I do automotive and dirtbike work at my house, so the press would actually also get used for other applications too, like seating bearings into cases and housings. 12 ton would be plenty, and economical. There are 6 ton models that I think that would work if I were to run a 3x3 I believe. Not sure if I need the extra capacity, but would hate to regret under-doing it

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am interested in the 3x3 or 3x7, and would use say for instance, a harbor freight 12 ton. I do automotive and dirtbike work at my house, so the press would actually also get used for other applications too, like seating bearings into cases and housings. 12 ton would be plenty, and economical. There are 6 ton models that I think that would work if I were to run a 3x3 I believe. Not sure if I need the extra capacity, but would hate to regret under-doing it

IMO the Dabpress 3x5" caged setup is the perfect middleweight for you then. That's what I'm rocking and it's a total gem! A rosin revelation!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Agreed @invertedisdead the DP-RP35s is pretty much the best all around option I think without going super heavy duty on your press and still being able to squish up to an ounce of flowers at a time using horizontal filter builds. 12-tons is a nice pairing for those plates too.

Do you have an idea how much material you are wanting to run per press and what type of material you are going to be running?

friedpiper

Agreed @invertedisdead the DP-RP35s is pretty much the best all around option I think without going super heavy duty on your press and still being able to squish up to an ounce of flowers at a time using horizontal filter builds. 12-tons is a nice pairing for those plates too.

Do you have an idea how much material you are wanting to run per press and what type of material you are going to be running?

I'd say 7 grams at a time would be sufficient. My plans are to get between 7-28 grams at a time of different strains, and vape half and squish the other half. I like variety and I can get a shitload of different strains here. When I buy in bulk I get sick of that particular strain, and like to go back and forth between concentrates and flower. Love the thought of being able to vape both. Tracking info says my FP will be here by Friday :clap:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'd say 7 grams at a time would be sufficient. My plans are to get between 7-28 grams at a time of different strains, and vape half and squish the other half. I like variety and I can get a shitload of different strains here. When I buy in bulk I get sick of that particular strain, and like to go back and forth between concentrates and flower. Love the thought of being able to vape both. Tracking info says my FP will be here by Friday :clap:

You may be surprised if you end up vaping more of those flowers as rosin! I vape mostly rosin for the smoothness, flowers for dankness, both for ultra med mode. Since you can be choosey about your purchases you may even want to grab a few 1/8ths to see what you like. Where I'm at I can generally split ounces up into 2 strains, will they do that for you? Maybe you could split an ounce up into 4 quarters =)

For 7 grams you cant go wrong with 3x3 or 3x5. 3x7 is overkill but I would understand the want for future proof-ability. There may come a day where you dont like processing rosin weekly. Let us hope this never happens :lol: just basking in the aromas of fresh pressed rosin is enough therapy to justify a squish for me!

friedpiper

You may be surprised if you end up vaping more of those flowers as rosin! I vape mostly rosin for the smoothness, flowers for dankness, both for ultra med mode. Since you can be choosey about your purchases you may even want to grab a few 1/8ths to see what you like. Where I'm at I can generally split ounces up into 2 strains, will they do that for you? Maybe you could split an ounce up into 4 quarters =)

For 7 grams you cant go wrong with 3x3 or 3x5. 3x7 is overkill but I would understand the want for future proof-ability. There may come a day where you dont like processing rosin weekly. Let us hope this never happens :lol: just basking in the aromas of fresh pressed rosin is enough therapy to justify a squish for me!

They do mix n match deals all the time at my favorite house. Readin' my mind brother. Thinking a 3x5 would do nicely. Talking about it makes me want to keep draining my bank account! :evil: Thanks guys!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
They do mix n match deals all the time at my favorite house. Readin' my mind brother. Thinking a 3x5 would do nicely. Talking about it makes me want to keep draining my bank account! :evil: Thanks guys!

It is a serious investment! The plates should pay for themself in short time. I dont know how much flowers vs rosin cost where you are, but around here for medical, I can get an ounce of flowers for under $100 after tax, rosin is about $30/gr. Been yielding around 20% terpene rich rosin + edible cannabutter made from the pucks. So to be conservative, I can get 5 grams of rosin out of that ounce for about 50$ off retail price and free cannabutter.

friedpiper

It is a serious investment! The plates should pay for themself in short time. I dont know how much flowers vs rosin cost where you are, but around here for medical, I can get an ounce of flowers for under $100 after tax, rosin is about $30/gr. Been yielding around 20% terpene rich rosin + edible cannabutter made from the pucks. So to be conservative, I can get 5 grams of rosin out of that ounce for about 50$ off retail price and free cannabutter.

Wow, rosin is cheap there! After I tried some, I realized it was the way to go. They are getting between $50-60 per g, and don't really cut deals on it. The shatter here is comparatively cheap and they blow it out on the regular, but they are allowed under 500 ppm trace solvents. I doubt they would hurt much (probably sucked in a ton over the years hitting pipes), but I like the idea of PURE.

RSO is a good option, but it aint cheap either. I can't readily get 190+ proof here legally, so making that is kinda out for me. Gets you high AF and it's easy to dispense from a syringe

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@friedpiper That's just medical pricing. Colorado recreational is more in line with your prices. Distillate is the cheap product out here right now, about $25/gr recreational or medical for 94% THC raw distillate. Shatter and wax is always fairly cheap but rosin, that seems to be connoisseur grade dabs based on the price, and it can be. Good thing we can make it at home with practice and the right methods. One of my future projects is to make some THC-A crystals, I am just trying to source some cheap kief. A caregiver down the mountain sells ounces of strain specific trim for $32!

friedpiper

@friedpiper That's just medical pricing. Colorado recreational is more in line with your prices. Distillate is the cheap product out here right now, about $25/gr recreational or medical for 94% THC raw distillate. Shatter and wax is always fairly cheap but rosin, that seems to be connoisseur grade dabs based on the price, and it can be. Good thing we can make it at home with practice and the right methods. One of my future projects is to make some THC-A crystals, I am just trying to source some cheap kief. A caregiver down the mountain sells ounces of strain specific trim for $32!

