What happened to Massdrop's Vaping category?

pdx3325

All the vaping items are gone. No auctions showing.

You can still find the active auctions via search, but the Vaping category is gone completely from the sidebar.

I don't suppose they're getting out of the vaporization business, are they?

pdx3325,

pdx3325

Massdrop just officially announced the end of the Vaping category via email.

Seems like the wrong time to get out of the business - with legal marijuana storming the country. Short sighted and the wrong decision.

Per email -

"Since launching the first vaping drop nearly two years ago, we have spent countless hours working to build and improve the vaping community on Massdrop. However, due to the current landscape both domestically and internationally, we are unable to provide the vaping community a level of service equal to our other communities.

After careful consideration, we have made the decision to no longer run group buys within the vaping category.

We hope to revisit the vaping community in the future, but in the meantime we encourage you to continue to be involved in our existing communities and the new ones that we will be launching soon!

The current drops will end by Friday. Afterwards, no new drops will be listed. We will continue to provide support for all existing orders.

Thank you for your support and for being a part of the Massdrop community."

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:rip: Massdrop vaping category. There must be some legal reason for them to stop. Either that or sales are not what they need them to be.

DieHard,
Reactions: Joel W.

rshetts

I just got the email myself. Thats really disappointing. It seemed like most of the drops were doing fine so I have to believe that this is liability or legally based. I was really hoping to invest in a Volcano but was not able to afford one at this time. I figured I would get one later this year through Massdrop. Well, looks like thats not gonna happen.

rshetts,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I only ever bought one thing, and it was the Purr2Go bubbler which is in the mail as I type. I am disappointed they won't continue the vaping category as well because I planned on making some future purchases through them.

mikek9,
Reactions: DieHard

poonman

I've only purchased the EVO thru MD . It came later than
stated by about 3 weeks . Other than that , it went fine .
I made contact with VXH beforehand , to ensure warranty coverage .
The Herbie was not a participant with MD , and I didn't buy
that one , after it was discovered .

The concept of Group purchases to acquire discounts is a good one .
It was just a logistical back-log when it came to warranty procedures . iirc

They did it backwards , imo .
1st they would get the 100 sales on MD .
Then they approached the manufacturer with the offer .
The manufacturer whether they had inventory or not ,
couldn't pass up the opportunity of instant 100 sales .
If this was Apple , no problems ...

MD should have approached the vape manufacturers 1st .
And work in conjunction with them , to assure proper inventory ,
shipping and return/warranty policies .

Since I'm a member of MD , I will try to alert them of my disappointment
and speak with my wallet . Maybe they will retract that decision .

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I've made several vape purchases on MassDrop. I'll miss the category, but at least my wallet will catch a bit of a break...

kazz,
Top Bottom