What grinder do you recommend for these vaporizers?

david8613

What grinder do you recommend for these vaporizers? Fine, coarse, medium grinds? I am asking because I am trying to get the best performance from my devices?

Ghost mv1
Storz & bickel mighty and plenty
Dynavap "m" 2019
Firefly 2.

MGG

Consider the Otto Grinder. I'm a previous santa cruz shredder owner and to me its the next step up.
grinds your herbs for you and funnels it down into your bowl.
very convenient but pretty pricey!

That being said even a plastic storz n bickel grinder will do wonders!

MGG,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
My vote goes to the lift innovations grinder, there are other contenders, but im somehow sold on their design principle of slicing instead of grinding with any kind of pressure. The trichromes are less touched in slicing with blades, i really like the concept behind the design.

audiodelic,

david8613

Man I am looking at some of these grinders and the prices are crazy!!! I mean I get it, some of these are better or more healthy to use vs the really cheap ones, but dang over 100.00 for a grinder is a bit much I think. any best bang for your buck budget grinders?

Last edited:

started@52

BCG with medium plate. Expensive but should work in about every thing and you can always buy a fine or coarse grind plate if needed down the road.
Or an SLX

Last edited:
started@52,

MGG

Man I am looking at some of these grinders and the prices are crazy!!! I mean I get it, some of these are better or more healthy to use vs the really cheap ones, but dang over 100.00 for a grinder is a bit much I think. any best bang for your buck budget grinders?

the volcano plastic grinder is probably going to be your best 'bang for buck' option.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast

Check out Space Case or Santa Cruz Shredder. Puffitup and Cream City Vapes both usually have open box sales on them.

Obsessed 2

I agree with @MGG regarding the S&B orange plastic grinder. And, if you want a really good budget grinder for under $30USD, may i suggest the Mendo Mulcher? I own three and I cannot recommned them enough. I have a two-piece, two-piece anodized, and a three piece. Lifetime guareatee and made in the U.S.A. 420EDC carries them.

Obsessed 2,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
SLX
Kannastor GR8TR v1 and v2
Lift Innovations

i really like the kannastor v2 with fine screen, pretty good for vapes. Lift innovations also slicing the herb but bigger so desktop use. Heard great things about BCG of course but there is a waiting list i believe.

audiodelic,

habitat-fc

I use my Santa Cruz Shredder Two Piece grinder more than any other grinder and they cost about $30 - $35

habitat-fc,

Obsessed 2

What grinder do you recommend for these vaporizers? Fine, coarse, medium grinds? I am asking because I am trying to get the best performance from my devices?

Ghost mv1
Dynavap "m" 2019
Firefly 2.
Re-reading your question, I apologize for overlooking its specificity. Each vape you listed will perform differently with different grinds. I have found part of the fun of vaping is messing around with the factors that come into play... source of heat, type of heat, grind, strain, battery levels, etc. Personally, I am a fine-grind guy. The finer the better for me as the surface area is maxed out for my on-demand vapes. Each grind will have its benefits and detractors. With a fine grind, you increase the chances of combustion due to hot spots and tunneling. Clogging happens often. With a courser grind i feel that my extraction is more uneven but the other issues arent present.

In summary, I would recommned that you find your sweet spot. You can achieve a fine grind with a run-of-the-mill grinder; just keep it flipped upside down for a bit before turning it back over to allow the material to fall through.Medium to courser... just give it a turn ot two and dump it out before material fallls through.

Enjoy experimenting! And stay lifted.

david8613

Re-reading your question, I apologize for overlooking its specificity. Each vape you listed will perform differently with different grinds. I have found part of the fun of vaping is messing around with the factors that come into play... source of heat, type of heat, grind, strain, battery levels, etc. Personally, I am a fine-grind guy. The finer the better for me as the surface area is maxed out for my on-demand vapes. Each grind will have its benefits and detractors. With a fine grind, you increase the chances of combustion due to hot spots and tunneling. Clogging happens often. With a courser grind i feel that my extraction is more uneven but the other issues arent present.

In summary, I would recommned that you find your sweet spot. You can achieve a fine grind with a run-of-the-mill grinder; just keep it flipped upside down for a bit before turning it back over to allow the material to fall through.Medium to courser... just give it a turn ot two and dump it out before material fallls through.

Enjoy experimenting! And stay lifted.

your right about this, I have been experimenting. I was using a coarse grind with my mv1 because this is what is recommended, and I was getting a lots of tunneling/hotspots. so I tried using the storz and bickle plastic grinder and I can see less tunneling/hotspots. still experimenting...

flammy

Ghost mv1
Dynavap "m" 2019
Firefly 2.

FF2: course or whole bud.
DV: Fine to medium fine
Mighty: Medium to medium fine
MV1: No experience unfortunately

david8613

what type of grind is the storz & bickle? Because I noticed it's much finer compared to my budget grinder I currently use, which is very coarse.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
what type of grind is the storz & bickle? Because I noticed it's much finer compared to my budget grinder I currently use, which is very coarse.
It all depends on how long you grind - the longer you grind in it the finer it will get. Give it a couple of quick twists and it can be coarse.

Jill NYC,

flammy

Ghost mv1
Dynavap "m" 2019
Firefly 2.

Sorry but it seems like I missed the part where you asked for grinder recommendations. I think a Lift and MFLB finishing grinder will set you up for a long time. The S&B herb mill can also grind pretty fine but my gripe about this one is the amount of herb that gets stuck on the grinder. The teeth makes it difficult to clean as well. The MFLB doesn't have these issues since it doesn't have teeth but its biggest draw back is the very small chamber. That said, I never want it fine in large quantities at a time. If you are curious about the Lift, some recent comments were made in the grinder dedicated thread which I believe has been referenced by link above somewhere. These two are my most used grinders by a long shot.

flammy,

Verax

FF2: course or whole bud.
DV: Fine to medium fine
Mighty: Medium to medium fine
MV1: No experience unfortunately
Sorry but it seems like I missed the part where you asked for grinder recommendations. I think a Lift and MFLB finishing grinder will set you up for a long time.

Flammy and I are on exactly the same page. These were going to be my exact recommendations. I would get a MFLB finishing grinder, and a cheap medium cut grinder.

I would say not to worry too much about boutique grinders yet, until you have more experience and know what features matter to you). You'll be paying a boatload of money for an awesome grinder, but it may not be exactly what you are looking for feature wise, and the only way you will really know is by using your system for a while.

just my $.02

Verax,
Reactions: flammy

Brewervapesalot

Any nice 4 piece grinders that use magnets instead of threads to hold pieces together?

My space case just gets super clogged with kief..

Thanks!

Brewervapesalot,
Top Bottom