What is a party vaporizer?

sypher

Hey Guys, I've been lurking here for about a week. From what I've read, you guys have really helped me to narrow my choices. I've been combusting for several years now, and I'd really love to get a vape of my own... my lungs will thank me.

But anyways, I've heard several people talk about a "party vaporizer." So I guess what I'm asking is - what does that entail? In your mind does a party vape entail a bag, whip, bigger bowl size, etc?

I go to college so there are plenty of people available to vape with, though usually I wont find myself vaping with more than 2 or three others at a time. And I certainly love smoking on my own as well, though I'm often with others. Would these numbers indicate a "party size?"

Thanks to everyone who reads/ posts ;)

- Sypher

sypher,

lwien

For a vape that you are going to be using in a party situation, you want a vape that eliminates as much possible user error as possible with little to no learning curve. You also want a vape that won't lose temperatures with multiple, back to back hits. So........in a party situation, vapes that use a bag as a delivery system seems like the best solution.

lwien,

sypher

Thanks for the expedient response ^^ :D

I can definitely see the appeal of the bag method. I suppose it depends largely on the model, but I'm wondering if the benefit of the bag will really be obvious with 2-4 people hitting it together.

sypher,

lwien

sypher said:
Thanks for the expedient response ^^ :D

I can definitely see the appeal of the bag method. I suppose it depends largely on the model, but I'm wondering if the benefit of the bag will really be obvious with 2-4 people hitting it together.
I think so. I use my Purple Days (direct draw) as my daily personal workhorse, but when I have company over, even if it's just one other person, the Ion (bag vape) gets put to use.

lwien,

sypher

I'm glad you brought this up... I'm under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the party/bag vapes tend to cost a lot more than a unit like the PD. Even if a unit like the PD isn't designed for group settings - can it still function well enough with 3-4 people going at it? I apologize if this post is a bit tangent, but I'm really digging all the rave reviews I've read about the PD.

I can only afford one vape at this time, and I think I'll eventually get the MFLB... but for now I'm hoping to get one wall vape that can exist in a budget/ college-kid setting.

sypher,

lwien

Naw, I wouldn't want to use the PD between 3 to 4 people. Besides the learning curve and possible heat retention issues, the other big issue sharing the PD in a group setting is the power cord. The PD is one of the most durable vapes on the market, but if it has an Achilles heal, it's where the power cord goes into the PD. If anything is going to fail, it is at this juncture, and passing a PD around with the power cord attached to the vape just increases the odds that something could break here.

Truly, a bag vape is the BEST way to go in party situations, and one can get a very good bag vape for as low as 200 dollars.

Look into the:
Zephyr Ion
HerbalAire
Extreme Q
Volcano

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I'm under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the party/bag vapes tend to cost a lot more than a unit like the PD.
You can get a herbalAire, new, for $160-180 on eBay from multiple sellers. I personally vouch for this model, having used it for years. Not as satisfying for direct draw as a whip only vape, but it is effective, and it does a great job with bags. The Extreme would be a slight step up in price, and better in whip mode if you use the elbow screen instead of the bowl, but party wise, it has glass, so it doesn't bounce as well as herbie. OTOH a bag filler doesn't have to be handed around for use. The Ion's whip isn't in production yet, and it's a new design, but it's a well thought out model that will surely succeed. With the proper FC discount code, it runs just over $300.

Buy the PD, or whatever vape appeals to you, for yourself. With a PD type vape in particular, I can tell you that you'll end up using less herb than with a bag filler or full sized whip vape. I can also tell you that you'll probably end up wanting a good whip/direct draw vape with variable temp to complement the tiny bowled herb stretcher. If you want a vape that vapor newbies can use and appreciate right away, get one of the above mentioned models. Unlike the Volcano, those 3 are dual purpose models. I'd much rather have a vape that can fill a bag or give me a whip hit, depending on my mood and the situation, vs. a Volcano that costs hundreds more and can only fill a bag. Any of the 3 leading dual mode vapes should satisfy you, at least for a while, with their 'either or' vaping choice.

max,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Herbalaire is a sweet budget college vape. Bags for all your homies, it's super durable, you can throw it in a drawer and not worry about it. It's also a really inconspicuous size, it probably won't get found.

Volcanos are great and absolutely the ideal vape for your setting but the HA is more affordable.

The extreme is also a great piece if you want better whip function and an all glass vapor path, it's what I use.

Never used a zephyr ion but that's the other vape you should look into

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
...good example of a terrible party vape

nothing better than a bunch of drunk friends with third degree burns

bluntfaced,

lwien

Wolface said:
Party vape? The Supreme Vaporizer! Check out some youtube vids.:ko:
Just make sure you have some liability insurance. ;)

Passing around a Supreme amongst a group of stoned vapor newbies could provide some unexpected reactions, like.....................Fucking OUCH :o !

lwien,

greystr0ke

I definitely advise against the Supreme as a Party Vape. I have the scar on my arm to prove it as do many of my friends.

greystr0ke,

sypher

Hey all, thanks for getting at me. I'll definitely look into some of those other vapes.

sypher,

sypher

I see a bunch of new Herbalaire's on Ebay, though I'm kind of suspicious of the low price tags... Whats the deal?

sypher,
Top Bottom