What I Love & Hate About Vaping

grokit

well-worn member
Sorry but I disagree. Smoking is not consistent at all, the first, or "green" hit tastes totally different than the subsequent hits even out of a brand new glass pipe. They get consistently worse until the last hits which are pretty much creosote unless conditions are ideal, then they're just mostly ash.

luchiano

Sorry but I disagree. Smoking is not consistent at all, the first, or "green" hit tastes totally different than the subsequent hits even out of a brand new glass pipe. They get consistently worse until the last hits which are pretty much creosote unless conditions are ideal, then they're just mostly ash.
Yeah glass or small loaded bongs, and that's because you are burning it very quickly. If you have something that allows the herb to stay heated, and not to constantly be lit, the flavor stays through the hit. A joint is consistent in flavor, to me because of what I explained in my last post. This is applies to a well rolled joint, that is even. One that is bumpy, or flat is certain areas gives hot smoke, and nasty flavor.

This is what I used to use, and as long as you used a even grind it stayed lit after the first time you lit it up based on how the screen in the bowl allowed air to keep it lit, as well as it's carburetor chamber which also functioned as a heat sink. It gave a SMOOTH, and flavorful hit
raydiator-pipe-green.jpg

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I don't like needing expensive bulky vaporizers. Vaping is more of an ordeal than it needs to be. But I suppose you could say this about making coffee too.
I find it much easier than rolling. Load a bowl and go!

Let's sum it up, plain and simple. I hate posting new threads because I always feel like a pompous ass, so if the mods wanna delete this for being useless, I take no offense and thank them for setting me on the Golden Path to Things That Are Worth Creating A Thread About. But if this thread survives, let's all vape some cannabis and eat some (stir fried!!!) mushrooms, if you like, and talk about what we love and hate most about vaping. Do it any way you want, but I'll start, and do it like this:

What I Love About Vaping:

1. Healthy. I'm old and don't give much of a fuck anymore, but I still love my wife and family and friends, so vaping is good for them if they wanna keep me around.:myday:

2. Tastes and works great! Mmmmm! First vaped hit out of a clean, primed, chilled table unit, oh, just pick your strain, that first good hit, THAT IS WHY I VAPE! Mmm, mmm, good! This is not the thread to talk about Volcanoes or Provaris or NASA projects, which are cool, just positive and negative about vaping in general.

3. Delivers a somewhat better high, quality and quantity wise, verses smoking. I mean, I LIKE vaping, the high seems a cut above smoking, and really you can stretch your bud with wise, proficient vaping. Christ, I get slam-in-my-arm-and-pump-the-works hits with vaping sometimes, and I still feel it's pretty natural and not like slamming smack when I'm vaping top shelf buds. Take it from a former smack and crank and crack user, my signature doesn't say "Switch to Cannabis" for nothing. I love drugs. Anyone who doesn't is a liar. Drugs make you feel great. I live for drugs and I'd die if I ever again started using anything other than cannabis, and the occasional Valium when the in-laws come to visit. Pot cured me of a meth, crack, and pill addiction, and recently, ameliorates an alcohol and tobacco addiction. I am a lush. Cannabis is a good mask for that.:cool:

What I Hate About Vaping:

1. Not much, really, though a few things do come to mind: General public reaction to vaping, both cannabis and e-cig usage; and,

2. Prices of electronic vaporizers. My hard-core friends will thoroughly kick my ass, but I still say $700 is too much to pay to get high, man. But Donald Trump, be my fucking guest. If ya got it blow it. Just invite me.

Hate vaping my e-cig in public. Assholes look at me like I'm the asshole, which I am, but they don't know that, and neither really do I know that they are assholes, so I switch to an atomizer full of hash oil and think of something else.
Now you've really started a valid conversation here; one that applies a "pro & con" method to a seemingly simple topic, and reaches into multiple other levels. Many things being said here, pro & con, warrant deeper exploration into the science, medicine, social-science, technology, etc. We are pioneers hailing from the trenches! Great thread! BTW...have you considered authoring a book based on anecdotals and fact on this topic or related, written with the same panache and wit as you gave us above?
:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I hate that vaping is an emerging market, and all the best and brightest, along with the shysters and mass produced junk, are all vying for attention. And vapes keep improving.

I love that vaping is an emerging market, and the best and brightest are continually improving vapes.

I cannot afford to keep up.

Tweek

Lets see...what I love? Taste, smell, efficiency, gadgetry, stealth, health aspect, for starters. What do I hate? Cost of the units, having to deal with the occasional WTF? From friends and strangers that prefer joints. It can sometimes be slower than just rolling a joint as well, but as units are being developed, this is less and less the case.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is very interesting, I'm new to vaping and haven't heard this before. I know what flushing is, but how exactly can it affect vaping?

Thanks!
There are many arguments for and against flushing.
After a plant goes through a veg/flower cycle 90 to 100 days + or - depending on genetics.

Before harvest it's a practice by many medical growers to flush the nutrients from the Plants cells.
About a week before harvest is the best time to flush from how I understand it.

Using a Flushing solution followed by RO H20 for a few days.

Slow curing after Harvest is also an important step.

For me the better grown the Medical Cannabis the better the vaping quality!
It's whole life: Birth to VAPE!

rotax

Zaporist
I agree with most: better high [for me], flavor, lung capacity/health, [small] controlled 'doses', discrete (not bothering neighbors or rmates), and I've even grown to enjoy the whole 'process'. That is, the grinding, the loading, the unloading, the ABV baking, kief bowls. A lot of which isn't involved in smoking out of a pipe/bong. It makes me realize why joint rolling could be an enjoyable experience as well.

I don't think I 'hate' anything about vaping. Other than when people call vaporizing, 'smoking'.. :rant:Smoke is only produced when you're burning something. Any good vape should not be producing smoke; unless user-error is involved.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I could give a flying fuck what others might think of my vaping as opposed to combusting these days, as I am not much of a social toker anymore, anyhow, anywhere except for occasionally with close friends who seem more and more open too vaping all the time although none vape exclusively except me.

The advantages of vaping are fairly obvious to us at this point. For me the main disadvantage is that it's generally more complicated than smoking. Lots of parts to maintain and keep track of, batteries to charge, special jet lighters to mess with, the heatup time, avb processing, reclaim, etc.

Going forward, simplicity is becoming a key factor for me.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I could give a flying fuck what others might think of my vaping as opposed to combusting these days, as I am not much of a social toker anymore, anyhow, anywhere except for occasionally with close friends who seem more and more open too vaping all the time although none vape exclusively except me.

The advantages of vaping are fairly obvious to us at this point. For me the main disadvantage is that it's generally more complicated than smoking. Lots of parts to maintain and keep track of, batteries to charge, special jet lighters to mess with, the heatup time, avb processing, reclaim, etc.

Going forward, simplicity is becoming a key factor for me.
Often for me the technology draws me to the vape (and all that goes with it) as much as the herb does. I like the process, the tech, and the much healthier effect. Just combusted a bit tonight just to be sociable...ptew (nasty vs. clean & no charred after-taste).
Fuck Combustion!
:rockon:

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Health Benefits
Cleaner High
The different types of highs you can get depending on the temp you use(I find this a fun exploration)
Not as popular as combustion
Enjoy the "sessions" more than combustion

Cons:
Not always best for use with inexperienced friends
Definately more pricey than other forms of thc/cbd ingestion(although worth it)

Last edited:

OnlyHuman

Sometimes I also think my Plenty hurts my throat more than combusting? Is it just because I am on too high of a heat setting?

I have noticed that after smoking my concentrate pen I frequently get shortness of breath as well. Is it because I am smoking the heat from the heating coil? Is there a way to avoid this? Glass?

OnlyHuman,

weedemon

enthusiast
Hey man, I have not seen you around on here before (OP) but I like you. :) great thread.

I wanted to chime in on this too.

+'s
-Health. I have seen a dramatic improvement in my chest since converting,
-overall savings on herb in the long term,
-taste and variability each strain brings,
-vast array of devices to choose from,
-how it keeps on giving, vapor reclaim, concentrate reclaim, edible goods. that abv and honey left behind is great stuff!

-'s
-cost. I feel there are companies who set unrealistic price points I won't name names but there are at least 4 specifically that come to mind off the top of my head I could talk about.

this is an issue that keeps my friends from converting over. the cost of a vape that will do what they want. people love big visual feedback and vapor by it's very nature is less visual than smoke. (I think vapor is a beautiful thing, but hey to each their own.)

the initial cost is just too much a hurdle for many to get over. they have families, and bills to pay. not an extra grand kickin around. cause if they did have that, the allure to just go buy weed/other hobby toys instead is just too strong.

@
Sometimes I also think my Plenty hurts my throat more than combusting? Is it just because I am on too high of a heat setting?

I have noticed that after smoking my concentrate pen I frequently get shortness of breath as well. Is it because I am smoking the heat from the heating coil? Is there a way to avoid this? Glass?

1. Plenty.
While I have never used the Plenty, what you are describing is something I feel I can relate to via other vapes I have owned.

Too high a heat setting will do it yes! is there are way for you to water filter your vapor? some sort of attachment to hook it up to a glass bubbler or bong? that dramatically will help condition your vapor for you.

2. concentrates
your vape could be burning too hot/ the concentrate could have leftover solvent in it (pretty common)/ the vape itself could be off gassing while it is running. Or maybe that's just how it is with that pen. :(

how is the concentrate off of some hot Ti? like a normal dab? still got the same taste/effect? if so it's your concentrate not your vape.

Last edited:

clukx

Pros:
Health!
Taste!
Portability(obviously travel and oil vapes)
Discretion and lack of smell (oil vapes)
Sometimes you dont HAVE to share because some people dont like vapes

Cons:
some times you dont GET to share because some people dont like vapes
I ALWAYS WANT MORE (accesories, and vapor!)
When i forget my pax has a low battery and i want to use it ;(

Lemon Curry?

Have Bud, Will Travel
One of the obvious benefits is that in many cases the trim leaves etc. are nearly unsmokable since they give such aharsh smoke, especially in a bong. But with a vape, the harshness is gone :).

Lemon Curry?,
Reactions: grokit

SalamiCity

There are tons of pros.

Health
Taste(Vapes are a BILLLION times tastier than combustion. I don't care what anyone CLAIMS. When you combust you are destroying everything, and even when vaping some say that you destroy low level terpenes at higher vape temps).

High(The high is 1/10th that smoking when vaping, this has been brought up many times on this forum through the years, and I also did a report on smoking cigs and it was the same. 10mg+ in a cig <1 mg in the system.

Price: Someone above said their friends would complain about their 700$ vapes. Do you complain about their cars? Their tvs? PEople have 5k glass pieces. EVEN if you spent 1k on a vape, the amount you save over combustion is WAAAAY above what you spend on a vape.

SD_haze

Lower temperatures, cleaner/sanitized bowl or whip or other utensil, smaller hits, and using moisture conditioning from a bong or bubbler all will help make vaporizing less irritating to the throat/lungs.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I can not smoke a joint even if it's some mysto weed?

Vaporizing is all I can handle!

So Sweet the Flavor.
Smoking is liken to eating burnt toast!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I love:
The technology development.
Clean highs
Health aspects
Different effects at different temps

I don't think there are too many negatives for me. Maybe the fact that it's hard to get others into and VAS.

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Would like to add another aspect of vaping that I love. After each bowl is cashed and I dump the ABV onto a folder and shift through it(It is a habit of mine to inspect my ABV after each vape session), I find it hard to believe that I used to inhale all this shit, I do not see how anyone who actually gives vaping a good chance would go back to combustion. The only reason I could see would be cigarette addiction.

A dislike would be I have found second hand smoke to be absolutely offensive, when I could tolerate it back when I combusted. Went to a friends house recently and he was smoking inside the house(cigarettes), I had to get out of there after only a few minutes.

weedemon

enthusiast
[confession bear]: I am slowly becoming a bit of a "snob" my best friend gave up on vapor (lack of funds/interest to do so in getting a good one.) but I turn down the offer to smoke usually now. I just really dislike the aftertaste of smoke and regret it all day after doing so. :(

lazylathe

Almost there...
I love vaping, smoking is done for me. Vaping is much healthier, vapor tastes way better than smoke, vaping uses less weed.

If you know a better way vaping than this, post it.

Looks like a good way of combusting!!
Notice the smoke right at the end?

Really like the lighter though...

I know a better way to vape!
Use the correct vaporizer that either heats the herb through conduction or convection or both!

weedemon

enthusiast
just to chime in. i think the gn0me is a better way as you don't inhale butane fumes in the process.

I used my gn0me this morning in a wake and bake actually. :)

weedemon,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom