• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What I Love & Hate About Vaping

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This is very interesting, I'm new to vaping and haven't heard this before. I know what flushing is, but how exactly can it affect vaping?

Thanks!
You can totally taste the difference between what I would consider to be A+ flower and C-grade stuff. Flushing takes an extra week minimum if not two or three to the end of the flowering period... I went to a collective that had some unflushed shit... gave me a headache when I vaped it so I combusted a bit of it in a gravity bong (but like Mr. Clinton, I "didn't inhale") and it definitely didn't ash white... black and almost like hard? Almost like it melted a little bit... never went back to that place, a few weeks later I think it closed down.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is very interesting, I'm new to vaping and haven't heard this before. I know what flushing is, but how exactly can it affect vaping?

Thanks!
I'm not a expert however when you vape FLOWERS that are not flushed (two weeks) before harvest the chemicals are left in the cells of the plant and we end up inhaling them. Vaporizing is at a much lower temperature than combustion. We therefore experience the residual chemicals left in the plant. At higher (Combustion) these chemicals are burned off. (perhaps?)

For Vaporizing the FLOWERS need to be well flushed and top shelf quality.

Medicine verses Recreation is the conflict!

grokit

well-worn member
I'm not a expert however when you vape FLOWERS that are not flushed (two weeks) before harvest the chemicals are left in the cells of the plant and we end up inhaling them. Vaporizing is at a much lower temperature than combustion. We therefore experience the residual chemicals left in the plant. At higher (Combustion) these chemicals are burned off. (perhaps?)

For Vaporizing the FLOWERS need to be well flushed and top shelf quality.

Medicine verses Recreation is the conflict!

That's part of the issue with combusting poorly cured/not properly-flushed buds, they don't burn as cleanly so along with those residual chemicals there is the resulting soot which is horribly toxic as well.

The combusting growers I have met take flushing quite seriously.

Mr. Dabs

Pros, thus far, have been getting the real, true taste and smell of the bud. Tasting subtleties I had read about in the descriptions of various strains, but never really noticed in much detail.

Not having the "combustion odor" about myself or my place.

Also, as a runner, I've noticed that my breathing has definitely improved since I stopped combusting.

As for negatives, not really a negative, but thus far, like some of you guys have noticed, I've yet to really save on bud. This is my own fault as I just sooooo enjoy the taste (and aroma!) I just keep saying "uno mas, uno mas."

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's part of the issue with combusting poorly cured/not properly-flushed buds, they don't burn as cleanly so along with those residual chemicals there is the resulting soot which is horribly toxic as well.

The combusting growers I have met take flushing quite seriously.
I think the growers who rush the process are desperate for money!

farscaper

pros for vapor for me are the lack of lingering odor, less respiratory disturbance and no bla headache.

cons currently are that i feel like im still not getting the anti depressant attributes that i got from smoking all those years... maybe a solo will ease the need for a vape that can hit deeper into the area i need...

ive also considered that perhaps some of the maoi inhibitors that are created with all the other toxins in smoke are what had the effect that i need... but I have yet to do any real research in that area. i switched to smoking for a couple days to see... i noticed that the back pain and body aches (un-diagnosed me) as well as my mood were better. switched back and i can see them returning slowly. so im assuming that there is something im not getting that i want out of my stash, but its still left in my abv.

decaptain

cons currently are that i feel like im still not getting the anti depressant attributes that i got from smoking all those years... maybe a solo will ease the need for a vape that can hit deeper into the area i need...

what vape have you been using?

decaptain,

Kushmangoes

Glassblower
Glass Blower
Likewise! Oh how I've waited to hear someone say that so pointedly. I get a vibe that is something like "oh look you're being all fancy blazing out of a computer, when you going to pull out the Cuban cigars, campaign, caviar and frois gras you pretentious, privileged asshole. Drink boose and ride plastic toboggans down hills on University Campus like the rest of us. Common! You're in 3rd year and you've never blacked out and woken up with a chick you don't know! What the hell is that?"