Shit's expensive here because of tourism. But it also drives the market to be diverse and offer alot of product. We can get raw distillate here too, good to fill pen cartridges with. Not particularly cheap though. I believe they try to keep rosin top shelf because A) it's favorable to keep price gaps between grades of product in business, and B) It's more labor intensive than making wax in high volume extractors.

On another note but regarding high end extraction equipment, have you guys seen this company?

https://710snob.com/

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
About Warranty of Dabpress' Rosin Plates

Tips:

About Our Rosin Caged Cubes & Rosin Press Plates:

Rosin plates and frames are made of 6061 aluminum, stainless steel and nickel-plated springs. It will never break if used under rated tonnage ( less than 20 tons) and not get rusty in proper use.

They are solid and sturdy, and will last for years!

For heat insulation, we suggest you to choose solid wood plank (recommend approx 3x3″ FR4 plank) to place between the top-platen of caged cube and hydraulic ram. But please be reminded that the FR4 plank isn't needed except for long pressing efforts of one hour or more.

Point the hydraulic ram at the center of top-platen or align bottom-platen and top-platen before starting to work.

To prevent accidental sliding of the rosin plates, please put the silicon mat between the bamboo plank and hydraulic working table for your safety. We've considered to attach silicon mat in the future.

About Our Rosin Temp Controller Box:

Rosin temp controller box is made of aluminum housing, stainless steel heating rods, relays, sensor and switches. You'll see the heating rod and sensor are separated to deliver and detect accurate temperature.

We have abandoned the benefits E-nail/XLR 5-pin compatibility offers to provide the most durable Rosin Temp Controller Box. Due to the design of temp controller boxes utilizing an XLR connector, the connector could be damaged much easier than ours. Read here about our design of rosin temp controller box and cabling..

Usually, you'll put the temp controller box on top of a hydraulic shop press. It is at a high risk that it may drop down to the floor accidentally. So please secure it on the hydraulic shop press if you could..

Notice before Use:

Non Waterproof

Do Not Power On the Rosin Control Box When the Heating Rod Is Still in the Air, Only Do It When It's Inserted into Plates

Replacement of Rosin Plate Heating Rod: dp-rh165

Warranty - Anodized Rosin Plates:

One year warranty for the springs, plate and cage.
One year warranty for rosin temp controller box.
After the warranty period expires, you only need to pay 50% to get a new temp controller box.

Warranty - Pneumatic Rosin Press:

Six months warranty.

Notice:

Return policy read here

We don’t sell our rosin control box individually unless you bought a rosin press kit from us.

Usually American customers could get new replacement temp controller box from our amazon warehouse.

You need to provide us your order number, telephone number and advise from which platform you made the purchase.

You have to pay shipping cost if it has been more than 90 days since the date of shipping for a new replacement temp controller box.

You need to send us the video & picture [ temp controller box doesn't work ] to help us improve quality.

You can get free parts of the temp controller box if you want to fix it by yourself.

The warranty stands if you purchase your kit from our official website or our amazon store.

Email us to get promo code before you order.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
New Product Is Coming Soon!

New design of rosin sleeve:

Rosin Sleeve ( iBudtek dp-bt160n and dp-bt120n ) Is 19.7″ in Length, 1.18″ in Diameter. 6Pcs of Rosin Sleeves in One Package. It Really Saves A Lot of Money By Cutting the Rosin Sleeve into Your Own Sized Rosin Bags. Since No Stitching at Both Sides of Rosin Sleeve, You Have to Fold Both Sides of Bag By Yourself Before Working with the Rosin Press ( the Height Between Two Rosin Plates Could Be Easily Controlled By Hands ). Hydraulic Rosin Press Is Recommended.

iBudtek dp-bt160ns Is L-Shaped Stitching Rosin Bag, and It Pairs with the Square Pucks of dp- pm3510s To Align Our Rosin Bag Holder ( dp-mj35 , dp-mj37 ) Before Starting to Press.

What We Recommend for Opitmal Yield:

• 3.5g Bud / Bag for dp-rp33
  • 7g Bud / Bag for dp-rp35 &dp-rp35s
  • 2 x 7g Bud / Bag for dp-rp37
Puck Maker:

How to Choose the Right Pre-Press Mold Between dp-pm3015r and dp-mp3510s?

iBudtek dp-pm3015r to Pre-press 3.5-7g Buds into Round-Shaped Puck
3.5g Puck Pairs dp-bt160n to Work with dp-rp33 for Optimal Yield

7g Puck Pairs dp-bt160n to Work with dp-rp35 & dp-rp35s for Optimal Yield

2x7g Pucks in 2pcs of dp-bt160n to Work with dp-rp37 for Optimal Yield

iBudtek dp-pm3510s to Pre-press 10-14g Buds into Square-Shaped Puck

dp-mj37 Pair dp-bt160ns Rosin bag to Work with 7-14g pucks
dp-mj35 Pair dp-bt160ns Rosin bag to Work with 7g pucks
Do Not Recommend dp80 & dp100 Work with the Pucks

Top Bottom