Now I think that some of this is my own perception/imagination but some of it is definitely very real. It's part of my motivation to keep slimming down my collection because for the price of some of these things I could probably save an endangered species or bring clean water to a small Latin American village. I will never forget when my ex found out I spent $500 on a piece of glass.. That sort of thing became a sticking point. Fine paraphernalia is a flashy thing to have around. It can send a negative message the same way diamonds, Rolex watches or pricey bottles of wine can. It grabs peoples eyes and absorbs them like a famous painting of a controversial subject. Any glass piece costing more that $150 is indulgent. I hate to appear indulgent. Lets face it. Great scientific stuff can be had for less. I want to got back to one nice piece of glass and two vapes (portable and plugged). Simple is beautiful and I can keep it under the bed instead this time instead of on the mantle.
I'm going in for the make it yourself approach. That way you don't have to worry about making a $1000 piece because it's your artwork.

Positives of vaping for me are
-Taste
-Less smell (college student)
-Cleaner high with less of a come down
-More efficient

Cons
-Sometime that super stoned body high is fun
-High only last around an hour or two when combustion gets me about 3 hours and it's a lot stronger for longer

captain procrastination,
Reactions: Seren

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer

i normally vape at 380°F, but the last batch from the Bud Fairy is pretty crappy, and i had to raise the temperature to 440°F (having a digital thermometer readout is useful). Now i notice that the lower back pain i used to feel after sitting for a while is totally absent. Really good analgesic effect at 440°F.

So, my suggestion is to crank it up.

farscaper

Need a vape that can I guess... Maybe its time to get a vvps for the ol wychwood.

farscaper,

Reveen

Pros:
  • Actually tasting all the different terpines from different strains
  • Efficiency
  • Reuse of AVB
  • Little to no smell
  • Healthy
  • Stealthy
  • I like the high much more than combusting

Cons:

• Vaporizers are expensive
  • Not always the best for when you are with a group (trying to teach them how to hit, etc.)
  • Always wanting the newest and best vape

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
i normally vape at 380°F, but the last batch from the Bud Fairy is pretty crappy, and i had to raise the temperature to 440°F (having a digital thermometer readout is useful). Now i notice that the lower back pain i used to feel after sitting for a while is totally absent. Really good analgesic effect at 440°F.

So, my suggestion is to crank it up.
I understand!

I have 3 ounces of FLOWERS that I'm tried of.
It's really good but I'm bored.
Time to make wax with it.
So temped to just burn it!

Need to mix it up!

BlazedRunner

run high
I don't like needing expensive bulky vaporizers. Vaping is more of an ordeal than it needs to be. But I suppose you could say this about making coffee too.

chimpybits

What I've always disliked about vaping green: the extent that it (the material, the taste, the experience, and the effects) varies through the course of vaporizing a "bowl". First the flavour, then THC, CBC, sedative and analgesic effects, bad taste. It tends toward sessions instead of hits.

Yes, there are concentrates and pens which probably fulfils some of this, but combusters have one over us with bong hits and 1-hitters.

Until the Sublimator it seems. Perhaps the Cloud. I've unfort just begun looking at the Sub and fear I'll next look up videos.
I don't like needing expensive bulky vaporizers. Vaping is more of an ordeal than it needs to be. But I suppose you could say this about making coffee too.
Yep me too to all of that. I do want to keep it simple. The Sub Adapt-A-Bong over the full rig.

chimpybits,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

grokit

well-worn member
Never. But then again I never said I did.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted these parts:
What I've always disliked about vaping green: the extent that it (the material, the taste, the experience, and the effects) varies through the course of vaporizing a "bowl". First the flavour, then THC, CBC, sedative and analgesic effects, bad taste. It tends toward sessions instead of hits.

Yes, there are concentrates and pens which probably fulfils some of this, but combusters have one over us with bong hits and 1-hitters.

Until the Sublimator it seems. Perhaps the Cloud. I've unfort just begun looking at the Sub and fear I'll next look up videos.

Yep me too to all of that. I do want to keep it simple. The Sub Adapt-A-Bong over the full rig.

Just messing around!
When I agree to do a bongload on occasion it never tastes good anymore, that's what got me back to vaping full-time. The only thing worse is combusting by accident when vaping!

I totally agree re the sublimator, full extraction is a huge step up...

:science:

grokit,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

chimpybits

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted these parts:

Just messing around!
When I agree to do a bongload on occasion it never tastes good anymore, that's what got me back to vaping full-time. The only thing worse is combusting by accident when vaping!

I totally agree re the sublimator, full extraction is a huge step up...

:science:
Yeah you did misunderstand, though I can see how I set myself up for that. I was just referring to vaping generally being process-based or changing over time -argh don't know the term - but the start of the session is very different than the end; whereas smoking is generally more consistent hit-to-hit. Anyway, the taste is very much a part of this changing_over_time nature: with vaping it tastes wonderful at the start and decidedly less than wonderful at the end; smoking reliably tastes like yech every time. Anyway, we're on the same page regarding taste.

agreed also re full extraction - sooo appealing to me.

chimpybits,
Reactions: Seren

grokit

well-worn member
Still when combusting, the end of a joint or especially of a bowl is very different tasting than the beginning.
:science::science::science:
The sublimator is like the bong of vaping!

grokit,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

luchiano

Yeah you did misunderstand, though I can see how I set myself up for that. I was just referring to vaping generally being process-based or changing over time -argh don't know the term - but the start of the session is very different than the end; whereas smoking is generally more consistent hit-to-hit. Anyway, the taste is very much a part of this changing_over_time nature: with vaping it tastes wonderful at the start and decidedly less than wonderful at the end; smoking reliably tastes like yech every time. Anyway, we're on the same page regarding taste.

agreed also re full extraction - sooo appealing to me.
Smoking is consistent because when you load a bowl, and fire it up, only a certain amount is heated up, and when it does heat up it congeals together to make a cherry. Only the area near to the cherry is heated up, while the rest stays cool.

When you vape, the hot air, even though it cools off as it travels, it is still hot enough to boil off some of the flavor oils that vape at low temperatures since the hot air is coming form an external source unlike the cherry of a lit joint or bong. So unless you use a lot of herb, the flavor will go before the rest of the herb is spent. Now this is if you use a low temperature. If you start your session at around 440f at least, you will get flavor mixed in with the higher temperature boiling cannabinoids. It's all about temperature with vaporizers, for the most part. The rest comes from air flow, and how fast the vaporizer can heat the air because, if it takes too long your lungs will be full of air before you can vape the rest of what you want in the herb. This is one reason why some vaporizers seem to always have flavor for a long time but, to some they don't get the high they are looking for so they dis vaporizers. With something like the volcano you need a good bag size to get everything in one session. The bigger you the load of bowl, the bigger the bag needs to be. Think of the bag as a second lung.

anyway, I love the fact that you can taste all the subtleties in your herb or get different effects when you want them because you can control the temperature. This is so big to me because you can control the temperature of your cherry accurately so to speak, at least with vaporizers that are precise in temperature. If you just want taste with no high, so you can just enjoy the different flavors in the herb, you choose a low temperature in the mid-high 100f degrees. If you want a mild high with flavor, you choose a temperature in the low 200f-mid 300f degrees. If you want everything yo go all the way to 430f-445f. If you want a nice relaxing/pain relieving effect, you vape until around 360f, then go straight to around 440f so the thc will oxidize into cbn, and give you the effects.

Also, you can use very little since most of the actives aren't burned up or diluted with plant matter like burning is. I love vaping.

What I hate it, you need to teach people how to do it, and some aren't willing to learn. I also hate that most vaporizers don't do their job well, just look nice. I wish more put their energy into keeping the hot air stable, instead of being wireless, can blow clouds, and look like something you want to fuck. Just focus on being a vaporizer first. Forget the trickery, or looks. I feel they make them just good enough to heat the air, and be somewhat stable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom